• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Handling Pack-Mistake

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Dark Horse Mustang, 2024 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab
After buying my Dark Horse Premium, without the Handling Pack, I have realized the stock rides heights are certainly difference between Non Handling Pack and Handing Pack Dark Horses. I'm not taking about ground clearances. The Handling Pack truely sets the Dark Horse lower, which is evident in the wheel set-ups.
I had no real functional use for the handling pack, but would have liked a little lower car. I dropped the ball by not doing more homework on this up front.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
That's what lowering springs are for. Far less expensive than the HP if all you want is a slightly lower stance but will not be tracking the vehicle. I have absolutely zero plans to track my DH non-HP, but may certainly install lowering springs.

onaccountof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
- 2024 Dark Horse -
I just ordered the Steeda dual rate springs for my non HP DH. Would the HP have been optimal(?), maybe, but IMO, a few installed mods will get a non HP close.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
That's what lowering springs are for. Far less expensive than the HP if all you want is a slightly lower stance but will not be tracking the vehicle. I have absolutely zero plans to track my DH non-HP, but may certainly install lowering springs.
Spend the extra nickel and get made to order springs and dampers that match, i.e. JRi adjustable dampers and Eibach springs. :wink:

OP
OP
topdawg4ever

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m interested. Any further details?
Spend the extra nickel and get made to order springs and dampers that match, i.e. JRi adjustable dampers and Eibach springs. :wink:

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I wouldn't. You paid for the Dark Horse Magneride dampers and they're good. If what you want is to get the exact ride height the DH HP has, get the DH HP springs installed and you're done! If having 100% Ford parts is not essential to you, I'd get the Steeda Springs for Magneride suspension. On the Steeda site it tells you by how much it will lower your DH so you can take out your tape measure and have a pretty good idea what it will look like before you pull the trigger. Other brands also have good Magneride springs. Ford M-5300W is one option, Roush has the option that lowers Magneride cars the most. Steeda and BMR also make good stuff. CJ Pony, LMR or American Muscle usually have most brands including Ford so you can compare.

Saburak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2021 SOLD, DH BLK BVA RECARO Ordered 😴
It would be interesting to know the reference for the DH HP spring. 🧐

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It would be interesting to know the reference for the DH HP spring. 🧐
You and me both. I gave up and bought the Steeda ones. But I came close to getting the GT-350R springs.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Contact them. discuss your wants/needs. They'll go thru a list of questions about the car and what you want out of it. Afterwards, they'll discuss options with you and costs. Warning, they're not cheap, but my belief is you get what you pay for. Other brands as JAL mentioned, Roush, Steeda, are good products, I ran them too, but when it came to suspension parts and for what the car was being used for, I wanted the best I could afford. If all you want is lowering for the aesthetics, then JRi may not be for you. Eibach makes some good reputable lowering springs, but keep in mind, whatever direction you go, there will need to be other upgrades to the suspension to balance out the car just right.
https://jrishocks.com/

Saburak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2021 SOLD, DH BLK BVA RECARO Ordered 😴
You and me both. I gave up and bought the Steeda ones. But I came close to getting the GT-350R springs.
I have the Steeda MagneRide for the 2021 GT, they're perfect, but they exclude a portion of the Ford warranty.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Another vote for Steeda … unless you are getting the carbon fiber wheels … aftermarket wheels and springs is not a bad way to go

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Replace springs and dampers on a Magneride equipped car? Nope!

OP
OP
topdawg4ever

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Performance Pack Level II
I wouldn't. You paid for the Dark Horse Magneride dampers and they're good. If what you want is to get the exact ride height the DH HP has, get the DH HP springs installed and you're done! If having 100% Ford parts is not essential to you, I'd get the Steeda Springs for Magneride suspension. On the Steeda site it tells you by how much it will lower your DH so you can take out your tape measure and have a pretty good idea what it will look like before you pull the trigger. Other brands also have good Magneride springs. Ford M-5300W is one option, Roush has the option that lowers Magneride cars the most. Steeda and BMR also make good stuff. CJ Pony, LMR or American Muscle usually have most brands including Ford so you can compare.
Just to be clear the Handling Package cars lower ride height is mostly based on shorter tires. Just like the Mach1 HP and GT PP2.

OP
OP
topdawg4ever

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can’t be, otherwise the wheel well gap would be horrific.
Just to be clear the Handling Package cars lower ride height is mostly based on shorter tires. Just like the Mach1 HP and GT PP2.
Sponsored