• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Track Mode Throttle Response Sluggish

Rush hour 89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
When the car is in sport the throttle response is much faster and it’s noticeable. I switched to track and the throttle response was horrible delayed felt like normal maybe worse.

Car is a manual 1300 miles anyone else have this?
Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
The throttle is designed to be more linear in track mode. Not super responsive in the first part of the throttle like sport.

728Autos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Yeah. Im not a fan. It feels like someone gave the car sleeping pills.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
The throttle is designed to be more linear in track mode. Not super responsive in the first part of the throttle like sport.
So essentially like an old school cable operated throttle body?

garagely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dark horse
Linear throttle response is helpful on track to minimize wheelspin out of corner exit for example, when you’re on edge of grip and a small throttle input won’t overwhelm the tires, whereas in “normal’ mode the throttle response is less linear it would be more easy to ruin the corner exit and overwhelm the tires’ grip by applying too much throttle. To oversimplify it , track mode throttle response is more akin to a light switch dimmer where you can be more precise in how light/ dark a bulb is , as compared to normal and sport modes which are more like an on/off switch.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
Captain Obvious here, but why not just hit the throttle a little harder?

Works for me.

OP
OP

Rush hour 89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
Captain Obvious here, but why not just hit the throttle a little harder?

Works for me.
I do on my 18 auto track mode peddle responsiveness was fast like sport on the 24 sport is responsive but track mode feels horrible

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
I do on my 18 auto track mode peddle responsiveness was fast like sport on the 24 sport is responsive but track mode feels horrible
Does the car feel like it’s giving you all it has when you open the throttle in track mode or does it still feel sluggish?

DSimon24GTPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack + Active
Mine does this too. It comes alive up top tho in Track. I think track is more for higher RPM ranges. You won’t enjoy it around town. That’s what Sport mode is for. Sport mode is amazing. Track may be good for drag racing also tho, where traction is an issue.. what it lacks at low RPM, it makes up for up top.

Loucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
Same here. That's why I never drive on Track mode unless I'm testing the suspension. Sport+ pedal input is much more noticeable.
Sponsored