• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Ride Quality Variations

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Camaro ZL1 (prev. 2019 Mustang GT; 2025?)
So for those who might have a good guess based on the S550 variants, how would one compare:

1. Base GT ride
to
2. GT with performance pack
to
3. GT with performance pack and magneride (normal mode)

At least one reviewer suggests getting the GT with the performance pack but w/o magneride (Alex on autos). I'm assuming the GT with PP (but no magneride) would ride stiffer than a regular GT. Perhaps wrongly, I'd assume the GT PP with magneride in normal mode would be about like a base GT?

What is the persuasive arguement to get the PP but skip the magneride and save $?

Thoughts?
Sponsored

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The fact that you can only get magneride with the GT Premium ruled it out for me and seems to suggest it's not a performance necessity.

I'd say only someone who has owned both versions can give a valid opinion on magneride, but the GT PP suspension is definitely stiffer than the base car

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
Magneride let’s you have a smooth ride when you want it or stiff ride when you need it, at least that’s the idea.

It was standard on the previous gen GT350. I had it on my S550 GT PP when they added it as an option in the refresh. I had something similar on my Camaro.

Personally, I think it’s perfect for a performance car that you also want to ride smoothly. But, more failure points, and you may replace it if you strictly track.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I have not had the chance to own a mustang with the Magneride option yet. But I did look into it before I purchased it with my new GT. The ability of the car to automatically adjust the shocks thousands of times per second depending on the driving conditions just seemed with it to me. I will not be racing my car. It will be a daily driver (all 10 miles per day). It also keeps the car more level while turning at speed and reduces body roll. I’m very excited to be able to try it out as it was the only option not on my 2019.

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT ordered
I test drove a base S550 GT and felt it was vague and sloppy. I then purchased a 2017 GT PP and felt it was perfect. I proceeded to lower the car on Ford Performance springs and that made it even more perfect (?) if that’s a thing.
After a brief stint with a Subaru STI and a Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Widebody I went back to a Mustang and purchased a 2020 GT PP2 with Magneride. The suspension quality on that vehicle was amazing, even with the 305/315 tires. I did replace the Cup 2’s with PS4s in Mach 1 sizing shortly after taking delivery.

That being said, budgetary constraints had me order a base GT PP this year.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
I was satisfied enough with the ride quality of the S550 GT non-magneride that I ordered my S650 without it. GT Premium, no Magneride, non PP. I'm sure the car will ride just fine as-is and I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I was satisfied enough with the ride quality of the S550 GT non-magneride that I ordered my S650 without it. GT Premium, no Magneride, non PP. I'm sure the car will ride just fine as-is and I'm sure I'll be happy with it.
At the end of the day it’s 2023, the technology and engineering in these machines is leaps an bounds better than it was 10 years ago let alone 20 years go. I doubt any GT will have a ride that anyone is truly unhappy with.

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
ya'll really out here arguing about an option thats like 2% of the purchase price of the car... If the cost of the option is really that big of a deal, maybe you shouldn't be buying the car in the first place..

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
ya'll really out here arguing about an option thats like 2% of the purchase price of the car... If the cost of the option is really that big of a deal, maybe you shouldn't be buying the car in the first place..
Some have a limited budget. Just by going Magneride you are adding $6,745 to the price of the GT - that's a lot more than 2% - closer to 15%.

Maybe check your math before you post?

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Some have a limited budget. Just by going Magneride you are adding $6,745 to the price of the GT - that's a lot more than 2% - closer to 15%.

Maybe check your math before you post?
ok, I was slightly off. 2.9% of the purchase price. Not sure where you're getting $6,745 from... Below is the price directly from ford on the website builder

S650 Mustang GT Ride Quality Variations 1690813932746

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what's your point? its still a 1750 dollar option
My point is that you are missing the point. Go back and re-read the first post, then read your reply, then read mine. It will all make sense. 🤦‍♂️ Buuuuuut, if it still doesn't, come back and I will explain it to you.

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
My point is that you are missing the point. Go back and re-read the first post, then read your reply, then read mine. It will all make sense. 🤦‍♂️ Buuuuuut, if it still doesn't, come back and I will explain it to you.
i read a bunch of cry babies not waiting to spend an extra 2.9% on the performance suspension to go with the performance pack on their performance car..... I mean if ya'll don't want performance, maybe go buy a non-performance car lol.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i read a bunch of cry babies not waiting to spend an extra 2.9% on the performance suspension to go with the performance pack on their performance car..... I mean if ya'll don't want performance, maybe go buy a non-performance car lol.
No, you read someone asking about suspension difference between the base GT, a GT with PP and a GT with PP Magneride AND if those differences were enough to warrant the price for the Magride.

You read way more into it to make yourself look like a tough guy. Didn't work.
Sponsored