• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford status update promise is more infuriating than comforting.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
This is not true with what I have seen with the constraints. There isn't an issue with painting or parts for the Nite Pony just they are scheduling so many at a time.
The painting is an assumption from what I have seen.
Manufacturing has to sort of pick and choose what vehicles they can produce at a time. Not only do they have regular dealer vehicles but the special orders that we have. And special orders are not a priority.

Constraints don't mean parts are missing or they can't do certain options unless stated buy Ford, just that they are limiting some options for that build week. This is why I don't understand why some have changed orders to try to get a vehicle faster. With the date up in the air for cars to get to the dealer you would most likely have the same chance to get the car you waited then the car you settled with.

Now constraints are labeled different on the broncos where they have stropped you from ordering certain options or let you know there is a limited run on certain options.
You could be right but donā€™t know why only the black roof would be the constraint then vs the entire package
Sponsored

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You could be right but donā€™t know why only the black roof would be the constraint then vs the entire package

Could be the extra step the cars have to go through. Cars with colored panels or vinyl / painted strips most of the time go through a whole other step to be completed. So, just assuming here, but they probably could only do so many cars with strips and the Nite Pony package in a build week.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Could be the extra step the cars have to go through. Cars with colored panels or vinyl / painted strips most of the time go through a whole other step to be completed. So, just assuming here, but they probably could only do so many cars with strips and the Nite Pony package in a build week.
Thatā€™s exactly what I was saying šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
This is what happens when you fire 5,000 people in their 50ā€™s. Piss poor planning on the part of Ford, and now they want to continue to blame suppliers.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
This is what happens when you fire 5,000 people in their 50ā€™s. Piss poor planning on the part of Ford, and now they want to continue to blame suppliers.
Do you think they're hiring people in their 70's? :wink: I could use a little spare cash. šŸ™ƒ

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I am 69 and have no desire to work!šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€
I'm thinking 2 old guys could get all this mess straightened out in a few days. :wink:

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
The supply chain issues reasoning/excuse is wearing thin. I know many businesses that were hit hard during the pandemic that are back to normal as if the pandemic never occurred. After Jan 1, 2024 I consider any supply chain excuses as pure unadulterated BS.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
No itā€™s not BS, weā€™ve been dealing with supplier bankruptcies FFS.
Company that made brake lines, bankrupt, seats, bankruptā€¦ on and on still a problem.

everyone focuses on chips, but the line has been down for seats, brake pads, brake lines, gas tanks, steering wheels, actual wheels, tires, getting metal to stamp body panels, shocksā€¦

itā€™s a legit Fā€™ng problem.
Worst mistake in my adult life was government sending people home from work and giving them money.
Holy F. Did that mess everything up.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
At this point I think we can assume Ford is waiting for the UAW to strike before trying to ship any of the completed cars so they can turn this into the biggest cluster f@&$ imaginable.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
No itā€™s not BS, weā€™ve been dealing with supplier bankruptcies FFS.
Company that made brake lines, bankrupt, seats, bankruptā€¦ on and on still a problem.

everyone focuses on chips, but the line has been down for seats, brake pads, brake lines, gas tanks, steering wheels, actual wheels, tires, getting metal to stamp body panels, shocksā€¦

itā€™s a legit Fā€™ng problem.
Worst mistake in my adult life was government sending people home from work and giving them money.
Holy F. Did that mess everything up.
I agree with most of this. But the mustang hasn't been hit with any supplier issues I have seen. They are now pretty good at making the constraints with unavailable options known. As of now there are none listed for the Mustang.
The Bronco that's a whole different story with supplier issues.

100% agree about the worst mistake though.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
50ā€™s is still young, why would they do that? They are usually ones that know how to work. Even at my age, I clean houses
Sponsored