• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Just one week would back up orders months

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I’ve worked most of my life in non union shops.

being in the UAW is an absolute game changer, better pay, much better benefits, vacation etc.
With the union there are actual rules in place, you can’t just get tapped on the shoulder Friday a 5pm and be told you need to work late or it’s gonna be a write up.
Sponsored

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special

being in the UAW is an absolute game changer, better pay, much better benefits, vacation etc.
With the union there are actual rules in place, you can’t just get tapped on the shoulder Friday a 5pm and be told you need to work late or it’s gonna be a write up.
They also hide bad employees and quality suffers - ask me how I know.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
I am scheduled for 10/2, figured November delivery, now I’m planning on January or February

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Same, unions are basically communist strongholds pretending to fight for the little guy. bullshit. i was harrassed and bullied so much to stay in the union. when i left a bunch of others left too lol
Same thing with my hubby when he was at caterpillar. They going to strike and all these guys get paid a little bit of money. They finally leave my husband off on that one strike. All it did was hurt him because he loves his job, he could’ve had a pension. He had three out of four years in tool and did making In. By the time he could’ve gone back, we were already in South Carolina, and we loved it here. He says, exact same thing you say. Very seldom, you find any unions here, I remember him having to pay union dues. Unions could care less about the workers. Everyone needs to just get rid of them

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm all for fair pay for skilled workers. I think 40% pay increase is a bit much. When I was in the military we were happy for a 6% raise. Hostile fire pay was only $5 a day to get shot at when we were deployed. I think Fain needs to get some perspective. Still, I hope Ford can mitigate a strike and still take care of workers. I guess we will see how it plays out.
They are already making good money. The Union is asking for ridiculous things, work 32 hours and get paid for 40. Etc etc. This is why this country is in a mess it’s in now. I was getting groceries yesterday, and the cashier Was telling me that she is on disability, but she hast to work because she can’t even afford groceries. My husband never going to be able to retire. We have lost so many thousands of dollars that is in 401 for retirement.

Last edited:

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have never belonged to a union and I wouldn't object to them if they were like any other business delivering a quality product at a reasonable price. However it seems their only goal is to extract as much as possible and only offering an extended period of time before the next extortion attempt. Still you don't always get that because one union may refuse to cross the picket line of another.
In my case, if I were dissatisfied with an employer, I am free to look for work somewhere else. My pay has never been astronomical but I have made a reasonable living and found work so enjoyable that I would probably do it without pay if my needs were met.
So you wouldn’t even imagine how much in Union dues come out of these peoples pockets. 95% of the people I know that worked for them have nothing good to say about them

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Well, I’m assuming that You have never gone on strike yet. You get in the months of strike trying to live on probably gotta remember how much my husband made on the pick up line the first time not much and it was dangerous to be out there. The second time they went on strike they laid a lot of them off, him being One of them. We could not survive a little bit pay he was getting for picketing. Most people that work for the union hate them.
Sponsored