• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How’s the ride quality with performance pack without magnaride?

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Compared to the base? I had. 2019 Gt without performance pack and I loved the ride for the daily commute.

Is the performance pack without magnaride much different? How much of a change is the ride quality? Thanks
Sponsored

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Compared to the base? I had. 2019 Gt without performance pack and I loved the ride for the daily commute.

Is the performance pack without magnaride much different? How much of a change is the ride quality? Thanks
I did not have magnaride on my 2018 I do have it on my 2024, I notice a difference and if I had to order another one I would get the Magnaride, they are still both fun to drive however.

SM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premiuim. 2023 Ford Expolorer ST
I had a 2021 without magneride. Then traded for a 2024 without. Had some issues with it, which ended up with the dealership swapping out cars essentially. The new new one has magneride and I will never own without it . It’s a pretty significant difference.

mmerholz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I had a 2022 GT without Magnaride, then upgraded to a 2023 Mach 1 with Magnaride. The GT rode like brick through broken up pavement, but I didn't mind the feeling. Both cars are used as daily drivers. The magnaride is definitely a smoother ride, especially if you are a 'seasoned' citizen.

Naudica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I got without, though Are there aftermarket mangaride systems?

V8Platty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2020 F-150 V8
If you have plans to do a full suspension upgrade either for enhanced performance on the street or for dedicated racing use or to lower the car for looks, don't get PP or Magneride since you will be replacing most of it to meet your (hopefully well defined) needs.

If you will be keeping the car stock or will only add suspension upgrades that assist the stock suspension in doing a better job AND you are getting the PP, then definitely get the Magneride. That one upgrade alone takes the Mustang platform to a substantially improved level that the handling packages alone can't provide.

I've had GT Mustangs since '85, most with lightly modified suspensions. My '95 SVT Cobra had a full Steeda suspension and was a legitimate 1g car. All performed well for their time period, but they were all still subject to the unexpected wheel hop if provoked by a suitable road irregularity. The introduction of IRS helped a bit with this.

I had the opportunity to live with a loaded 2017 EcoBoost Premium w/performance package for a month. I was pretty impressed with that generation's improvements, but got quickly bored with the smaller engine and the auto transmission. Without the Magneride I was still losing stability in known places around my area.

The 2018 refresh arrived and I picked up one of the first 2018 GT Premiums, fully loaded, manual, PP1, and Magneride. During the test drive I was completely amazed. I drove over every road surface in the area that had upset any previous Mustang, regardless of upgrades, and the 2018 just drove over it like it wasn't there. Wow - Better handling while also being smoother. And that sold me on Magneride. It also outperformed the handling of my non M-car performance BMWs.

My 2021 Mach 1 has the handling package and Magneride. The Mach 1 it is a bit harsher than the GT because it has been tuned that way, but the result is a car that can go toe to toe with other cars in the top tier sports car segment. My only real gripe was the IRS cradle movement under hard acceleration, especially when transitioning into a curve, but that was remedied with a few Steeda parts. Much of this applies to the GT as well.

My 2 cents - get the PP or HP and the Magneride so you can experience the very best this car can provide right from the factory.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
PP (non-MR) dampers are a joke. Don't waste your money.
Buy Bilstein B6 or Ford Performance 'track' shocks. These are damped correctly.

It is unclear if/any improvement Ford made with the mag-ride for S650. In S550 the dampers are sad and benefit massively by replacing them with the SKU used for the GT500/Mach1.

I would investigate the damper SKU (esp the fronts) between a GT/PP1+MR vs DarkHorse. If they differ, then toss the GT ones and get the DH SKU.

Life is too short to ride around on bad (aka Ford factory) suspension.
Sponsored