• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is a 8 month wait on current orders true?

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I ordered 3/27, my Dark Horse was built 8/28, and it has been sitting waiting to ship in Dearborn since 9/6. I think 8 month wait is a realistic timeframe.

In my opinion there are much better options for a track only car than GT s650, especially in the $50-60k range. At that price that includes your C7. But you get what you want, its your money.
Oh man, youre still in Dearborn?
My car left Dearborn after a week, but now I've been stuck at Ramp 6P in KC, since 9/5.

Sorry yours is taking so long. Im already tapped out on waiting, so I know how you must feel.
Sponsored

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Oh man, youre still in Dearborn?
My car left Dearborn after a week, but now I've been stuck at Ramp 6P in KC, since 9/5.

Sorry yours is taking so long. Im already tapped out on waiting, so I know how you must feel.
Yeah it sucks, “Ramp 59”. I have quit asking my dealer and Ford chat. Ford chat and Ford marketing (the ones ford chat refers you to) lied to me 2 weeks ago saying it was shipped from Ramp 59 on the 21st and should be delivered by the 26th. My dealer said last week on Monday it was still sitting in Dearborn. So I didn’t even ask this week. I guess I will just get it when I get it. I’m sure it will be when it is too cold to drive it with the summer only tires! Good thing is in Oklahoma we will have a few nice days throughout the winter that are above 45 degrees.

That sucks for you too that it is stuck at another ramp now! Hopefully you will see yours soon! Post pics when you do!

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I know the Mustang is "new," but let's be real--the majority of the car is carryover from the S550. It shouldn't be this difficult to build them. Why is it that my buddy can order a Tesla Model S Plaid--from his phone, no less--and delivery is 4 weeks or less, but Ford makes you wade through an army of dumbshit greedy dealers and then wait 8 months for your car?!?

Yes, I get that they're two different types of cars, but come on...

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Ford makes you wade through an army of dumbshit greedy dealers
No, lobbyists from the dealerships make you wade through the dealerships. As for the 8 month lead time, you can expect that to come down once Ford clears the initial backlog. Remember these cars have been getting made since May, but have only been shipping since August so that's causing backlogs. The dealership I ordered my car through sells mostly f series and the turnaround for one of those is 12-18 weeks from order to dealer lot.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Yeah it sucks, “Ramp 59”. I have quit asking my dealer and Ford chat. Ford chat and Ford marketing (the ones ford chat refers you to) lied to me 2 weeks ago saying it was shipped from Ramp 59 on the 21st and should be delivered by the 26th. My dealer said last week on Monday it was still sitting in Dearborn. So I didn’t even ask this week. I guess I will just get it when I get it. I’m sure it will be when it is too cold to drive it with the summer only tires! Good thing is in Oklahoma we will have a few nice days throughout the winter that are above 45 degrees.

That sucks for you too that it is stuck at another ramp now! Hopefully you will see yours soon! Post pics when you do!
I talked to the same people. They all basically say to keep waiting. Nothing they can do.

Reading other forums, it being stuck is not a good sign. Could mean the car won’t start and is being ignored until someone decides to do something about it. Even worse it could be that the car was damaged and needs repairs.

The car being damaged is honestly my worse fear. I don’t think I could accept a repainted or repaired car that is supposed to be new.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked to the same people. They all basically say to keep waiting. Nothing they can do.

Reading other forums, it being stuck is not a good sign. Could mean the car won’t start and is being ignored until someone decides to do something about it. Even worse it could be that the car was damaged and needs repairs.

The car being damaged is honestly my worse fear. I don’t think I could accept a repainted or repaired car that is supposed to be new.
I agree! I am paying for a new car. Although, how would we even know if is repaired/repainted?

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I agree! I am paying for a new car. Although, how would we even know if is repaired/repainted?
I would be able to tell. I repainted cars for a couple years so I have an eye for it, and it would definitely be a dealbreaker.

Yet to see a repair that I actually am OK with. Most body shops don’t wait for body filler or primer to shrink down due to the production schedule.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be able to tell. I repainted cars for a couple years so I have an eye for it, and it would definitely be a dealbreaker.

Yet to see a repair that I actually am OK with. Most body shops don’t wait for body filler or primer to shrink down due to the production schedule.
See on the contrary I know none of this so I am at their mercy, unless it is major!

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Well just left my Ford dealer, wanted to order a GT, and was told no problem but the wait is 8 months. Is this what everyone is seeing?
I haven’t heard that, but I know a lot of them have them on their lots

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not unheard of. The dealer needs an allocation. That allocation has to be picked up and later scheduled. Some options have waits or are constrained. And there's delivery. While Flat Rock isn't currently impacted, the on-going UAW strike isn't helping. Could you give us some insight on your build?
Think that’s mostly with DH

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walked but it was a GT Premium with performance, Recaros, and a 6-speed for my next track car build. But not a 8 Months.
I am thinking of selling my GT premium It has performance package, active exhaust and convertible manual but no Recaros Also has 401A
I’m still under 1000 miles, so haven’t got it broken in yet