• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Documenting Oil Changes and General Maintenance.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 401a, Auto, AE, Atlas Blue
So what are you guys using to document oil changes and general maintenance? I usually buy stuff either from Amazon or Walmart. Do you upload receipts to Ford Pass or use something different? TIA
Sponsored

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So what are you guys using to document oil changes and general maintenance? I usually buy stuff either from Amazon or Walmart. Do you upload receipts to Ford Pass or use something different? TIA
Just made note in fordpass, service history. I think they ask for the date, miles, and total expense.
S650 Mustang Documenting Oil Changes and General Maintenance. Screenshot_20240522_214344_FordPass

new_edge_04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 06 Mustang GT, 16 F-150, 19 Edge ST
You can use the free Carfax Car Care app but I don’t think you can upload receipts. I use an app called AUTOsist that does receipts as well as maintenance reminders. It’s pretty comprehensice. You can also log in on a PC/Mac web browser.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I upload the stuff in FordPass. I attach images of odometer and the products i use. I also write the date of the change on the filter and take a pic as well.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 401a, Auto, AE, Atlas Blue
Thanks all for the great advice!

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
This may seem like a dumb question, but I do not intend to do any maintenance MYSELF. I'll let the Ford dealer do it. Will THEY upload the documentation to FordPass or do I have to do it?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
This may seem like a dumb question, but I do not intend to do any maintenance MYSELF. I'll let the Ford dealer do it. Will THEY upload the documentation to FordPass or do I have to do it?
You'll typically see a record when you bring your car in for any service, but (a) it's not guaranteed and (b) it's not only very generic, but often WRONG.

Bottom line, whether you are doing all your own service or having it done somewhere, keep all your receipts. Note date and mileage on anything that doesn't have it. Keep a paper copy OR digitize them and keep them in a safe place (e.g., Dropbox).

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
You'll typically see a record when you bring your car in for any service, but (a) it's not guaranteed and (b) it's not only very generic, but often WRONG.

Bottom line, whether you are doing all your own service or having it done somewhere, keep all your receipts. Note date and mileage on anything that doesn't have it. Keep a paper copy OR digitize them and keep them in a safe place (e.g., Dropbox).
Thanks! I always keep the paper records.

shepshep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I personally always use the dealership for service work until the factory warranty has expired.
Sponsored