• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Took delivery...didn't notice the paint doesn't exactly match. Am I screwed?

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
S650 Mustang Took delivery...didn't notice the paint doesn't exactly match. Am I screwed? IMG_2783

I actually yanked this photo from @ GTPony24, but it's the exact same issue on my car. My rear bumper, and lower...side skirt area don't match the colour of the door and the rear quarter panel. I didn't notice at delivery. I picked it up around 5:30 and it's hard to see unless it's in direct sunlight.

Do I have any chance of taking this back to the dealership? I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. Just thought I'd check and see what the forum thinks.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I would certainly try! I don't know how mismatched paint panels come from the factory like that. Y'all are just illustrating the fact that I am going over my car with a fine toothed comb. I think you have a case. If the dealer won't honor it hit up @Ford Motor Company on this site.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
having the plastic parts not be an exact match to the metal parts is not an uncommon issue the Mustangs. I had a similar issue on my FJG Mach1. There have been numerous post about this issue since 2015.

OP
OP

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I would certainly try! I don't know how mismatched paint panels come from the factory like that. Y'all are just illustrating the fact that I am going over my car with a fine toothed comb. I think you have a case. If the dealer won't honor it hit up @Ford Motor Company on this site.
Lol learn from my mistake - Get it in direct sunlight and try to pick it up between 11:00-2:00

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
this is 100% warranty, according to GSB 23-7003
Sponsored