• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First convertible auto car wash with GT

• Thread starter Deleted member 60890
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 60890

Hi my GT convertible went through its first commercial automatic car wash without a drop of water in the cab so if those of who are getting water and cabs going through a car wash, there you go!
Sponsored

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
I also washed it once on a auto car wash....no issues. But I've been using manual washing after that....just in case, and also seems safer on the car :)!

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I believe there's a warning in the Warranty Clause that if you wash your 2024 Mustang via Auto Car Wash, your warranty is voided..........j/k :sunglasses:

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I also washed it once on a auto car wash....no issues. But I've been using manual washing after that....just in case, and also seems safer on the car :)!
You’d be correct. Soaps are more harsh.

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Due to the size and age of my other vehicle, I take it to the auto wash. I dont plan on taking my convertible to the autowash. To harsh.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Due to the size and age of my other vehicle, I take it to the auto wash. I dont plan on taking my convertible to the autowash. To harsh.
I feel the same way. With a convertible I plan on washing myself. Too much pressure and best to wash convertibles from the top down, not sideways.

Seo124

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
The biggest problem with automatic washing and convertibles is the drying. The blow dryer makes the top flop around. It stretches it and it bangs against the cross members. Once or twice is OK but long term, well, put some cash in a jar every time you wash it that way (for a new top).

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
My 2018 EcoBoost Premium Convertible, which I got rid of in December before my 2024 arrived, had gone through the automatic car wash (both the brush type and the touch-free type) over 100 time in the 99,000 miles and 5 years I had it. The top still looked like new when I sold it. And I never used any kind of conditioner on it. My 2024 probably won't see the automatic car wash nearly as often, because I bought a waterless car wash kit (Rubbit) that works extremely well. But if need be, I would not hesitate to take it through a cart wash.

heinvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Sprinter, Transit, Saturn
We had or top treated and water beads up on it now.

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan.com

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 MUSTANG ECOBOOST PREMIUM YELLOW SPLASH
i had 2007 mustang pony convertible back up North seriously probably went through the car was 150 times till 2012 tree fell on roof so replaced with after market and prob anoth 200 times in 11 years looked new last year when i sold it! the 1st type was the older vinly style replacement was similar to ones used now !!
Sponsored