• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
...or drivetrain packaging. A mild hybrid system similar to the F150 powerboost where it's basically within the transmission plus a small battery is about all that's feasible within the current architecture of the S650.
This would interest me. As far as AWD goes, usually it's a $1500-2000 option in crossovers/SUVs from what I've seen/remember. Would this also likely apply to a potential/future Mustang, if not the current one, or would it probably be an even more expensive option? (I try not to troll when it comes to inquiring about AWD/hybrid potential in the Mustang. For me it's kind of a "peace-of-mind" option for daily driving or semi-spirited (i.e. within the speed limit) driving, although considering I'm a very cautious driver to begin with, maybe it shouldn't be necessary for me?)
Sponsored

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium Conv., 2017 Edge Sport
So when do we think Ford will unveil it/provide more info? I’m trying to figure out possible dates. I’m foaming at the mouth over here to know more. I’m wondering if it will be at EAA.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
So when do we think Ford will unveil it/provide more info? I’m trying to figure out possible dates. I’m foaming at the mouth over here to know more. I’m wondering if it will be at EAA.
im guessing we will get a few little morsels over the summer (official leaks disguised as rumors), followed by some honest to goodness detail in the fall. But Ford will keep power figures, design, drivetrain, weight, etc. will be closely guarded until official full reveal next spring - with the car on the road in late summer 2025.

be better if we got full reveal in winter with availability in spring though. That would spur a larger launch sales volume with folks wanting to fully enjoy the capabilities in ideal weather.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
You guys are all over thinking this. Ford is obviously backing down from EV and hybrids, and AWD would take a tremendous investment. The only thing we will see is a GT350/500, Boss, Mach 1 or Bullet type of badging with more HP, better suspension and some aero/visual upgrades.

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
You guys are all over thinking this. Ford is obviously backing down from EV and hybrids, and AWD would take a tremendous investment. The only thing we will see is a GT350/500, Boss, Mach 1 or Bullet type of badging with more HP, better suspension and some aero/visual upgrades.
I agree.

My only question is if we'll get a hybrid V8 (like the e-Ray) in the future. Ford already has smaller hybrid setups (Maverick, Police Interceptor Vehicle, Escape) that preview that potential, and it would let them build a monster V8 that flew threw emissions, even in the 2030s.

msgwelter

Threads
Reaction score
You are all wrong. It's going to be a 350 HP four banger with SVO embems. There are too many varieties of the V8 to add another one.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Seen around town today
IMG_1789.png
if thats real then maybe theres some truth to the "baby GTD" rumor, sucks for the old people that still want a manual though because that image pretty much confirms there would be a transaxle with the cooling vents and repositioned exhaust.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I live near a Ford test facility and see some things now and then. Some Mustang of some sort, black with yellow calipers, and sounding like an angry dragon just roared by heading away from the Ford property. I didn't have my phone but maybe I'll catch it on the way back. I don't think it sounded like a flat plane crank.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 hybrid-porsch
Sponsored