• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Has anyone concrete news about EUROPE avaiability of S650 ?

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
if you could test the auto start/stop function that would be cool, just curious to see how it works and how reactive it is.

In your video we saw that the side mirrors retracted when the car closed or opened, is that a feature we can control? (in your interior part of the video we see that the button to manually do it is there but I was wondering if the function can be turned on or off in the settings).
@Ace : do you think you could take clips of the different exhaust modes but this time outside so we could compare to the 2018 model you had in your previous video. not super important but a nice to have if you have time. thanks :)
Sponsored

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
@Ace : do you think you could take clips of the different exhaust modes but this time outside so we could compare to the 2018 model you had in your previous video. not super important but a nice to have if you have time. thanks :)
And sound from the interior while you'r driving.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Yeah of course I will record new soundclips when the car is outside, rev a bit higher when the oil in warm and also of course I record my driving from the interior including how it sounds. I just don't have a S550 as a comparison this time and time is quite strict to get everything recorded. I will keep up updated in textform after I drove and then when the video is cut and done :)

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
I've just spoke to the dealer and he said my order hasn't been placed yet. I've signed the contract over 1 month ago. Apparently Ford will process them in March for the new Mustang, so I don't expect to recive the car anytime soon 😞

Btw, is anyone aware of any new noise level regulations in EU? I can't find the article anymore but I'm pretty sure it was saying something about that coming in August. Hope it isn't true as I don't want my Dark Horse to be even more quiet than the already quiet EU mustang.

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
I've just spoke to the dealer and he said my order hasn't been placed yet. I've signed the contract over 1 month ago. Apparently Ford will process them in March for the new Mustang, so I don't expect to recive the car anytime soon 😞

Btw, is anyone aware of any new noise level regulations in EU? I can't find the article anymore but I'm pretty sure it was saying something about that coming in August. Hope it isn't true as I don't want my Dark Horse to be even more quiet than the already quiet EU mustang.
Did you have a VIN number? A car in transit? Or simply you did the order. Are you in Italy or Spain?

Dealer called me 3 days ago and said they had found a model like my order in transit (DH ember blue manual) sending me a screenshot with VIN number, Orbit number (I don't know what is it), dealer order number...

Stegefal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered, not arrived yet
Did you have a VIN number? A car in transit? Or simply you did the order. Are you in Italy or Spain?

Dealer called me 3 days ago and said they had found a model like my order in transit (DH ember blue manual) sending me a screenshot with VIN number, Orbit number (I don't know what is it), dealer order number...
I have placed my order in UK, but have no further Info at this point

I suspect the RHD cars will be abit later due to re-tooling the line.

I'm leaning towards September delivery, my order went in on 1st February.

Zbychersky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DH MT6 + Recaro
The dealer called me today, unfortunately I would have to wait maybe until the end of the year for my DH + MT + Grabber Blue + Recaro order. I chose the white colour from the available cars. The Mustang is already in transit to Europe. If everything goes smoothly, it will be in Poland in 1.5 months.

Stegefal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered, not arrived yet
The dealer called me today, unfortunately I would have to wait maybe until the end of the year for my DH + MT + Grabber Blue + Recaro order. I chose the white colour from the available cars. The Mustang is already in transit to Europe. If everything goes smoothly, it will be in Poland in 1.5 months.
That sounds about right, they'd have had to make fewer changes to make the Euro compliant cars in LHD.

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost

I've configured the car,paid a deposit and signed some papers one month ago. Today,they told me that Ford hasn't processed any S650 order yet and that it will be done within the end of month. It's gonna be a loooong wait for me🤣
I'm in Italy by the way

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
I've configured the car,paid a deposit and signed some papers one month ago. Today,they told me that Ford hasn't processed any S650 order yet and that it will be done within the end of month. It's gonna be a loooong wait for me🤣
I'm in Italy by the way
You could choose one in transit.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Most regulations in Europe are bound to the homologation date. I haven't heard of any upcoming new noise restrictions, but even if that would happen that only would affect a future facelift that needs a new homologation

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Most regulations in Europe are bound to the homologation date. I haven't heard of any upcoming new noise restrictions, but even if that would happen that only would affect a future facelift that needs a new homologation
Next step is EU noise regs (EU 540/2014) is to drop the 70db limit to 68db.
for type approvals after 1st July 2024 (wont effect mustangs they've already been type approved i'd hope!) and new registrations by 1st July 2026.

My current car is rated at 70 even though it only needed to be rated at 72 for it's type approval and you can barely hear the thing.
There was a video posted of a car at a german dealer testing the exhaust modes. With the quiet mode being very quiet.
I suspect Ford will have to set quiet mode as 'default' to comply with regulations.

Like PC's of old where the 'turbo' mode was actually normal speed, 'Sport' mode of most cars is actually normal mode and the default 'normal' mode is actually an economy mode in order to get the best homologation rating.

edit - Timestamp link to video and well this is where our 50bhp has gone to ...

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Yes I did drive it on saturday for about an hour, tested all modes, and recorded everything. Was travelling the last few days to bring my C8 to a tuner, so will have to work a few evenings on the video before it can go live.

I will write up the most important stuff in english for you when my video is done. As a little spoiler I was overall positively surprised, but one small thing was so annoying as hell (maybe even a dealbreaker to me) that I hope it can be fixed by the aftermarket somehow
Sponsored