• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Improve your Mustang's Aerodynamics with Underbody Strakes!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
With the new S650 having the highest downforce of any Mustang from the factory to date, there has to be some big changes right? Well one of the changes is actually somewhat small and might go unnoticed to most. On Dark Horse and Performance Package models, underbody strakes come with the vehicle to help with not only cornering but straight-line speed. See how you're able to get the same performance benefits on your S550 in this video!

Product located here - https://www.steeda.com/ford-pr3z-9916a315-a-mustang-under-body-strakes

Sponsored

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I saw this video the other day. May sound kind of noob but I was walking back to my car after shopping at Target recently and I noticed them under the car. I thought it was weird and had no idea what they were. Didn't bother to research it though until this video came up in my feed. The more you know...

FrankAR15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS Fsport, Toyota 4Runner, Genesis coupe
My dealer forgot to put them on as they came with the GT performance package. I am scheduled for install.
I thought I read somewhere that they could scoop water up into the engine?? Anyone hear of that?

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I thought I read somewhere that they could scoop water up into the engine?? Anyone hear of that?
Unlikely in relation to where the strakes are attached.
What I found interesting reading the Road & Track article by Jonathan Gesek.

S650 Mustang Improve your Mustang's Aerodynamics with Underbody Strakes! Screenshot 2024-05-12 173240

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Unlikely in relation to where the strakes are attached.
What I found interesting reading the Road & Track article by Jonathan Gesek.

Screenshot 2024-05-12 173240.png
@tj@steeda... you sold me some of the strakes... when are you going to sell me some of these?

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Mustang
I think we just read that same article internally - I know there are some conversations, let me see where we are at :)

TJ
Sponsored