• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I am scared. What the hell is this sound?

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Probably means piece(pc)?
Sponsored

stevev201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Perfomance GT. 2023 Silverado ZR2
Yes, Highvoltage is correct, sorry it means a piece or a part but from what you are saying, and what I heard on your video, it sounds like the cars we get in at least once a week, all brands, that have a small rock stuck between the rotor and the backing plate or splash shield. I could not see much of the photo you posted as to what caused that. Is that the only brake rotor with those marks? and on the side with the noise? If so, it is still whatever was stuck in there, possible heat that slightly discolored the rotor. I' wonder if you can feel those marks with you finger, or if its more a discoloration? If you drive on a dirt or gravel road, and with the sticky tires the car comes with, this can occur pretty easily. I have had several of my vehicles do the same thing. It is like your finger nails on a chock board! I'd still want to pull that wheel and take a look to make sure all the brake parts are where they should be. I'd hate to thin it could be a bolt thats backed out a bit and was rubbing!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Wonder if it is a rock and it did some kind of damage ..would ford cover it? .. because this happened to my friend last year and they denied warranty work cause they found a rock wedged in he’s brakes ..they said ford doesn’t cover mother nature damage ..

You answered the question...

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hey Guys,

I was taking my car out for a drive and it started making this noise. So I drove it back to my parking space and filmed this while doing it. Video attached.

I am guessing it's something related to rear brakes? I am not sure.

Will Ford cover this?

Does anyone know what this might be?

Just got my first oil change done at 2500 kms and it's been around 3 weeks since I had the car.

Please help.

Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this noise concern? Thank you!

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
The panel remark was sarcasm from someone with panel alignment issue.

The other advise here is very sound. If you did not back over a curb or something, it's Fords problem.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Thank you for the info!
What’s a pc. of the brake system? The noise is gone now.
Do you know anything about the black spots that you see on the rotor? What’s the cause of those marks? It’s generally a series of circles, right?
Obviously that wasn’t music emanating off your wheels! Lol! Yes, to the Ford dealership to have that terrible music removed! Hope all goes well afterwards, best of luck getting it fixed!
Sponsored