• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New here! Any idea on wait time for s650?

saaaulx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 2024 Mustang GT
Hey guys! New here. Wanted to see if anyone has any insight or could point me in the right direction. Keep getting mixed info from my dealer and Ford about the order I placed on a 2024 Mustang GT PP. Here’s a screenshot of today’s conversation with Ford’s chat system.
S650 Mustang New here! Any idea on wait time for s650? IMG_5543
S650 Mustang New here! Any idea on wait time for s650? IMG_5545
S650 Mustang New here! Any idea on wait time for s650? IMG_5546
Sponsored

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
From my experience; in production - produced means vehicle is finished and awaiting its final quality inspections and or evaluations. Built means vehicle is finished passed all inspections and shipping has been arranged and transit is imminent.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Hoping we get ours soon. What did you order out of curiosity?
DarkHorse with HP, it’s probably why I got the huge wait. Others of similar spec had a week so did GT’s. The Ford chat said yours was produced its just waiting to actually be released to shipping and it’ll move to built. Guessing the start up after the long weekend is requiring catch up. You’ll see your build in no time!

OP
OP
saaaulx

saaaulx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From my experience; in production - produced means vehicle is finished and awaiting its final quality inspections and or evaluations. Built means vehicle is finished passed all inspections and shipping has been arranged and transit is imminent.
Thanks for your input! That is what I was thinking. Would be great if Ford would include notes or have a more detailed tracking system. Obviously they would never waste money or resources on that, but wouldn’t it be cool to see “waiting on interior assembly, awaiting quality inspection” or something of that nature. It feels like I’m ordering something off Alibaba that only updates every blue moon lol.

OP
OP
saaaulx

saaaulx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DarkHorse with HP, it’s probably why I got the huge wait. Others of similar spec had a week so did GT’s. The Ford chat said yours was produced its just waiting to actually be released to shipping and it’ll move to built. Guessing the start up after the long weekend is requiring catch up. You’ll see your build in no time!
Dang! Super jealous. Congrats on your DH order. Fingers crossed that you’re right - the anticipation has been killing me. My original ETA was the week of August 21 and they keep pushing it back at the end of every week so I’m not holding my breath anymore. Hopefully we all get ours soon!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys! New here. Wanted to see if anyone has any insight or could point me in the right direction. Keep getting mixed info from my dealer and Ford about the order I placed on a 2024 Mustang GT PP. Here’s a screenshot of today’s conversation with Ford’s chat system.
IMG_5543.png
IMG_5545.png
IMG_5546.png
S650 Mustang New here! Any idea on wait time for s650? 8ball-bart-simpson

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Dang! Super jealous. Congrats on your DH order. Fingers crossed that you’re right - the anticipation has been killing me. My original ETA was the week of August 21 and they keep pushing it back at the end of every week so I’m not holding my breath anymore. Hopefully we all get ours soon!
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Icalled the GM when it was released and said put me down for the allocation😂 Your eta is the same as mine but I’m in Pittsburgh if you line up with that we might be on the same truck!

OP
OP
saaaulx

saaaulx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Icalled the GM when it was released and said put me down for the allocation😂 Your eta is the same as mine but I’m in Pittsburgh if you line up with that we might be on the same truck!
[/QUOTE] Lol that’s great. I’m unfortunately in the west coast. Southern California to be exact so we’ll see. Did you get the blue ember color???

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
I did not. I really love old school BRIGHT colors and the only left atleast this initial year was grabber blue. Was never a fan but very sure it’ll grow! I was going to do Vapor blue but my friends kept saying it was an old people color and didn’t want mocked till the end of the Earth. Seeing it on others vehicles I wish I did.

OP
OP
saaaulx

saaaulx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not. I really love old school BRIGHT colors and the only left atleast this initial year was grabber blue. Was never a fan but very sure it’ll grow! I was going to do Vapor blue but my friends kept saying it was an old people color and didn’t want mocked till the end of the Earth. Seeing it on others vehicles I wish I did.
Honestly Ford killed it on the color options for the 2024s. Not a single bad color in my opinion, but I am very happy I ordered Vapor Blue. I regret not doing the grabber blue calipers, but I’ll probably get them powder coated in a different color to make my car stand out.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Honestly Ford killed it on the color options for the 2024s. Not a single bad color in my opinion, but I am very happy I ordered Vapor Blue. I regret not doing the grabber blue calipers, but I’ll probably get them powder coated in a different color to make my car stand out.
Getting em powdered is a bit too much in price but the west coast is fucking stellar with car culture so betting it’ll be a better bargin and quality.

OP
OP
saaaulx

saaaulx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting em powdered is a bit too much in price but the west coast is fucking stellar with car culture so betting it’ll be a better bargin and quality.
Really?? How much would that cost you out there? I already have a guy that will do mine for $300 once it gets delivered and he does an amazing job. I thought it’d be better to pay $300/400 cash than to finance $495 from the factory in my opinion.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Really?? How much would that cost you out there? I already have a guy that will do mine for $300 once it gets delivered and he does an amazing job. I thought it’d be better to pay $300/400 cash than to finance $495 from the factory in my opinion.
Guy quoted me 1000$! Man glad I didn’t get ripped off! Got the wheels done for that price instead.
Sponsored