• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does anyone have an H-pipe yet?

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
FYI CJ Ponyparts did an X and H pipe video on a non active exhaust GT if anyone wants to go that route.
Sponsored

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Might be possible with this one too. Iā€™ll have to see how it goes.
There was little to no difference in the S550 steeda v MRT v roush X/H pipes. From what i've seen it looks like the S650 has the same midpipe as the S550. My MRT went on with the exhaust in place no issue.

If you are concerned about the AE, disconnect the battery before you disconnect the AE, and reconnect the AE before you reconnect the battery.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
There was little to no difference in the S550 steeda v MRT v roush X/H pipes. From what i've seen it looks like the S650 has the same midpipe as the S550. My MRT went on with the exhaust in place no issue.

If you are concerned about the AE, disconnect the battery before you disconnect the AE, and reconnect the AE before you reconnect the battery.
I decided to take the exhaust off because I only had a hack saw to cut the pipes. The biggest problem happened after that. I couldnā€™t get the h-pipe to fit over the oem pipes. I even called MRT and sent them pics and they didnā€™t know what to say. I ended up having to heat the h-pipe to get the pipes in far enough to clamp them. Then I had to remove the hangar mounts so I could get the assembled exhaust back on. Due to the tight fit the mufflers sit a little farther back now, which I know was an issue for s550s. Luckily the AE plugs are not rear-facing on the s650, so there shouldnā€™t be any rubbing/shorting issues. I guess Ford did a good job redesign the AE so weā€™ll have fewer issues. I got the AE plugged back in and no codes or problems so far after 2 short drives. Itā€™s definitely louder than before too. My wife called it obnoxious, so I guess itā€™s about right šŸ¤£
S650 Mustang Does anyone have an H-pipe yet? IMG_8725
S650 Mustang Does anyone have an H-pipe yet? IMG_8726

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Wow at the steeda video, no Fn gains at all JFC
Tough sell.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
I decided to take the exhaust off because I only had a hack saw to cut the pipes. The biggest problem happened after that. I couldnā€™t get the h-pipe to fit over the oem pipes. I even called MRT and sent them pics and they didnā€™t know what to say. I ended up having to heat the h-pipe to get the pipes in far enough to clamp them. Then I had to remove the hangar mounts so I could get the assembled exhaust back on. Due to the tight fit the mufflers sit a little farther back now, which I know was an issue for s550s. Luckily the AE plugs are not rear-facing on the s650, so there shouldnā€™t be any rubbing/shorting issues. I guess Ford did a good job redesign the AE so weā€™ll have fewer issues. I got the AE plugged back in and no codes or problems so far after 2 short drives. Itā€™s definitely louder than before too. My wife called it obnoxious, so I guess itā€™s about right šŸ¤£
IMG_8725.jpeg
IMG_8726.jpeg
LOL. My wife is a car person too, so I'm quite sure she would approve!

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang 2019, GT 500 Magnetic 2020, 2020 Bullitt, Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Octane 2019, Dodge Charger Hellcat White Knuckle 2019, Toyota Supra Premium 2020, Toyota Avalon TRD 2020, Honda Civic Type R 2019
Good thread I purchased the H pipe from lethal for my Mach 1 and never used it. I just about sold it and now Iā€™m like wow it will fit my 24 GT. I do not have the Active exhaust so Iā€™m assuming not too loud.

DGM1068

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just had the C&L h pipe installed yesterday on mine with active exhaust ā€¦ sounds great a nice improvement across the modes!!!

GT 4 LC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That's great lol I know it's hard to tell volume from videos but the decibel meter reading would be interesting. It does sound really good though if it keeps that same stock tone while making it louder, usually making it louder ends up making it more raspy.
On my last 2 Mustangs (S550) I had the resonator delete and loved the sound. I like the old school deep throaty sound. I haven't had the active exhaust on any of my mustangs. The only difference is that my neighbors know when I leave early in the mourning but they like the sound. I did a video in my garage but the video doesn't really give you a great way the exhaust sounds. IMO a resonator delete with an H Pipe is the way to go and much cheaper than having the active exhaust then do a resonator delete. As I remember the Roush H-Pipe is less than $200 an about $130 or so to install. You do the math.

OP
OP

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I've had an H-pipe for about a month now I forgot to post clips, it's honestly not much of a change maybe 15-20% louder driving and 30% louder on cold start and slightly more of a higher pitch sound. No matter what people say removing the resonator will make it less deep not more, the videos only sound that way because it gets louder so the camera picks it up more. I do like the more free flowing sound though because stock active exhaust sounds a little choked.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang 2019, GT 500 Magnetic 2020, 2020 Bullitt, Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Octane 2019, Dodge Charger Hellcat White Knuckle 2019, Toyota Supra Premium 2020, Toyota Avalon TRD 2020, Honda Civic Type R 2019
Yippee I just had mine delivered šŸ˜Ž.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I considered the Corsa HH, but couldn't get around the high price. I got the Steeda H-pipe, and it sounds great too! It was easy to install as well.