• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How many miles were on your car at delivery?

squad0014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine had 31 mi from factory. I know for sure because i was tracking it with fordpass before it got to the dealer. No big deal, it was flawless when i picked it up.
Sponsored

GTPony24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang by convertible
Mine had 31 mi from factory. I know for sure because i was tracking it with fordpass before it got to the dealer. No big deal, it was flawless when i picked it up.
Mine had 32 and I was a little suspicious because the delivery was Sept 7 so it was one of the first in the state of New Hampshire. However, the real drama came when I had to bring it in for service due to a faulty Brembo and I gave it to them with about 70 miles they gave it back with 106. That was serious BS. I know service department folks went joy riding, but I couldnā€™t prove it and of course they denied. Thankfully the car is perfect and has no problems

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
Mine had over 50 miles and averaged under 15 mpg. I did not notice the mileage until my first stop. I drove 760 miles home and had somewhere around 820 miles on the car. I was too focused on the panel fitment. I have over 2k miles on it now.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Asked my dealer about the 28 miles on mine from last week (hasn't even been shipped yet), the response was:

" Ford will put on anywhere from 3-60 miles on the vehicles at the factory, when we got the vehicle it went from our drop off lot to the technicians bay for PDI to the front where I took photos, and back to the drop off lot, so we have probably put about 3 of those miles on it"

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
My car just showed up at the dealer yesterday and today my sales person took a bunch of pictures for me as I live about 700 miles away and wanted to make sure that the panels all aligned (they do) and that there weren't any major problems before I hoof it up there to pick up the car. Only there is on thing that is pissing me off; there are almost 26 mlies on the odometer. The salesperson claims that this is how many miles the car showed up with and he specifically told the shop to put no miles on it. This is the most I've ever had on a brand new car from the factory in my 55 years of buying cars and it's really bothering me. The heck knows how it was driven in those 26 miles.....maybe all were at a Ā¼ mile at a time?

What mileage did your car show up with when you went to pick it up?
My dealer already knows now to pdi the car when it arrives and before I view it and to leave everything on in off truck without me even asking they said they always do that.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Mine had 17 on the bill of sale. 18.3 at delivery from where the dealer put gas in it. It only sat for 1 day at the dealer. Pretty sure those miles were from shipping and QC.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
They do from time to time use the test track at FRAP to check QC. I'm not sure if they are suppose to put some kind of documentation for the miles.
Yes, they do.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
My car just showed up at the dealer yesterday and today my sales person took a bunch of pictures for me as I live about 700 miles away and wanted to make sure that the panels all aligned (they do) and that there weren't any major problems before I hoof it up there to pick up the car. Only there is on thing that is pissing me off; there are almost 26 mlies on the odometer. The salesperson claims that this is how many miles the car showed up with and he specifically told the shop to put no miles on it. This is the most I've ever had on a brand new car from the factory in my 55 years of buying cars and it's really bothering me. The heck knows how it was driven in those 26 miles.....maybe all were at a Ā¼ mile at a time?

What mileage did your car show up with when you went to pick it up?
I had 10 miles on mine.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
How did you track it with FordPass? I tried to connect my FordPass to my car in transit, but it wonā€™t let me.

squad0014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
How did you track it with FordPass? I tried to connect my FordPass to my car in transit, but it wonā€™t let me.
You can add the VIN to your Fordpass account when itā€™s sitting somewhere with cell connection. At some point one of their workers will start the car and might press Activate.

it activates the modem, be aware that it will trigger the Ford Streaming trial period and some other stuff

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
You can add the VIN to your Fordpass account when itā€™s sitting somewhere with cell connection. At some point one of their workers will start the car and might press Activate.

it activates the modem, be aware that it will trigger the Ford Streaming trial period and some other stuff
Ok thanks I appreciate the info. I have mine added to FordPass but apparently no one has ever pressed activate.

s3ltz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT
Asked my dealer about the 28 miles on mine from last week (hasn't even been shipped yet), the response was:

" Ford will put on anywhere from 3-60 miles on the vehicles at the factory, when we got the vehicle it went from our drop off lot to the technicians bay for PDI to the front where I took photos, and back to the drop off lot, so we have probably put about 3 of those miles on it"
That doesn't sound right. If my NEW car had more than 15 miles, I would be really uneasy about it, specifically if it was a custom order. I get random test drives with a car on the lot, but for custom orders that is inexcusable.

Sounds like this dealership is letting YouTubers review their vehicles. šŸ˜…

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Mine came with 13 miles on it at pickup.
Sponsored