• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford has dropped the ball for customers who trusted in them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Stop gaslighting them because they're angry at this. They have every right to be upset. You'd think the same thing if your car was sitting in the lot while brand new cars rolled off the line and into the rail cars.
You are 100% as it is very aggravating, especially when you are,paying that kind of money
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tommy Nokes

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
I’m pretty sure the March builds are taking so long because they were produced with a bunch of issues. They are taking longer to correct to “built” status than the cars produced after production issues were found and fixed.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can assure you… right now as we speak ford execs are patting each other on the back for exceeding everyone’s expectations and flawless launch execution!

there will be raises and promotions with how successful this launch went(in their circles)
I have not and I don't think my opinion matters to them.
we’ll never hurts to call the big guys. Although the firs number we call says there is no way to get to the higher ups,I did find the phone number

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Don’t be such a “Richard”
99% of us are still waiting too. Ford said late fall and if it happens it happens if it doesn't oh well. What are they going to do take your car back when the next summer season comes around? It'll be fine man. I see it as the longer delivery takes the longer you get for a bigger down payment.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99% of us are still waiting too. Ford said late fall and if it happens it happens if it doesn't oh well. What are they going to do take your car back when the next summer season comes around? It'll be fine man. I see it as the longer delivery takes the longer you get for a bigger down payment.
The ones complaining have every right too. Their cars have been done and sitting out for weeks now. Yours is probably like mine not even started, but if you were being jacked around, you would be pissed too. I am fine and have enough to pay it off, IF I decide too and I am NOT a man!

StickyRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 400A AE B&O
I have only one thought regarding the way they handled this. Yes, 5-6 months turnaround is nothing to cry about. I think the majority of the complaining is unwarranted. The one thing I would say is that showing built for people who ordered in March, but ordering, producing, building, and delivering cars ordered last month, is bad for everybody involved. Bad taste in customers mouth. Bad for ford business image. Etc. But like others are saying it could be a build quality issue, and the tracker should just reflect in production again.

Better tracker, park the first cars made in a manner which ships them out first. Problem solved?? Idk

StickyRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 400A AE B&O
I have only one thought regarding the way they handled this. Yes, 5-6 months turnaround is nothing to cry about. I think the majority of the complaining is unwarranted. The one thing I would say is that showing built for people who ordered in March, but ordering, producing, building, and delivering cars ordered last month, is bad for everybody involved. Bad taste in customers mouth. Bad for ford business image. Etc. But like others are saying it could be a build quality issue, and the tracker should just reflect in production again.

Better tracker, park the first cars made in a manner which ships them out first. Problem solved?? Idk
All being said complaining about it taking "forever" or that this is "ridiculous" is way overboard and does sound privileged.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
The ones complaining have every right too. Their cars have been done and sitting out for weeks now. Yours is probably like mine not even started, but if you were being jacked around, you would be pissed too. I am fine and have enough to pay it off, IF I decide too and I am NOT a man!
I have been jerked around. Mine has been in production for this entire month but it's whatever when it happens it happens and I'll be here to enjoy what I patiently waited for.

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think there's a few things to dissect here...

1. The logistics of moving 7000+ cars is not easy. As someone who deals with contractors every day, I've come to accept the fact that there isn't just dudes standing around hoping I pick up the phone to call and give them work for tomorrow. Its very likely that most companies and trucking brokers have previous obligations for hauling that they committed to weeks if not months ago. There's also been a shortage of truck drivers since 2019. So it will take time before we really see the mustangs move. That I can live with.

2. First in First out would be ideal, but not realistic. Obviously they would like to load cars that are headed to about the same destination. I can't claim to know why mustangs that were build last week are getting shipped now, but maybe there's some truth to the first runs having issues and being sent back to the line. Mines been "in production" since the start of June.

What does annoy me is that this is either textbook marketing failure or they told half truths in order to get orders in. They said deliveries summer 2023. Was I expending my car to land June 20? No, but I sure as shit wasn't expecting it to land last day of Summer, not with having an early order in.

Personally I think Ford should have said "deliveries Fall 2023". And if people end up getting their mustangs before Fall, what a PR win that is for Ford to celebrate and show off. Under promise and over deliver. Though, my guess is that they feared if they said Fall that that would push buyers to wait until 2024 to order a Mustang, which is definitely what I would have done since I still don't have mine and where I live has nasty winters. So if that is the case, that's where I see them being scummy.

sknsr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 2009 Escape
At least you know you have one built, somewhere for you, I would settle for a VIN right now. Every fukn Thursday is another let down, week after week
I’m right with ya. Ordered April 3rd. Another Thursday and nothing. I’m sure ford chat will tell me tomorrow I’m still in the unscheduled clean box.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.