• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford status update promise is more infuriating than comforting.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
"We know its been over 2 months since you ordered a base level mustang, and it hasn't even been scheduled yet, but we promise to let you know in another 45 days that 0 progress has been made" Ridiculous.

S650 Mustang Ford status update promise is more infuriating than comforting. 1691449249095
Sponsored

Last edited:

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
S650 Mustang Ford status update promise is more infuriating than comforting. IMG_1879
I actually got a slightly different email today than the standard 45 day one that I have gotten before

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I didnā€™t think you ordered a base car. Didnā€™t you order the night pony package which is a known factor in why your build isnā€™t getting done?
As far as im concerned that's still a base car. Claiming that painting a roof black adds this much time is unacceptable.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
As far as im concerned that's still a base car. Claiming that painting a roof black adds this much time is unacceptable.
To be fair itā€™s not a claim this is the truth and exactly the reason, they only paint the roofs in a special area that can only do so many at a time. Now to be fair you have been waiting awhile and not providing justification for Ford just the reason.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I didnā€™t think you ordered a base car. Didnā€™t you order the night pony package which is a known factor in why your build isnā€™t getting done?
isnā€˜ the performance pkg another
problem? I didnā€™t order pony package but did order pp

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I donā€™t know what to tell you. You donā€™t have a daily driver as it was totaled and you chose to replace it with a car that is preorder only at this point. Then you ā€œhave to haveā€ an option of night pony which is holding up your car from being scheduled and has no real bearing on the drivability of the car. You can say that shouldnā€™t matter but the reality is does matter and you wonā€™t drop the option. At this point your preference is to not have your car built for the unforeseen time. That is your choice. You either change your mind or live with the consequences.

Maybe find a short term lease Inc. Swap lease.com or something like that if you donā€™t want to change your mind.

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
Got the same email today. They aren't even promising an update every 45 days now. It's just whenever it's built we will let you know šŸ™ƒ

So far this has been my status
4/2 - Placed Order with dealership
4/3 - Received email from Ford confirming Order
4/27 - Received email from Ford that the Mustang was scheduled for production week of June 19th
06/22 - Received the email about delays and they would be in touch every 45 days.
08/7- Received second email about supply chain issues and delays

S650 Mustang Ford status update promise is more infuriating than comforting. Screenshot_20230807_212213_Gmail

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
To be fair itā€™s not a claim this is the truth and exactly the reason, they only paint the roofs in a special area that can only do so many at a time. Now to be fair you have been waiting awhile and not providing justification for Ford just the reason.

This is not true with what I have seen with the constraints. There isn't an issue with painting or parts for the Nite Pony just they are scheduling so many at a time.
The painting is an assumption from what I have seen.
Manufacturing has to sort of pick and choose what vehicles they can produce at a time. Not only do they have regular dealer vehicles but the special orders that we have. And special orders are not a priority.

Constraints don't mean parts are missing or they can't do certain options unless stated buy Ford, just that they are limiting some options for that build week. This is why I don't understand why some have changed orders to try to get a vehicle faster. With the date up in the air for cars to get to the dealer you would most likely have the same chance to get the car you waited then the car you settled with.

Now constraints are labeled different on the broncos where they have stropped you from ordering certain options or let you know there is a limited run on certain options.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Came to say this. Mine is built and sitting too lol. These are just automatic emails.

Yeap theses are auto emails sent to everyone that ordered just about any Ford product for a while now.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I donā€™t know what to tell you. You donā€™t have a daily driver as it was totaled and you chose to replace it with a car that is preorder only at this point. Then you ā€œhave to haveā€ an option of night pony which is holding up your car from being scheduled and has no real bearing on the drivability of the car. You can say that shouldnā€™t matter but the reality is does matter and you wonā€™t drop the option. At this point your preference is to not have your car built for the unforeseen time. That is your choice. You either change your mind or live with the consequences.

Maybe find a short term lease Inc. Swap lease.com or something like that if you donā€™t want to change your mind.
If i could order the car without the black roof and the rest of the nite pony I would. Plan to wrap the whole car anyway.
Sponsored