• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I won the game !! I got Dark Horse without $10k Markups !!

DashSTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
Finally, I could get back my original Dark Horse without $10k mark up!!

As I posted before, they put >10k mark up on my ordered DH. So, we gave up buying at that time. Thus, they put my DH on their showroom to expose others including internet sales (I could find my DH on sale on kbb.com, google advertisement etc…). I was so nervous and complicated mixed feelings whether my DH will be gone somewhere for 2 weeks.

I tried to put my mind staying calm and to stay with the fight with my mind to find any chance or opportunity to get her back as original deal.

Then the chance has come suddenly. Thanks to Luis Cruz, who is another sales consultant (he knows my bad story with other sales manager like I posted), I could get her back without 10k markup any more on last day of September!! He tried his best to convince his general manager to remove any mark up. And I believe the timing was the perfect. I have no idea of the fact, but most likely they could have a quota to achieve sales target of the month or quarter. Thanks to my geek selection (Carbonized Gray, 6MT, Handling Package and Blue Caliper), probably nobody has interest to buy, nor nobody contacts the dealer about my DH to buy. Thus, I think GM changed his mind not putting 10k markup but sell it to get their achievement of sales quota. (Without sell, no gross margin he can get of cause!!)

I want my DH, they want to sell… Both intentions have been finally matched 😁

Luis called me he got green signal to sell without 10k markup. So, I stopped by at the same day. Then finally I got it!!

Welcome back to home, my new buddy 🤩🥰😍
S650 Mustang I won the game !! I got Dark Horse without $10k Markups !! 20230930_142814

S650 Mustang I won the game !! I got Dark Horse without $10k Markups !! 20231001_112307
S650 Mustang I won the game !! I got Dark Horse without $10k Markups !! 20230930_163606
Sponsored

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
WTG on holding your line and saving $10k. It's never easy but oh so sweet when it works out, congrats.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order

As I posted before, they put >10k mark up on my ordered DH. So, we gave up buying at that time. Thus, they put my DH on their showroom to expose others including internet sales (I could find my DH on sale on kbb.com, google advertisement etc…). I was so nervous and complicated mixed feelings whether my DH will be gone somewhere for 2 weeks.

I tried to put my mind staying calm and to stay with the fight with my mind to find any chance or opportunity to get her back as original deal.

Then the chance has come suddenly. Thanks to Luis Cruz, who is another sales consultant (he knows my bad story with other sales manager like I posted), I could get her back without 10k markup any more on last day of September!! He tried his best to convince his general manager to remove any mark up. And I believe the timing was the perfect. I have no idea of the fact, but most likely they could have a quota to achieve sales target of the month or quarter. Thanks to my geek selection (Carbonized Gray, 6MT, Handling Package and Blue Caliper), probably nobody has interest to buy, nor nobody contacts the dealer about my DH to buy. Thus, I think GM changed his mind not putting 10k markup but sell it to get their achievement of sales quota. (Without sell, no gross margin he can get of cause!!)

Luis called me he got green signal to sell without 10k markup. So, I stopped by at the same day. Then finally I got it!!

20230930_142814.jpg

20231001_112307.jpg
20230930_163606.jpg
NICE!! Love it when the little guy wins! Congrats!! She’s beautiful.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
I’ve known the owner of the dealer I bought mine from since I was a kid so he thankfully did the same for me! Congrats!! What’s your Chassis number??

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform

20230930_142814.jpg

20231001_112307.jpg
20230930_163606.jpg
Congratulations! looks amazing !

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Congrats! This is wonderful news! Enjoy 🍻

They needed to move metal for the end of the month to meet quotas so they finally came to their senses... lose a sale (vehicle still at MSRP so not really a "deal" by any stretch) or meet sales numbers at the end of the month/quarter.

I know why they tried to add the market adjustment to the new hot mustang, but it still drives me nuts that they put people through that ridiculous stress when buying a new car is suppose to be a good experience. They were trying to be opportunistic but fortunately you came out with the car and the original deal.

Cheers!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

20230930_142814.jpg

20231001_112307.jpg
20230930_163606.jpg
Awesome ride! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy!