• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is 486hp enough?? Let’s discuss

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
To me, it's about PPHP. Price per HP. The dark horse approaching 2016/2020 GT350 HP and price. Not really a great gain and smiles per gallon at the price. Not to mention the 2015GT vs. 2024GT. Performance has increased, but not by 20K....ish.
This might be viable if you counted in inflation and just the year over year increases we always see. Also have to compare standard equipment over the years. Also improvements in tech and performance. In others words a straight up PPHP doesn’t really work.
Sponsored

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
This might be viable if you counted in inflation and just the year over year increases we always see. Also have to compare standard equipment over the years. Also improvements in tech and performance. In others words a straight up PPHP doesn’t really work.
Maybe, but at the end of the day, it's about value/return. How much will you get in return if you sell it 4-5 years a later. The electronics and price fix will diminish value even more in post 2024. Ford would like nothing more than to charge more for subscriptions and repairs. Cost to maintain is PPHP as well.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Maybe, but at the end of the day, it's about value/return. How much will you get in return if you sell it 4-5 years a later. The electronics and price fix will diminish value even more in post 2024. Ford would like nothing more than to charge more for subscriptions and repairs. Cost to maintain is PPHP as well.
I hear you but ROI should not be a consideration if you're buying a Mustang. Except maybe a Shelby. Not sure if one extra video screen and the small expected uptick in MSRP for the S650 is really going to make a difference either in value or repair costs. ESP's can make sense even on the S550 if you are going to keep it beyond the 3/36. I know I did.

Subscriptions, maybe who knows. For more expensive luxury car definitely, on bread and butter cars hopefully not.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
I have to say...if this is the swan song for ICE motors, the Coyote is a pretty darn good send off! As someone above mentioned, 100 horsepower per liter in a street motor!? Stop, think about that, and let it sink in. Look at the large cubic inches it required back in the day to even get close to these figures. Enough said...

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I have to say...if this is the swan song for ICE motors, the Coyote is a pretty darn good send off! As someone above mentioned, 100 horsepower per liter in a street motor!? Stop, think about that, and let it sink in. Look at the large cubic inches it required back in the day to even get close to these figures. Enough said...
100hp per Liter isn't anything special... Just look at AMGs four banger... 2 Liter 400+hp...

However, it is somewhat special if we exclude turbo charged engines.

At the end of the day it's pure marketing...

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
100hp per Liter isn't anything special... Just look at AMGs four banger... 2 Liter 400+hp...

However, it is somewhat special if we exclude turbo charged engines.

At the end of the day it's pure marketing...
Like you said, it is special if we exclude forced induction. NA is the swan song
Sponsored