• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Found damage :(

OP
OP
Scarbay

Scarbay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Thank you everyone for your advice. I do think the seat belt theory is plausible. I did go and check the buckle just now and it looks undamaged so I’m not sure.

Unfortunately when I went to pick up the car after service it was raining heavily and closing time at the dealership. They handed me the keys and I just ran to get in the car and go home. I work from home and do not drive the car much so that’s why I didn’t notice until the other day when I was sitting with the door open.

I don’t know if the dent itself can be fixed given where it’s located, but hopefully once the paint is repaired it’ll be less noticeable. What a bummer 😞
Sponsored

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Looks like a metal spiral protected hose of some sort made this

IMG_0973.jpeg
IMG_0974.jpeg
Looks pretty close to that hose! But unsure if that’s it! Who knows?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
I’m so upset… yesterday I happened to be sitting sideways in my car with the door open and when I looked down I noticed a dent with paint missing on the bottom of the drivers side door jamb.
IMG_6184.jpeg
IMG_6185.jpeg

I’ve barely had the car a month, it’s garage kept and only has 1,300 miles on it.

The only other place it’s been since I bought it was the dealership 2 weeks ago when I dropped it off for them to fix bubbling tint and a piece of trim above the steering wheel column that wasn’t flush (which it still isn’t, but that’s another issue).

I guess my two questions are: can this even be fixed? And what do you think could have caused this kind of damage? I feel like the dealership did it but I don’t really have a way to prove that. I just don’t see any other way this could have happened.
Does the door have damage on it? Like something was between the door and the jamb when the door was closed and dented both. I’ve seen seatbelts cause damage like that but yours has individual lines going through the dent, can’t imagine what would leave that impression on the jamb.

OP
OP
Scarbay

Scarbay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Does the door have damage on it? Like something was between the door and the jamb when the door was closed and dented both. I’ve seen seatbelts cause damage like that but yours has individual lines going through the dent, can’t imagine what would leave that impression on the jamb.
I just looked and thankfully the door itself has zero damage, it looks like the part of the door that would have hit is the rubber seal so there’s some good news at least.

I just got a voicemail from the service manager at my dealership, he said he’s going to have the body shop reach out to me to schedule a time to bring it in and “get it taken care of”. I guess we’ll see who’s gonna end up paying lol

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
I just looked and thankfully the door itself has zero damage, it looks like the part of the door that would have hit is the rubber seal so there’s some good news at least.

I just got a voicemail from the service manager at my dealership, he said he’s going to have the body shop reach out to me to schedule a time to bring it in and “get it taken care of”. I guess we’ll see who’s gonna end up paying lol
prepare for overspray

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
I’m so upset… yesterday I happened to be sitting sideways in my car with the door open and when I looked down I noticed a dent with paint missing on the bottom of the drivers side door jamb.
IMG_6184.jpeg
IMG_6185.jpeg

I’ve barely had the car a month, it’s garage kept and only has 1,300 miles on it.

The only other place it’s been since I bought it was the dealership 2 weeks ago when I dropped it off for them to fix bubbling tint and a piece of trim above the steering wheel column that wasn’t flush (which it still isn’t, but that’s another issue).

I guess my two questions are: can this even be fixed? And what do you think could have caused this kind of damage? I feel like the dealership did it but I don’t really have a way to prove that. I just don’t see any other way this could have happened.
I would be really upset too. It looks after blowing the pics up that it was hit with a ball pein hammer.

CJ9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
IMG_6184.jpeg
IMG_6185.jpeg

Not sure but every time I go to the dealership my car leaves with scratches, dirty seats, and dirt marks all over the door. Half the time if I have repair work needed they can’t figure it out then I bring the car home and fix it myself. Not sure what training these dealerships are doing, if at all. Management/leadership should be more involved.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c

Good luck man! Hope they t
I would be really upset too. It looks after blowing the pics up that it was hit with a ball pein hammer.
that hammer wouldn’t leave those distinct vertical indentations in it, it’d be a smooth dent.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
IMG_6184.jpeg
IMG_6185.jpeg

Good morning! If you would like assistance with your paint concerns, please send us a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info.

Drewmandoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang DH
I just noticed a very small dent in the passenger kick plate/doorjam area, a bit lower than the strike plate, after closing the door and it hit the belt buckle. Definitely after seeing this thread, and happening to us tonight, very likely it was the belt buckle. thankfully, our paint is fine, just a very small dent

OP
OP
Scarbay

Scarbay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
S650 Mustang Found damage :( IMG_6247

Great update on this: my dealer fixed the damage for free no questions asked. Super happy everything worked out
Sponsored