• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hate to Burst your Bubble.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
See if my 7/31 build week is legit.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
My Mustang has been “in production” since June 15. Just got the famous supply chain email. This launch is turning to the Bronco. The lack of information from Ford and speculation leads to everybody getting there hopes up. Those of you with a july eta I’m sorry but nobody is getting there car until December at this point. I waited 2 years for Ford to deliver on a bronco that never happened. Now they are going to do the same with this.
Counterpoint, the demand for the mustang or any other new sports car is going to be significantly lower than the off the charts levels of demand the bronco has experienced. Plus the mustang doesn't have to compete for priority within it's assembly plant, it's the only model coming from the plant. Whereas Ford has to juggle producing the bronco and ranger out of the same plant.

All Terrain NAtion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Flat Rock had some down time the past few weeks and Ford is committed to fixing quality issues before releasing the Mustangs. I had a 6/15 build date and the car was actually built 6/27 (Still shows in production btw). The Mods are active now and your dealer has access to track it once built.
We have a 7/7 ETA for delivery but it will happen when it does.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
FRAP is scheduled for a shortened shutdown of 1 week.
Ive seen the offical documents somewhere, and I agree, FRAP is closed 1 week in July. Lot's of people are just putting out really bad info.

My guess is there will be customers driving 24s by the end of July.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I am seeing a large amount of people in various forums saying the entire production facility will be closed the entire month of July.
All Automotive OEMs have an annual shutdown at their plants that lasts a week or two for re-tooling.

It's a nothingburger.

The bigger concern, especially for those who aren't scheduled yet, is the looming UAW contract negotiations and a possible strike.

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
Meh , I can wait. It isnt like I dont have a car atm and usually car models come out closer to end of the year anyways.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
Meh. I found my 23 Mach 1 which has everything I wanted in a dark horse anyway (the tremec). If my dark horse doesn’t get built in 24, Im not gonna convert it. Heck I might not even buy it if given the opportunity.

8cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
This sounds like Bronco again. My Bronco took two years to the week, from initial order to delivery. Now I've got over 14k miles on it and I love it, so the wait was worth it. But I'm in the dark on my Dark Horse, still don't have a VIN and it doesn't even show up in my Ford dashboard. My dealer has been good and was 100% up front with the Bronco order, so I'm not worried. But it sure would be nice to see some progress.

Mritz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang ecoboost premium
My Mustang has been “in production” since June 15. Just got the famous supply chain email. This launch is turning to the Bronco. The lack of information from Ford and speculation leads to everybody getting there hopes up. Those of you with a july eta I’m sorry but nobody is getting there car until December at this point. I waited 2 years for Ford to deliver on a bronco that never happened. Now they are going to do the same with this.
The Tracking system has never worked for my Vin. I call once a week to see where my car is in the product status.

Ordered 3/26- Ecoboost Premium convertible with the 201A performance package.

Currently in the Body/Trim department.

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
Per the link below from mustang6, Flat Rock closes tomorrow for 2 weeks.

Flat Rock

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Per the link below from mustang6, Flat Rock closes tomorrow for 2 weeks.

Flat Rock
Someone posted the schedule, some Ford plants are down 2, FRAP showed to be down 1. It's somewhere on this forum. I probably believe that schedule vs what someone said on a forum.

Edit: found it
S650 Mustang Hate to Burst your Bubble. 9A01AF04-1886-4268-BE0C-9EE70BBE9065

Last edited:

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
Someone posted the schedule, some Ford plants are down 2, FRAP showed to be down 1. It's somewhere on this forum. I probably believe that schedule vs what someone said on a forum.

Edit: found it
9A01AF04-1886-4268-BE0C-9EE70BBE9065.png
Typical, they told the guy wanting a tour they were closing for 2 weeks. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sure I know nothing about FRAP internal stuff, but come on, this is nothing like the Bronco. The Bronco had those plastic hard tops that had/have (not sure) big issues. There's nothing like that in the Mustang. The Mustang has mostly minor changes from the previous model and sure there will be some slight delays, but comparing it to the Bronco problems doesn't make any sense to me.

8cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Sure I know nothing about FRAP internal stuff, but come on, this is nothing like the Bronco. The Bronco had those plastic hard tops that had/have (not sure) big issues. There's nothing like that in the Mustang. The Mustang has mostly minor changes from the previous model and sure there will be some slight delays, but comparing it to the Bronco problems doesn't make any sense to me.
I don't know about the manufacturing specifics, but the process is feeling exactly like the Bronco. Initial order, long wait, finally get a VIN, more wait, delays, then in production, then wait, stuck on the factory lot, long delivery times, tracking through the railroad, finally showing local, at the dealer....and THEN get the phone call. Two years to get my Bronco, and I'm really hoping it's less than a year for the Mustang. But you never know.
Sponsored