• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone else find the cabin interior warm?

dirtgnome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I find that the cars cabin is generally warm inside and yes I made sure the AC unit is off. Even where I live in SoCal where it's around low 60s currently I end up having to turn on the AC. I never have to crank up the cold air during winter in previous cars and I'm wondering if this is just normal for a Mustang?
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I like it warm but perhaps it's because Ford has sealed up the air leaks and when the sun is out the green house effect warms the car up. Also when the car is set to auto mode, it's pretty fast to adjust the temperature. Make sure when running auto you have the temperature set where you're comfortable and you shouldn't have any issues.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
It's global warmingšŸ˜ Seriously though, yes, In my case I live in the northeast, winter now 25 degrees out. Auto mode I can remote start, within a few minutes get in the car, it is warm and ready to go. Heated wheel, warm seats, windows defrosted, my other cars take at least 10 - 20 minutes.
Have yet to see how it reacts in the summer, though I am sure it will be the same result. though I'm averaging 12 MPG now, I dread what I will get with the AC cranked. I prefer windows down in the summer to AC most of the time anyway.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
it was in the 30,s here earlier in the week, 8:00at night running seat coolers and ac on the way home. Love it.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I think it's normal for a fastback-type car. The S550, S650 rear window in-particular is close to flat. That, coupled with a dark interior, will receive and retain heat. On a clear day, the Earth receives close to 100W of power per square foot, .1 square meter, from the Sun. Pre-tint, I could feel the heat. Now with tint, all those effects are gone. Ceramic tint blocks UV rays without affecting radio/cell signals or polarized lenses; it might be worth checking into.

Last edited:

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
I think it's normal for a fastback-type car. The S550, S650 rear window in-particular is close to flat. That, coupled with a dark interior, will receive and retain heat. On a clear day, the Earth receives close to 100W of power per square foot, .1 square meter, from the Sun. Pre-tint, I could feel the heat. Now with tint, all those effects are gone. Ceramic tint blocks UV rays without affecting radio/cell signals or polarized lenses; it might be worth checking into.
I did 50% Ceramic tint all the way around purely for UV/heat rejection since I went all black- works great.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I think our poor mustangs just don't like to be cold. Remote started this morning. Car read 64* outside.
Hopped in and the steering wheel and seat heaters were on max lol

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
It's global warmingšŸ˜ Seriously though, yes, In my case I live in the northeast, winter now 25 degrees out. Auto mode I can remote start, within a few minutes get in the car, it is warm and ready to go. Heated wheel, warm seats, windows defrosted, my other cars take at least 10 - 20 minutes.
Have yet to see how it reacts in the summer, though I am sure it will be the same result. though I'm averaging 12 MPG now, I dread what I will get with the AC cranked. I prefer windows down in the summer to AC most of the time anyway.
Please remember your mileage will suffer greatly in the winter months.
There use to be 12 different blends of Winter Gasoline.ā›½
It burns really fast. They use more alcohol. Or some other additive in the Winter months.
If you notice in the Summer months your mileage will improve quickly due to a different blend of gas.
Also in the Summer months you donā€™t remote start your vehicle to warm up the Seats and Steering Wheel.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Please remember your mileage will suffer greatly in the winter months.
There use to be 12 different blends of Winter Gasoline.ā›½
It burns really fast. They use more alcohol. Or some other additive in the Winter months.
If you notice in the Summer months your mileage will improve quickly due to a different blend of gas.
Also in the Summer months you donā€™t remote start your vehicle to warm up the Seats and Steering Wheel.
Yeah, MPG is my fault and in the summer will probably drop even more as I run it a little harder. I surely didn't buy this car for fuel economy

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
I reckon itā€™s something to do with the material on the windshields. The heat penetrates straight thru and being in CA - the sun is sharper around here - so yes I feel it too. Interestingly when I take my focus ST in the sun - the windshield seems to block some heat away.
No I do not have tinted windshields on both my babies.
Sponsored

Last edited: