• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone else find the cabin interior warm?

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2023 Mach-E GT, and 2017 S1000RR
Only warm as in it's comfy and I like being inside it. The car, that is :D.

For real, though. Oxford White and Ceramic tint makes for a very cool interior.
Sponsored

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Absolutely! On my last mustang I had 25% and hated it at night. With 50% I can see great at night and it’s like having the illusion of 35% during the day. I got Xpel prime nano ceramic tint and it’s been great for heat rejection as well as protection of the interior materials. If I did it again I might opt for 35% all the way around but might encounter some visibility issues at night. The link here will take you to some before and after pictures but I’ll tag some additional photos in this reply:
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/jedimindtrix’s-black-s650-mustang-gt-delivered.157799/?fbclid=PAZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAabHviOlVID7YaFppsWhpLfeGdJ6goqRaVmA558kXO9vkfRL_7On97oOmiY_aem_AXSID674Xb9PzLk_bZ7PwEA4pgr_ZuHNjkLH8vI9sVLusjCF6jQMAgIuU4CItJl_MLrxFjUIRQwc-5-IIza_yNEt

IMG_2355.jpeg

IMG_2354.jpeg

IMG_2352.jpeg
Just want to circle back around onto the subject of tint. I know you mentioned you have 50% nano ceramic tint all the way around. I have a tint appt scheduled here in about a week and a half and I'm still trying to figure out what %'s I want to have done. Again my biggest goal here is heat rejection and u/v protection. My night time vision isn't great right now without tint so I'm a little worried about going too dark and not being happy with it. You mentioned you had 25% on another Mustang and found it way too dark at night. Honestly I'm torn between going 50% all around or 35% all around. I see you also mentioned you may have encountered some visibility issues at night if you had opted for 35% all around. I believe our Mustangs have some sort of tint from the factory (at least on the side and rear windows) most likely in the neighborhood of around 75% give it take a few %. So I we layer on 50% over the factory tint of lets say 75 that gives us a metered tint value of somewhere around 38% whereas a 35% tint on top of the 75 factory yields about a 26% metered tint (again give or take).

Also I'm still not sure what (if anything) I want to do with the front windshield. I think for the time being I'll get the sides and back done and see how that goes as I can always get the front done at a later date if I deem it's necessary. I think 35% ceramic would be nice but in essence it would be close to 26% which may give me some night time driving issues especially if it's raining. How is your visibility out of the front windshield at night with 50%?

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Just want to circle back around onto the subject of tint. I know you mentioned you have 50% nano ceramic tint all the way around. I have a tint appt scheduled here in about a week and a half and I'm still trying to figure out what %'s I want to have done. Again my biggest goal here is heat rejection and u/v protection. My night time vision isn't great right now without tint so I'm a little worried about going too dark and not being happy with it. You mentioned you had 25% on another Mustang and found it way too dark at night. Honestly I'm torn between going 50% all around or 35% all around. I see you also mentioned you may have encountered some visibility issues at night if you had opted for 35% all around. I believe our Mustangs have some sort of tint from the factory (at least on the side and rear windows) most likely in the neighborhood of around 75% give it take a few %. So I we layer on 50% over the factory tint of lets say 75 that gives us a metered tint value of somewhere around 38% whereas a 35% tint on top of the 75 factory yields about a 26% metered tint (again give or take).

Also I'm still not sure what (if anything) I want to do with the front windshield. I think for the time being I'll get the sides and back done and see how that goes as I can always get the front done at a later date if I deem it's necessary. I think 35% ceramic would be nice but in essence it would be close to 26% which may give me some night time driving issues especially if it's raining. How is your visibility out of the front windshield at night with 50%?
Zero concern with visibility at night, with less than perfect vision. 50% is truly the way to go if your goal is UV and Heat Rejection. I do believe getting 35% would be a little too dark at night but perfect during the day. I have zero regrets with 50% and it’s done an outstanding job thus far.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Here's a little something...

I replaced my shifter with a short throw recently. Had a hell of a time reinstalling the big rubber boot.
Well, the next ride, i felt it was hotter than usual across the entire middle console.
Went back in to check, sure enough, it had popped off so hot air from the exhaust lines was coming in.

Finally was able to push it correctly in (it's a bit of a pain). Since, no heat...

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

Based on all your commentary and our discussions, I recommend for YOU:

Front: 75%
Driver/Passenger: 50%
Rear quarters and rear: 35%

You'll get the UV and IR protection you want, a cooler interior, and a nice look all around.

As a reminder of what I did:

Front: 50%
Driver/Passenger: 35%
Rear quarters and rear: 5%

Chuck319

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Just as another sample, this is 35% all around. Zero issues seeing at night and my night vision sucks...(it's hell to get old[er]). 😆

Here's a few different angles that hopefully give a good idea...

S650 Mustang Anyone else find the cabin interior warm? 1716946274400-yc

S650 Mustang Anyone else find the cabin interior warm? 1716946301171-z0

Looking through both side windows -
S650 Mustang Anyone else find the cabin interior warm? 1716946343631-fe
Sponsored