• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Family Squabble

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Why does it seem like the S550 Crowd is down on the S650 crowd? Haven't witnessed the other way around, but could be happening also. I've heard it all from so-called design flaws to the S650 coming up short on performance, blah, blah, blah. Almost like listening to the Ford -vs Chevy -vs- Dodge saga, which obviously will never end. But the Brotherhood/Sisterhood I thought was better than that while playing in their own sandbox. I currently own a Gen 1 and a Gen 7, but have owned 5 total and just wondering what the deal supposedly is?
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Why does it seem like the S550 Crowd is down on the S650 crowd? Haven't witnessed the other way around, but could be happening also. I've heard it all from so-called design flaws to the S650 coming up short on performance, blah, blah, blah. Almost like listening to the Ford -vs Chevy -vs- Dodge saga, which obviously will never end. But the Brotherhood/Sisterhood I thought was better than that while playing in their own sandbox. I currently own a Gen 1 and a Gen 7, but have owned 5 total and just wondering what the deal supposedly is?
its the same shit that happened between the S550 and the S197, people hate change at first and see every issue with a new thing as a reason to point and go "see i told you this is a horrible change" (remember going to IRS?). itll pass in a year or two and everyone will collectively move on like they always have

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
I have owned too many cars to count and every make has the same squabbles when a new generation is released. Just another quirk of human nature.

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
This is true, I surely remember the IRS changeover. Cripes, Mustangs are still being blamed for the crowd surfing when taking off......that is sooo old and overused.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
You shouldn’t care that I (or anyone else)doesn‘t like the S650. It’s not mine it’s yours. You like it and that‘s all that counts.
Stop worrying about what other people think.
If everyone thought like me, ya all couldn‘t find a Mach 1 fast enough. Enjoy your car. They’re beautiful in their own way.

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
You shouldn’t care that I (or anyone else)doesn‘t like the S650. It’s not mine it’s yours. You like it and that‘s all that counts.
If everyone thought like me, ya all couldn‘t find a Mach 1 fast enough. Enjoy your car.
Oh, I don't care, just trying to understand what peoples reasoning is. I buy what I buy because I want it, not what other people think, only way to roll!!

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
If everyone thought like me, ya all couldn‘t find a Mach 1 fast enough. Enjoy your car. They’re beautiful in their own way.
Forgot to mention......I also looked for a Mach 1 at first then started looking at the S650, rest is history!

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
I can't tell you the reason in general. I can only give you my personal experience.

I loved the 2005 Mustang when it came out
I loved the 2010 Mustang when it came out
I loved the 2013 Mustang when it came out
I LOOVEDDD the 2015 Mustang when it came out
I LOOOVEDDDD the 2018 Mustang when it came out

And than the 2024 Mustang came out. Nahhh. I didn't feel the joy or excitement as previously felt. The rear of the vehicle is still bothering me. On this new model you NEED a wing to make the car looks a little bit better. On the S550 the rear is just perfect. Those large grabable tail lights are a beauty design. Now we have some flat small taillights that don't fit in the rear. Should have made them larger and more grabable. I have a Dark Horse and a GT just because I'm a Mustang fan but I never disliked the car as much as this model and I owned Mustangs from 2005 till now.

OP
OP
Modn

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
I can't tell you the reason in general. I can only give you my personal experience.

I loved the 2005 Mustang when it came out
I loved the 2010 Mustang when it came out
I loved the 2013 Mustang when it came out
I LOOVEDDD the 2015 Mustang when it came out
I LOOOVEDDDD the 2018 Mustang when it came out

And than the 2024 Mustang came out. Nahhh. I didn't feel the joy or excitement as previously felt. The rear of the vehicle is still bothering me. On this new model you NEED a wing to make the car looks a little bit better. On the S550 the rear is just perfect. Those large grabable tail lights are a beauty design. Now we have some flat small taillights that don't fit in the rear. Should have made them larger and more grabable. I have a Dark Horse and a GT just because I'm a Mustang fan but I never disliked the car as much as this model and I owned Mustangs from 2005 till now.
Huh? This doesn't make any sense to me. You never disliked a generation more, so you purchased 2? Okay.........sooo you're hoping they grow on you?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Just curious if the S550 had the same front wheel well (hole) issue that the S650 does?

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Just curious if the S550 had the same front wheel well (hole) issue that the S650 does?
I posted pictures of my S550 wheel well int the main thread.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT