• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
These were my thoughts as well.

- Something (parts, platform, technology) that's already on the shelf and in-use

- The silhouette displayed doesn't have to be that of the actual "addition"
Yeah, that's what I'm getting hung up on as well. Ford's always been very candid about future mustang models. In the past, they were always like "Here's an image of the gt 500 coming next year" or "Check out all these teaser vids for this mach 1 coming out". Then all of a sudden they start making vague as hell hints about something coming next year that will be a new standalone product. It's either a missed opportunity to get people excited about the gt 500, or it's something completely unexpected as far as I'm concerned.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
It’d be cool if it was a “mustang cobra” again and came factory with the 800hp whipple kit with 10r80/ tremec priced in the 90K/100k range with a few basic body mods.

that’s about as drastic as I could see from ford. I think hybrid is off the table for now, full electric plausible but seems too soon still.

no need for Shelby nameplate and gt350/500 for a few decades… let that name rest in peace.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My wager that I’m willing to bet zero dollars on is a two seater called Mustang cobra. A smaller car with some S650 styling cues to compete with BRZ type cars. Could just be my eyes, but trying to compare profiles of that teaser and current and previous mustangs seems to look like there is no room for a rear seat.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
2 seater would be SICK …. I just think there would be leaks already if so.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
This could be far off, but Ford had discontinued making any other cars other than the Mustang correct? They’re focusing on Trucks and SUV’s so perhaps this is another Hybrid Performance Sports Sedan or Crossover vehicle that’s a Hybrid Performance Vehicle. The whole “Mustang Stable” comment makes it confusing and unclear but this is a far stretch for what I’m saying/suggesting. 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
A smaller car with some S650 styling cues to compete with BRZ type cars.
Like another Miata. But platform? Not existing, but I think Ford still has agreements with Mazda.

"Mustang has always been about being the most fun-to-drive car, and this is going to be an amazing addition to the family. We cannot wait to show you more about this car."

"Car" (twice) forgoes the idea of a Mustang-inspired SUV, as popular and profitable as SUVs are.

"fun to-drive" leans towards something smaller, lower in cost and simpler in options.

Hybrid? I feel it'd require a diet, if using the existing coupe platform, body, etc.

A EV? In response to Dodge's offerings? I think Ford would like to see how those sell before fielding their own.

A GT-500-type vehicle, Boss variant or something of the sort? I'd love to see it. But it seems to soon?

But ya, like you, a wager of $0 as to if I could even be close.

One of the above. I'm pretty comfortable with that prediction. :giggle:

Last edited:

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP
What's under that cover is a marketing tool meant to keep us talking about the S650. It is intended to reignite the model going into 2025. Many owners are going to have to swallow a bitter pill when Ford announces the 2025 will feature Ford's new Google-based interface. That interface will feature "around view" cameras. Ford couldn't pull off getting this integrated into the 2024 due to supply issues.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
My wager that I’m willing to bet zero dollars on is a two seater called Mustang cobra. A smaller car with some S650 styling cues to compete with BRZ type cars. Could just be my eyes, but trying to compare profiles of that teaser and current and previous mustangs seems to look like there is no room for a rear seat.
I've mentioned before that there was this s650 design proposal which very clearly was inspired by the fox body. It has the more upright, almost hatchback roofline, no upper grille, and a character line similar to the fox body of a line curving from the hood, and dipping below the side glass just like that car.

This would be perfect for a smaller, more practical and cheaper mustang. It would tie with with this recent wave of 80s and 90s nostalgia, lean into that an call it the mustang turbo or something. Give it the 2.0 and 2.3 Ecoboost. I don't know if the s650 chassis can support this, but something like c2 can.

Lots of people have been asking for an AWD mustang. Give them this, an AWD turbocharged mustang hatchback. That would appeal to people wanting a more practical sports coupe. Not to mention if it was very different to the s650, the two wouldn't really compete with each other for sales, they'd appeal to completely different groups of buyers.

S650 Mustang Ford Teases "New Addition to the Mustang Stable" Coming in 2025 IMG_20240419_131850

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Motor1 apparently saw the original filename of the photo as something RTR related. Hopefully that's a red herring as well...

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1

Martin1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT W/PP
Could this while Mustang Stable thing be them giving the Mustang its own brand, kinda like what Dodge did with Ram.
Sponsored