• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ideal S650 Mustang Bullitt Edition

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
As some of you may be aware, Ford released several initial sketches as part of the S650 reveal last week. One of those sketches was the below dark green (arguably Highland Green) GT (thanks @Twin Turbo).

S650 Mustang Ideal S650 Mustang Bullitt Edition S650 Bullitt

I've always loved the Bullitt spec'd cars, so naturally that piqued my interest as to a potential S650 Bullitt edition GT. With that said, what would be your ideal Bullitt spec? It would obviously omit the spoiler , but what else would you like to see?

Me personally, I actually think that as the Bullitt aesthetic has always been one of minimalism, I would like to see the EB's front end for the Bullitt edition (crazy, I know). Or, in the alternative, a more conservative fascia based on the GT. In addition, I would LOVE the DH spec 5.0 and Tremec - but I anticipate it may only have the regular GT's 5.0 in conjunction with MT88 (which is unproven as of yet).
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
As the Bullitt was just a more powerful GT I'd say a Dark Horse Engine with the Performance Package suspension and Tremec. This could potentially allow it to be sold along side the DH. If there is no DH at the time then I say just use the DH setup but no track coolers and a bit softer spring. Most aren't buying a Bullitt for track work, but a fun cruiser.

Appearance I'd say a tweaked EB front to keep it subtle or a tweaked GT front due to the extra aero.

What i'd like more is of they just started to have a "retro color collection" you can get EVERY year for say $750-1k. with colors like Night Mist, Brittany Blue, Highland Green, the Grabber colors. maybe reserve SOME colors like Wimbledon for special editions, but if they had Highland on an EcoBoost I'd probably have gotten that instead of the GT. I know people that would have gotten their GT500 in Highland if they could. If Brittany Blue was on a regular GT or a Mach1 I'd have traded in on it.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
What i'd like more is of they just started to have a "retro color collection" you can get EVERY year for say $750-1k. with colors like Night Mist, Brittany Blue, Highland Green, the Grabber colors. maybe reserve SOME colors like Wimbledon for special editions, but if they had Highland on an EcoBoost I'd probably have gotten that instead of the GT.
Looking back at this, Wimbledon would play very well on the S650's sharper lines imo. 😍

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
As some of you may be aware, Ford released several initial sketches as part of the S650 reveal last week. One of those sketches was the below dark green (arguably Highland Green) GT (thanks @Twin Turbo).

S650 Bullitt.jpg

I've always loved the Bullitt spec'd cars, so naturally that piqued my interest as to a potential S650 Bullitt edition GT. With that said, what would be your ideal Bullitt spec? It would obviously omit the spoiler , but what else would you like to see?

Me personally, I actually think that as the Bullitt aesthetic has always been one of minimalism, I would like to see the EB's front end for the Bullitt edition (crazy, I know). Or, in the alternative, a more conservative fascia based on the GT. In addition, I would LOVE the DH spec 5.0 and Tremec - but I anticipate it may only have the regular GT's 5.0 in conjunction with MT88 (which is unproven as of yet).
you aren't crazy. i think the EB looks better than the rest of them... but i have a PP1 sleeper sans spoiler/black wheels

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
My guess would be that an S650 edition would be GT based, since the Dark Horse front end styling might be a little too aggressive for the subdued concept of the Bullitt.

It would require clean custom grille without fangs though, like they did with the S550 edition. Using an EB grille and/or bumper might not work because of the air flow required for the dual intake design of the gen 4 Coyote and for the oil cooler.