• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Factory Orders Odometer Reading

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
For those that have picked up your S650’s, how many miles did it have on the Odometer? I want to make sure mine isn’t used for test drives.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
In another forum, someone started a thread in '22 to solicit feedback on this topic.

The general read was about 8 mi / 12.8 km at pickup. Skye was at 8 / 12.8 .

Factory-to-storage pad, with a drive around the test track on the way, transfers through transport waypoints, dealer prep and checkout, getting gas before pickup, etc.

YMMV (pun intended).

Regarding test drives, I wouldn't be concerned. New car and new mark, but dealers won't want to deal with all the liabilities associated with anyone getting in it and driving it. The dealer will perform a test drive, checkout and fuel up. Otherwise, prep and a phone call. They don't want to hold any vehicle too long. They don't have the space for it.

* There is a test track near the storage pad and factory. It is not a race track. A shakedown track, designed to work components, check for rattles, etc. I never studied how long in distance it is. You can see it on Google Maps.

Last edited:

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
For those that have picked up your S650’s, how many miles did it have on the Odometer? I want to make sure mine isn’t used for test drives.
8 miles at time of pickup.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Hmmmmm…. i had 21… hopefully it means mine was thoroughly tested at Ford because i was very clear to my dealer I didn’t want the car touched by anyone and i trust him.

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hopefully my dealer doesn't let other people test drive my car before handing it off to me. You know people would definitely be flooring it which wouldn't be good for the break-in period.

After looking at this forum and other forums, less than 12 miles seems to be the norm. If mine has more than 15-20 I'm going to ask questions.

pranav820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Hopefully my dealer doesn't let other people test drive my car before handing it off to me. You know people would definitely be flooring it which wouldn't be good for the break-in period.

After looking at this forum and other forums, less than 12 miles seems to be the norm. If mine has more than 15-20 I'm going to ask questions.
I think most of the miles I had on line were from the factory because I watched the dealer get my car and off the truck it had 23 miles. Which I thought was strange!

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think most of the miles I had on line were from the factory because I watched the dealer get my car and off the truck it had 23 miles. Which I thought was strange!
Yeah they sometimes select random vehicles to take around the track at FRAP.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
They 100% are getting floored in the factory on the dyno, from staging lots and etc.
Nothing you can do or would really affect it.

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
They 100% are getting floored in the factory on the dyno, from staging lots and etc.
Nothing you can do or would really affect it.
Is flooring it really that bad during the break-in period? I feel like every once in a while won't do anything.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Is flooring it really that bad during the break-in period? I feel like every once in a while won't do anything.
I think the biggest concern is getting it too hot for too long.

Also if it helps ease your mind my dealer has a policy no one can drive customer cars, not even the sales guys. Hope yours has it too.

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think the biggest concern is getting it too hot for too long.

Also if it helps ease your mind my dealer has a policy no one can drive customer cars, not even the sales guys. Hope yours has it too.
My dealer is pretty bad. They have never contacted me and I have to beg them for an update.

They also have never heard of vinview.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
My dealer is pretty bad. They have never contacted me and I have to beg them for an update.

They also have never heard of vinview.
tell them to click on the search bar in FMCDealer, type in "vinview" (be sure to clarify all one word), and tell them to click on the result that says "vinview tool". from there they can look up your order by VIN or order number. if you want text or email updates on your vehicle, also tell them that while the tracker is up, to click on the blue "actions" button, click "alert me", and enter your email and/or phone number
Sponsored