• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does anyone else despise the warning chimes?

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
haven't seat belt chimes been around for decades across all manufacturers?
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
haven't seat belt chimes been around for decades across all manufacturers?
Of course they have. It was always a joke about American cars from the 70's onwards here about the amount of warning bongs and especially the door mirror warning that 'things may be closer than they seem' which interferes with the view of the very things that may be closer than they seem! Funnily enough my car never 'bongs' at me because I put my seatbelt on when I get in, close the door before I start the engine, don't drive with the trunk open etc etc. In fact the odd occasion it does 'bong' it is a useful warning!

Just a load of shouting at the sky

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Personally I appreciate the Ford "do do dooo" because it's less annoying than the chimes on all other cars. And since cars MUST have them I'd rather at least have some that aren't as annoying.

But, I generally hate ALL safety nannies, so I use these. All dings, warnings, lights, can't shift out of park with the door open, and general annoyance is GONE on all our vehicles.

Do I wear my seatbelt on public roads? Always. Do I wear it if I'm just driving the 0.5 mile gravel road to check my mail? Or driving across the mall parking lot to pick up my wife? Or driving across a field at a car show? NO, and I don't want the car scolding me. Screw that. It's even worse on trucks. Can you imagine being a farmer driving across fields all day listening to "do do dooo.....do do dooooo...." It would drive a man mad.

S650 Mustang Does anyone else despise the warning chimes? seatbeltextender

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
How is it not second hand nature to just slap the seatbelt on? It takes literally one second. The only time I've ever heard it go off is when I have a passenger in the car that's lazy about getting it fastened

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Personally I appreciate the Ford "do do dooo" because it's less annoying than the chimes on all other cars. And since cars MUST have them I'd rather at least have some that aren't as annoying.

But, I generally hate ALL safety nannies, so I use these. All dings, warnings, lights, can't shift out of park with the door open, and general annoyance is GONE on all our vehicles.

Do I wear my seatbelt on public roads? Always. Do I wear it if I'm just driving the 0.5 mile gravel road to check my mail? Or driving across the mall parking lot to pick up my wife? Or driving across a field at a car show? NO, and I don't want the car scolding me. Screw that. It's even worse on trucks. Can you imagine being a farmer driving across fields all day listening to "do do dooo.....do do dooooo...." It would drive a man mad.

seatbeltextender.jpg
Idk if I would trust that in a crash.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I suspect it is actually just a defeat device for the seatbelt reminder. After all the inertia belt in most cars is plenty long enough for even the most rotund!
I'm not worried about th length but the strength of those buckles. Who knows where that thing is made.

Rick Deppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
I'm not worried about th length but the strength of those buckles. Who knows where that thing is made.
This has gotten to the point that I've heard them in movies or TV shows and cringe like Pavlov's dog.

I have occasionally browsed other forums and they seem to be annoying others enough that they tinker with things with the FORScan tool.

Alas, I have better things to do than spend more than a couple of my remaining brain cells on them. Like post here complaining about them.

Supposedly the do-do-do at startup is a beltminder and can be avoided by fastening the seatbelt prior to starting. Does anyone actually do that?

The door chimes can be turned off on certain vehicles like the F150.

IMO, the main problem is Ford has a Vehicle Harmony division staffed with woke type, tick turds that live for and some how actually get paid to create this noise pollution. (Warning you can't unsee the things on the link above)

Like average Joe car owner would ever take the time to learn and appreciate each tone and countless wasted hours put into creating them? Ummmm, no.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled dude, where is my car programming.
I really dislike wearing seat belts. I should be my choice. They don't make motorcycles rides wear helmets. I drove all day for work. I don't wear a seat belt. I pull it in and keep ot behind the seat. So I don't have to hear those annoying beeps. I agree with you

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I really dislike wearing seat belts. I should be my choice. They don't make motorcycles rides wear helmets. I drove all day for work. I don't wear a seat belt. I pull it in and keep ot behind the seat. So I don't have to hear those annoying beeps. I agree with you
Not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle is incredibly stupid. Same with not wearing a seat belt. But like you said, it's your choice so I'm not gonna stop you 👍

I do feel bad for the EMT that has to scrape your body off the pavement tho.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Not wearing a seatbelt is just incredibly stupid for your own sake and those who care about you especially considering how many horrible drivers are out there these days. As far as the door chime.. I'm not sure how long Ford has been using the same one now, but it's getting rather long in the tooth. Since we have these touch screens and all that going on. Why can't we select a chime like we do on a smartphone? I'd dig some nice zen chimes/bells or something.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
[QUOTE="AlloyPony, post: 3210320, member: 59498]

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.

How would the typical person feel if an underling kept interrupting with "you can't do that, boss" "not a smart move, boss" "not that way, boss" "she's too wrong for you, boss." It would not be long before the guy said "Hey, I'm the fucking boss, aren't I? Shut the fuck up or get the fuck outta here!"

Based on the responses on this thread, however, most people are ok with taking gumption from their car. The car can boss them around, scold them in public, and even rat them out without a care. Not in my house

Its my car, I own it, I pay for it, I drive it. I can sell it, paint it with latex chartreuse and a piece of sandpaper, take a dump on the hood, or smoke a brisket in the trunk. The car don't get to bitch at me, I bitch at the car. The fasten seatbelts nag is not welcome, and is exorcised at the earliest.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I'm with you.

How would the typical person feel if an underling kept interrupting with "you can't do that, boss" "not a smart move, boss" "not that way, boss" "she's too wrong for you, boss." It would not be long before the guy said "Hey, I'm the fucking boss, aren't I? Shut the fuck up or get the fuck outta here!"

Based on the responses on this thread, however, most people are ok with taking gumption from their car. The car can boss them around, scold them in public, and even rat them out without a care. Not in my house

Its my car, I own it, I pay for it, I drive it. I can sell it, paint it with latex chartreuse and a piece of sandpaper, take a dump on the hood, or smoke a brisket in the trunk. The car don't get to bitch at me, I bitch at the car. The fasten seatbelts nag is not welcome, and is exorcised at the earliest.

Everything good at home?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
When wearing a seat belt is proven to reduce injuries in an accident it is ludicrous to not wear one. The law is there in the UK (together with helmets on motorbikes) to save lives and reduce the burden on hospitals and healthcare.