• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I'm not disappointed in the S650 in the least. However, I will gladly jump on the BMW bashing bandwagon. They used to make some of the most beautiful cars on the road. Yes the M2 is atrocious. But the M5, M8, and to an extent the M4/M3 are gorgeous cars.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
I like the snake front end of the S550. Ford should have doubled down and made the snake reference better. Instead they went for the camaro look. I hate really HATE the headlights. Don't get me started about the dash, I could live with the headlights since I only look at them while out of the car, but the dash???

Ford did not design this for the people who can afford it, especially with the current prices.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
At least it wasn’t this…

BMW M2 Leak:
537EE3F6-C4CA-4734-B301-AD41E64AB3D9.jpeg
DBC6E2AC-1533-447A-8CEB-95DB9E94B1B5.jpeg
apples and oranges.
The Mustang is Fords icon.

the M2 is BMWs bottom of the barrel car.

it’s like an svt fiesta.

even so… dang. Whoever thought that was a good idea may be a candidate for an aesthetic sensibility transplant.

no idea what’s going on with the rear. Maybe going for the baby forklift look?

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
apples and oranges.
The Mustang is Fords icon.

the M2 is BMWs bottom of the barrel car.

it’s like an svt fiesta.

even so… dang. Whoever thought that was a good idea may be a candidate for an aesthetic sensibility transplant.

no idea what’s going on with the rear. Maybe going for the baby forklift look?
Yes not an exact comparison but still thought it was funny how bad it looked haha.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
When I first saw the leaks I couldn't believe it. It's like BMW's design team is seeing how ugly they can go before they get canned.
Yes it is really bad. I can’t even see where their head was at. At least everything I dislike about the new mustang I can at least see what they were thinking.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I like the snake front end of the S550. Ford should have doubled down and made the snake reference better. Instead they went for the camaro look. I hate really HATE the headlights. Don't get me started about the dash, I could live with the headlights since I only look at them while out of the car, but the dash???

Ford did not design this for the people who can afford it, especially with the current prices.
Yes I love how the gt350 front end looks like a snake in particular. The headlights and the bumper blend really well and make it really look like a snake.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
That, that's not very good. BMW does seem to be going backwards with respect to styling. It's difficult to update an iconic look. I think maybe they should have another go.

Its headlights remind me of the new Z.

I'm not upset by the S650, but I do feel they failed in the styling department.

If they wanted to create a new Mustang with no references to the past, I'm OK with that, but...

The car, inside and out, has several aspects which are appealing. But taken as a whole, it just seems (IMO), to be a mash-up of different styles.

Last edited:

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I would like to have the best out of both cars: the updated BMW platform with HUD, potential AWD (M2 won't get it but it could have) and other options like 360 camera. And then I would like to put that in the S650. Keep the engine, keep the styling and the S650 turns into a car that's worth 65000€.

That M2 is ugly a.f. It's like they offer any internship the job with the task to make it "special"...
At least one can tell them easily apart :D

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT

Dan, I’m not challenging your above comment but wonder if you’d expound a little on what you mean by this.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
At least it wasn’t this…

BMW M2 Leak:
537EE3F6-C4CA-4734-B301-AD41E64AB3D9.jpeg
DBC6E2AC-1533-447A-8CEB-95DB9E94B1B5.jpeg
oh no. i know whats happening.

anybody remember how in the 80's everything got all boxy?

boxy is coming back.

fine with me, im planning on keepking my GT fo-evaaaa.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Just when you think they couldn't go worse than that M4 front end...they prove you wrong. Surely that is a bad joke. The Mustang is nowhere near that bad...I would buy a Dark Horse if something happened to my M1 in 2024....I don't even want to stand next to that M2.
Sponsored