• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Found damage :(

Scarbay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I’m so upset… yesterday I happened to be sitting sideways in my car with the door open and when I looked down I noticed a dent with paint missing on the bottom of the drivers side door jamb.
S650 Mustang Found damage :( IMG_6184
S650 Mustang Found damage :( IMG_6185

I’ve barely had the car a month, it’s garage kept and only has 1,300 miles on it.

The only other place it’s been since I bought it was the dealership 2 weeks ago when I dropped it off for them to fix bubbling tint and a piece of trim above the steering wheel column that wasn’t flush (which it still isn’t, but that’s another issue).

I guess my two questions are: can this even be fixed? And what do you think could have caused this kind of damage? I feel like the dealership did it but I don’t really have a way to prove that. I just don’t see any other way this could have happened.
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I’m so upset… yesterday I happened to be sitting sideways in my car with the door open and when I looked down I noticed a dent with paint missing on the bottom of the drivers side door jamb.
IMG_6184.jpeg
IMG_6185.jpeg

I’ve barely had the car a month, it’s garage kept and only has 1,300 miles on it.

The only other place it’s been since I bought it was the dealership 2 weeks ago when I dropped it off for them to fix bubbling tint and a piece of trim above the steering wheel column that wasn’t flush (which it still isn’t, but that’s another issue).

I guess my two questions are: can this even be fixed? And what do you think could have caused this kind of damage? I feel like the dealership did it but I don’t really have a way to prove that. I just don’t see any other way this could have happened.
Spending almost $60K for a "New" car, I'd be pissed. But that's just me.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
No, it’s not just you.

I can’t imagine what could have done it but it had to be one heck of a lick. That’s not just sheet metal.

OP
OP
Scarbay

Scarbay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yeah I’m definitely getting there the more I think about it. This is my dream car and I’ve been babying it the entire time and to find this was just incredibly upsetting.

No, it’s not just you.

I can’t imagine what could have done it but it had to be one heck of a lick. That’s not just sheet metal.
That’s what I’m saying! I’m sitting here trying to figure out wth happened to cause this and I’m kicking myself for not noticing sooner, but it’s in a spot you normally don’t really look at getting into and out of the car. I only happened to notice because I was sitting in it with the door open and legs out.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Looks like the seat belt buckle got caught in between the door, sometimes when getting out the strap gets tangled and doesn't bring the buckle all the way up and gets out and closed the door without looking at the seat belt is properly unslacked up! Not sure from the picture where this happened unless you back up and have picture taken?

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Looks like the seat belt buckle got caught in between the door, sometimes when getting out the strap gets tangled and doesn't bring the buckle all the way up and gets out and closed the door without looking at the seat belt is properly unslacked up! Not sure from the picture where this happened unless you back up and have picture taken?
I second this

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
assuming you didn't do that unknowingly/accidentally, unfortunately, you have had the vehicle long enough where the dealer is probably out of time to claim it as transport damage, assuming they believe you that you didn't do it at all. if you had it for a few days or a week, they would be more likely to believe it, and the transport company would be responsible for paying for the damage. they would then either bill the next in the chain if it was known damage, or bill the transport driver if it was not found during check-in at the yard the driver picked it up from.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
just my opinion....but no way that wasn't noticed when you opened the door to get in when you picked it up. I agree with the belt buckle scenario although even that would be tough to have not noticed doing it at the time it happened.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Something hard laying across that area (seatbelt, a tool) with the door then closed. Something wide enough to not only compress the door seal, but crush the jam. And the door closed with force. An item could fall across the area and damage it, but I'd think it leave a scratch or chip versus a dent.

Another member made a good point any time he drops his car of for service: photograph or film the car, all-around, in front of the Service Advisor. Have them then perform a visual inspection to confirm, and document, any blemishes or damage before giving them the keys. Before leaving, fully-inspect the car again.

If picking up a new car, go with a friend or family member. On break from the sales person (so as not to be distracted in conversation), both of you inspect the car, take a break, then inspect again. Maybe each of you take different halves of the car, swap sides then compare notes.

Last edited:

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 401a, Auto, AE, Atlas Blue
Any blue paint on the seatbelt buckle? Look with a bright light and magnifying glass.
From the pictures, this might be a job for a PDR person. If no satisfaction from dealer, I would look into PDR.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Find the matching ‘wrinkles’ and you will have found the source.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Find the matching ‘wrinkles’ and you will have found the source.
I agree with it as “wrinkles” of 4 or 5 identified when blowing the picture up and see it! Maybe that would help identify whether prints are like that on the buckle itself or not!

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
OP that looks like the seat belt clip got smooshed in between the metal when the door was closed on it. I've seen similar dents caused by that but yours is pretty bad. Have never seen the paint chip off.

I would absolutely get that repaired.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
Guys I’m not sure I’m feeling the love on this theory. First of all, if you did get the buckle caught between the jamb and the door there’d be no way you wouldn’t notice it when you slammed the door. The door wouldn’t even shut, it would bounce back open. Plus, who slams a door that hard anyway? And you’d see damage on the door before you’d see it on the jamb/rocker because the door is lighter sheet metal than the jamb. I don’t claim to be an expert or an engineer but that jamb would seem to come close to being structural in nature.

Having said that, I can’t begin to imagine what did cause it.