• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

69° Cold Enough for Heat?

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I don't know about the rest of the country, but around SE New England a 70° day and sunny is a nice day outside. Summers can run a little short around here, so I take in all of the top-down crusin' I can get.

I use remote start often just to get the RPMs to settle down before I take off. I didn't realize that also meant the climate control was also turning on the vents & seat cooling - nice feature!

This morning, the dash read 69° in the garage as I started to leave. Before long, my hands were toasty. I figured the sun was beating on the wheel and heating it up. When my buns were toasty, that's when I realized the heated seats, cabin heat, and heated steering wheel were on! Hey @Ford Motor Company
- can we get an OTA update where heat turns on at a lower setting? Everyone is different and in my experience there's a definite gender difference in perceiving what cold is, but I have to believe 69° isn't universally cold. Maybe have different zones like this Frost Zone Map?

Nice feature, but I went into settings and turned it off for now. It's under remote start.
Sponsored

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
Based on the user manual, it was trying to get the car to 72*. Here is what is says in the manual:

Switching Climate Control Auto Mode On and Off
  1. Press Climate Control.
  1. Press Auto or Last Setting.
Note: If you switch the auto mode on, the system attempts to heat or cool the interior to 72 °F (22 °C). When you switch the vehicle on, the climate control system returns to the last used settings.
Note: If you switch the last settings on, the system remembers the last used settings.

OP
OP
Decio

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Thanks! I made it pretty deep into the manual but I didn't see that one. Maybe a bit of programming change from precisely 72 to more of a +/- 5 degrees.

Luajesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does anyone know if there’s an option to keep the car exhaust on track for remote start or does it ALWAYS default to normal?
Sponsored