• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang?

What do you think of the new bent rear lights?

• Total voters

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
The decklid panel is an odd little piece of "tradition" that has its pros and cons. I mean, there were black panels on, what, three years of the first gen? And so thirty-odd years later it got brought back as an aftermarket piece for the s197s and Ford finally added it on in production for two years of that generation and then carried it into the current version. And since then, everyone complains that it's hard to keep clean, often isn't properly fit, scratches easily...but when the designers take it away again, it's proof that Ford doesn't know anything about Mustang heritage.

Wha-huh?

I guess the black panel's classier than chrome holes in the fenders, but it's no more a design essential.
Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the hell of it I decided to paste up a quick illustration/comparison of the 650 and Camaro rear ends:

S650 Mustang Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang? 1663548230839

The obvious conclusion, IMO, is:

• Yep, they're similar; and
  • The Mustang is a lot better looking car. :crackup:

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
For the hell of it I decided to paste up a quick illustration/comparison of the 650 and Camaro rear ends:

1663548230839.png

The obvious conclusion, IMO, is:

• Yep, they're similar; and
  • The Mustang is a lot better looking car. :crackup:
I think the mustang rear has more character than the camaro

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
One good thing about a modular taillight assembly, if you don't like it, you can always buy an aftermarket assembly. Over the years, I have seen many S197 taillights changed out to LED.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
This picture right here has me loving the tails! But when you see it as a whole, the rear is the worst part for me. Squished lights, bulky plastic creeping all the way up the bumper like the new wrx...idk hoping seeing it in person it'll grow on me
It's definitely a nod to the Mach E (they have a similar light bar). I know that will immediately piss a number of people off, but I see where they got their inspiration from.

That said, I like the tail lights, and I actually (mostly) like the front. The one thing I am not 100 percent sold on is the front louvered intake. Now, I've heard that they are doing dual throttle bodies, and I've seen one supposed picture of the engine under the hood. The problem I see is that the intakes are routed to both sides of the engine bay in that photo, meaning that the louvered intake...isn't an intake. I would actually much rather see them trying to get hot air out from under the hood rather than see them trying to jam more air in under the hood.
S650 Mustang Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang? 24 Mustang under hood

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like everything from the doors back better than the 550 - except the lights themselves, which i kinda like. :crackup:

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
It's definitely a nod to the Mach E (they have a similar light bar). I know that will immediately piss a number of people off, but I see where they got their inspiration from.

That said, I like the tail lights, and I actually (mostly) like the front. The one thing I am not 100 percent sold on is the front louvered intake. Now, I've heard that they are doing dual throttle bodies, and I've seen one supposed picture of the engine under the hood. The problem I see is that the intakes are routed to both sides of the engine bay in that photo, meaning that the louvered intake...isn't an intake. I would actually much rather see them trying to get hot air out from under the hood rather than see them trying to jam more air in under the hood.
24 Mustang under hood.jpeg
I could be wrong but I believe what you're referring to (louvre on the hood) is more of a heat extractor.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
no real opinion here. i like the overall look, either way. 67-68's were concave like these except not "chiseled" and 69-70's changed slightly from both those years to give same/similar effect, so i think it goes with the new design fine.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
no real opinion here. i like the overall look, either way. 67-68's were concave like these except not "chiseled" and 69-70's changed slightly from both those years to give same/similar effect, so i think it goes with the new design fine.
THANK YOU GOD! Finally someone that understands S650 actually has MORE retro cues than S550 - especially in the rear haunches.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, I always thought the '18 rear lights were a nice nod to the '67/'68 concave look (the '15-'17 being more like the '65-'66)........but the '24 is even more of a nod to the '67!

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8; 2023 Bronco on order
Not a fan. I miss the '15-'17 Mustang look. That was the best overall look to me. Glad I'm sitting this generation out. Got a C8 this time. But glad I can still be in the Ford family (waiting for a Bronco order).

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1, 1991 Mustang GT
I like the look of the s550s but there a pita to clean/dry.
Sponsored