• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT vs Dark Horse

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Love me some Marzen.
Sponsored

10basscat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
GT..

My only regret, not getting the performance pack.
I put almost 10k miles on my ‘24 GT (automatic without PP, I just traded into a GT (manual with PP). It is a better car in every single way! I cannot believe how much more fun it is to drive and how much better it handles. It feels like a completely different car. Even my wife asked me why didn’t I get this one to begin with…🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️. Live and learn.

Last edited:
OP
OP

faser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac
I put almost 10k miles on my ‘24 GT (automatic without PP, I just traded into a GT (manual with PP). It is a better car in every single way! I cannot believe how much more fun it is to drive and how much better it handles. It feels like a completely different car. Even my wife asked me why didn’t I get this one to begin with…🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️. Live and learn.
This is nice to hear. Hope you have a great time with your new manual, PP, GT. Good play. :thumbsup:

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
That must be nice to be able to trade in a relatively new car for a newer one. Was your credit affected at all?

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Paulaner and Tucher beers, Rheinhessen wines....

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
That must be nice to be able to trade in a relatively new car for a newer one. Was your credit affected at all?
Why do you think trading cars would impact credit?

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
Why do you think trading cars would impact credit?
I just thought if you finance a vehicle and owe more than you've paid off, it'd be a bad idea to trade in for a newer vehicle since you'd just be racking up debt and thus tank credit. That's my (severely limited) understanding of it anyway. Admittedly I have zero idea as to how all of that works.

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
Interesting indeed about the gearing. Didn't know that the Tremec had deeper gears than Getrag MT82D4, and if 4:10s are needed to equal the Tremec then it has about a 10% advantage over the Getrag.
10% you can feel for sure.
My 2018 GT had 4.09’s. One of the reasons I traded it for a Mach (which is basically a DH) is because the stock Mach gearing felt the same as my GT.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
What put me off the DH and decided to go with Challenger WB instead were really 2 things...I could have lived with the goth eyeshadow or Ninja Turtle mask however you want to call it as I think the regular GT looks cleaner/sharper.I wanted the Tremec so the GT was out but what put me off was the fact that the Coyote felt gutless as in lack of Torque
Which is a great example of comparison and perspective. The #1 reason I bought the Mach over a GT350 was because the Mach had so much more low end torque 😂

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I did a lot of laps on the ‘Ring years ago but that was on 2 wheels…My favorite mc brand is still BMW and beer Weihenstephaner 😄👍
Yeah the Nürburgring is infamous as the " green hell". Demanding and dangerous at the same time. BMW, you don't make a mistake with that, even though lately their exterior design (especially front) is really questionsable.

Fun fact: Weihenstephaner is actually the world's oldest brewery :)

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Yeah the Nürburgring is infamous as the " green hell". Demanding and dangerous at the same time. BMW, you don't make a mistake with that, even though lately their exterior design (especially front) is really questionsable.

Fun fact: Weihenstephaner is actually the world's oldest brewery :)
I was talking about BMW mototcycles…Love the S1000XR and R1250GS 👍 And yes as others already mentioned Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen Dunkel or Kristallweizen are the best beers 🍻👍

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2 or M3/4 I actually like too even their “unique” design…Nothing wrong with their potent Bi-turbo inline sixes that are also silky smooth and easily make reliable 700 hp with stock components…Just wished the would go back to the V8 like in the 08-13 M3 because of the sound…Have fun on the ‘Ring ! I miss it for sure…Dangerous & challenging but oh so much fun the 13 or so miles of the gruene Hoelle 😈

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which is a great example of comparison and perspective. The #1 reason I bought the Mach over a GT350 was because the Mach had so much more low end torque 😂
I hear you as the Coyote feels much more torquey than the Vodoo up to 4000 rpm and above they feel about the same and the Coyote does not vibrate and sounds much better…But compared to a LT1 or more so 392 Hemi the Torque that makes a V8 so much fun is simply not there…That is why I think after over 30 years since the Modular 4.6 Ford should invest in some new tooling that would allow for more than 93mm bore and give the Coyote 5.8 Liters…Or maybe the destroked 6.8 L Godzilla with aluminum block 👍

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love me some Marzen.
Paulaner Oktoberfest Maerzen is almost as good as Weihenstephaner Kristallweizen or Vitus but Franziskaner (hard to get in the US lately at least here in Commifornia) beats them all 😄👍🍻

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Paulaner Oktoberfest Maerzen is almost as good as Weihenstephaner Kristallweizen or Vitus but Franziskaner (hard to get in the US lately at least here in Commifornia) beats them all 😄👍🍻
Not the Märzen, but I do have some Paulaner in the bar fridge.

We try to keep a good variety on hand for guests.

S650 Mustang GT vs Dark Horse Screenshot_20240525_091658_Gallery
Sponsored