• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Marketing/Designers are DESPERATELY HOPING boxy is coming back. They are seriously mistaken. They will get stomped by the consumer and I hope lose many millions.
Boxy is back, as are curvy designs. We're truly living in a golden age of car design where a ton of different styles are in, and consumers have more options than ever before. It's not like the 50s where all cars looked the same, 20 feet of fins, chrome, and excess. Or the 80s where everything was shaped like a wedge. Or the 90s, when everything looked like melted cheese. These days, you can buy an retro design, a futuristic or modern looking design, something with clean lines, something with a lot of lines, boxy, curvy. The list goes on and on.
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
seriously, it’s the bottom level. It’s just enough so that if you’re in college and want to be cool by having “m” on it, you can because it’s easily attainable. But it’s nothing special. At all.

for bmw, it’s the sporty version of the fiesta.
Do many college students buy $60k vehicles?

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
SO has a 1998 M3 convertible. Arctic Silver. It's boxy as hell and gorgeous.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Boxy is back, as are curvy designs. We're truly living in a golden age of car design where a ton of different styles are in, and consumers have more options than ever before. It's not like the 50s where all cars looked the same, 20 feet of fins, chrome, and excess. Or the 80s where everything was shaped like a wedge. Or the 90s, when everything looked like melted cheese. These days, you can buy an retro design, a futuristic or modern looking design, something with clean lines, something with a lot of lines, boxy, curvy. The list goes on and on.
agreed, but that M2, if it actually is production intent, simply is bad design that doesn’t have a theme to flow with. It’s problem is not that it’s boxy. The isdue is that it’s just ugly and looks like it doesn’t know what it’s trying to accomplish. Sad to see from such a special brand.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
agreed, but that M2, if it actually is production intent, simply is bad design that doesn’t have a theme to flow with. It’s problem is not that it’s boxy. The isdue is that it’s just ugly and looks like it doesn’t know what it’s trying to accomplish. Sad to see from such a special brand.
Agreed, a big issue with a lot of modern designs is it looks like designers select a theme, get halfway though designing the car, and then change their minds. There's no confidence, no consistency.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach1 Premium HP & 2001 F150 4x4 Prerunner
apples and oranges.
The Mustang is Fords icon.

the M2 is BMWs bottom of the barrel car.

it’s like an svt fiesta.

even so… dang. Whoever thought that was a good idea may be a candidate for an aesthetic sensibility transplant.

no idea what’s going on with the rear. Maybe going for the baby forklift look?
I finally figured out where the S650 design team got their inspiration from...LEGOS

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 th-159250278

and Then there's another winner from BMW, Bucky Beaver:
S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 BMW-M4-2021-13

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Saints Row II lookin' ass car

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
BMW design hit a peak about 10-15 years ago and it's been all downhill since then.

Love this meme about their kidney grill evolution 🤣 🤣 🤣

D1PyIIAXgAAmtZ5.jpg
Ironically, BMW just released this...

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 FdTe3JmWYAEoe-M

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 FdTe3JlXgAIvxoX

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 FdTe3JpXwAIiXm-

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Not upset about any of these new designs. But not buying. The trend is more powerful than a locomotive, faster than a speeding bullet, lower than a rat rod, more conspicuous than Elvis, big screen LCDs, stripes, wings, slats, slots, big mouth grills, 19" rims, 4 GHZ dashboard computers, and Maserati interiors. Jeez, remember when a pony car was fun to buy, own, and drive?

Was cruising an interstate in my GT Saturday. A shiny black on black C8 is overtaking me on the left. He slows down, paces me, and drags by to make me look at his ride. I felt sorry for him, I think his car sucks. To me a C8 is like Rap or Hip Hop. I like that old time Rock and Roll. I like the kind of car that soothes my soul. None of this new trend would take me there, and I still have money left for upkeep and gas.

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 pere122519GE.JPG

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
seriously, it’s the bottom level. It’s just enough so that if you’re in college and want to be cool by having “m” on it, you can because it’s easily attainable. But it’s nothing special. At all.

for bmw, it’s the sporty version of the fiesta.
This will run 70-80K easy: not a car your typical college student can afford.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
SO has a 1998 M3 convertible. Arctic Silver. It's boxy as hell and gorgeous.
Post up a pic if you can

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This will run 70-80K easy: not a car your typical college student can afford.
it’s about different financial strata. And not all college kids buy their own cars, though many do after discovering the “free money” (sarcasm) that is a new car loan. But many have rich parents that will purchase the “low rent” M for their kids with no sense. I should have figured a mustang forum would need a bit more explaining as the finances are usually different. As someone who crosses over Hyundai, ford, BMW, and Mercedes, I don’t always consider that. You can get a lot more Mustang than you can BMW for the price.

in BMW world, the M is everything. And for those who can buy a better vehicle, they won’t because it’s not an M model. So you have the 2 series, just M ified. It’s really a sad story. M3 is where the legit M series starts.

the design of that car, if it’s really the forthcoming m2, just screams fad impulse buy. Nothing about it is classy, well designed, a heritage play, or even modern. It’s just a collection of current design buzz themes that don’t match. The end result is a rear end that looks like a baby forklift and a front that looks like the old m2 is trying to be an Audi.
Sponsored

Last edited: