• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Ride Quality Variations

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
i read a bunch of cry babies not waiting to spend an extra 2.9% on the performance suspension to go with the performance pack on their performance car..... I mean if ya'll don't want performance, maybe go buy a non-performance car lol.
Or maybe for $6.2k I can get way more performance out of picking my own parts instead of the doodoo Ford provides. Inclusion of the Performance pack has absolutely nothing to do with the Mustang being a performance car.
Also it's y'all
Sponsored

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
At the end of the day it’s 2023, the technology and engineering in these machines is leaps an bounds better than it was 10 years ago let alone 20 years go. I doubt any GT will have a ride that anyone is truly unhappy with.
It's the truth. The cheapest configuration of the S650 will ride leagues better than my 1965 Mustang ever could. It will ride better than all the cars we had in high school, and all the cars we thought were cool in high school. And while it's not going to beat out the likes of a Bentley Continental GT, I'm also not paying Bentley Continental GT money. Maybe there are other cars in the $50k price range that will ride more comfortably, but do those cars also have nearly 500hp out of a NA V8, paired with a 6 speed, and the sweet sweet styling of the Mustang?

I'm going to have a comfortable ride in this car as a non PP non Magneride GT Premium, and I am sure I will be pleased with it.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
i read a bunch of cry babies not waiting to spend an extra 2.9% on the performance suspension to go with the performance pack on their performance car..... I mean if ya'll don't want performance, maybe go buy a non-performance car lol.
strange hill to die on here

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Personally, I think it’s perfect for a performance car that you also want to ride smoothly. But, more failure points, and you may replace it if you strictly track.
I've read that it has fewer parts and is actually less prone to maintenance issues. I'm also looking forward to it.

Supposedly, it rides better in comfort mode than a non-MR Mustang, and clearly stiffer in track mode. But it's the ability to adjust very quickly to changes in the pavement and driver behavior (launches, braking and cornering) that makes it better all around.

If you can afford it, I think it's well worth the cost. If you're questioning the cost, I think there are many people, including me, who would say the car is tons of fun without it.

RBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT Premium, 6 spd
I had magride on my v8 R8. Not all that impressive. After a while they started to leak and replacement cost was more than an full set of KW adjustable cpilovers. I went for th coilovers and it was far better.

Didn't order magride on this s650.
Might do coilovers again.

As for the Pp, it says heavy duty front springs.
Does thats mean all shock are the same as well as the rear springs?

RBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT Premium, 6 spd
If its only front springs and a K brace, is that really all that much?

The rear tires are only slightly wider at 275.

On paper, difference doesn't seem all that substantial on the PP.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
Here’s my take on the whole suspension dilemma most of us face. For perspective, I have owned a 16 GT350, 18 GT PP1, 20 Bullitt w/Magneride and a 22 Mach 1 Magneride.

If you are just using the GT as a daily driver/weekend fun car, the base suspension is quite capable to handle the curvy roads and blasts down the on-ramps. I say add some Steeda IRS braces and you are good to go.

Magneride or PP is really for the guys & gals who do auto cross, track days or drag strip. I personally never felt the Magneride was all that effective or noticeable on the street. I would rather spend the money on aftermarket shocks and springs for way less than $1,750 to sharpen the ride.

Just my .02

Last edited:

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
I also got the PP without magneride. Maybe I’m just not refined enough to notice, but I felt zero difference between magneride modes on the street when testing. I decided not to pay for more complexity that I couldn’t feel.

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
I was satisfied enough with the ride quality of the S550 GT non-magneride that I ordered my S650 without it. GT Premium, no Magneride, non PP. I'm sure the car will ride just fine as-is and I'm sure I'll be happy with it.
Was your s550 also a Premium pack or base? Do you now have the s650? How is the ride quality without MR?

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Even if ride quality isn't noticable performance and handling is. I opted for MR because I wanted to corner like an angry roller coaster. Worth the $20 a month or whatever it comes out to to have that capability IMHO.

Last edited:

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Even if ride quality isn't noticable performance and handling is. I opted for MR because I wanted to corner like an angry router coaster. Worth the $20 a month or whatever it comes out to to have that capability IMHO.
I unquestionably feel the ride quality either way, even more after putting wider tires on. But👆 this is right. With MR, cornering is amazing.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
I own a 2016 PP1. Compared to the standard suspension PP1 drives like crap. It's noticeably harder but it does not in the least bit add any improved cornering or grip. I ended up replacing the PP1 with KW V3 coilovers. These are a big improvement in making the car feel more controlled. But also even more stiff obviously. On short drives(< 1 hour) that is bearable but I don't like to take the car out on long drives tbh.

On my 2020 Bullitt have Magneride and I absolutely love it. Smooth and comfortable in normal mode and noticeably stiffer in sport mode, all at the flick of a switch. And best of all no lowering involved.

That being said over here (Europe) all Mustang come with PP1 as standard, so the extra prince for Magneride is a no brainer. If I lived in the USA I would seriously consider skipping both PP1 and Magneride and get a standard suspension GT with optional Brembos. PP1 is a waste of money imo and having to pay even more to repair the harshness of the PP1 ride makes no sense. The standard suspension is just fine.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
SPEED COSTS MORE.
HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO!

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
This will most likely be my last new car. As you can see by the build in my signature, I went whole hog on the performance addons.
When I get my GT, I'll have to do some test drives with the various settings to see if I notice any differences.
I am in uncharted territory here.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
So for those who might have a good guess based on the S550 variants, how would one compare:

1. Base GT ride
to
2. GT with performance pack
to
3. GT with performance pack and magneride (normal mode)

At least one reviewer suggests getting the GT with the performance pack but w/o magneride (Alex on autos). I'm assuming the GT with PP (but no magneride) would ride stiffer than a regular GT. Perhaps wrongly, I'd assume the GT PP with magneride in normal mode would be about like a base GT?

What is the persuasive arguement to get the PP but skip the magneride and save $?

Thoughts?
You want something cheaper.
Sponsored