• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang?

What do you think of the new bent rear lights?

• Total voters

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Edge
I really did not like them at first. They are growing on me; the more I see up close pictures and see the detail, the more I warm up to them. As of right now, they wouldn't be a deal killer. The more I see them, I'm sure, the more I'll get used to them.
Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I don't want a black panel,but would sure look at some Raxiom lights.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
They are in fact disproportionately small for the rear end. They need to come down further to be in line with the lowest portion of the trunk and thereby making a straight line from taillight-trunk-taillight. That would've fixed the whole thing.

S650 Improvement.JPG
Looks great in white!
Is it me? I see a lot of Charger/Camaro design cues.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
These are right off the Mach-E ! Only difference is the tops of the MACH-E are clear and flash amber. Ford keeps reusing parts from other models to keep the creative cost down. Why doesn't the buyer see those cost savings? The Mach-E is not a Mustang. It should have been marketed on it's own and not part of the Mustang family
What? They are not even close besides being 3 bars.
S650 Mustang Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang? 1663338184028-

S650 Mustang Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang? 1663359305704

DutchPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT EU
Glad they aren't hideous like the Mach E but it is a step down. Although far better than the 1994 - 1998 tails, don't know what Ford was thinking there.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
This is how you do tail lights with that technology (diffused LED i guess). notice how the lit up part is used sparingly, it has a gradient, and the black surrounds all of it. gives it a real classy look.

S650 Mustang Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang? 1663360640143

with the mustang tails its just bit flat blocks. no texture, just looks cheap.

Reactions: DRB

Podsadka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
All I can think of is how much easier to clean the new lights will be - they might even get clean in an automatic car wash!

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
Does anyone know if the whole red vs clear, eu to non eu thing will happen this time as well?
I'm in Australia and I love the clear ones on the s550

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've also noticed that it seems to be a trend amongst most/all car manufacturers
Is for the front/rear lights to become smaller and less in your face, it does give a more sophisticated/mature look

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've also noticed that it seems to be a trend amongst most/all car manufacturers
Is for the front/rear lights to become smaller and less in your face, it does give a more sophisticated/mature look
To some degree it's a form-follows-function thing. Newer technologies bring new design freedoms. Why are we imitating the proportions of exterior lights from forty years ago (to the extent that we are)? Because folks "know" how a car is supposed to look?

To state the obvious, Mustangs have been evolving away from the old-fashioned headlight set-up since the 2010 refresh.

The damndest thing about EV design is watching the designers try to figure out what to do with the "grille space" in the fascia. Few of them seem to have good ideas about that. Mach-E is a good example of a bad example IMO.

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To some degree it's a form-follows-function thing. Newer technologies bring new design freedoms. Why are we imitating the proportions of exterior lights from forty years ago (to the extent that we are)? Because folks "know" how a car is supposed to look?

The damndest thing about EV design is watching the designers try to figure out what to do with the "grille space" in the fascia. Few of them seem to have good ideas about that.
Impossible to replicate but imagine the s550 and s650 were switched around

People (Including me) Would be saying Ford has gone from a Sleeker/Subtler look to a More bolder, But simpler and back towards a Mustang roots!

But I think fast forward 10+ Years people will prefer teh s650

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the rear of the car and the taillights in particular look fantastic from this angle:

(Original image found here: Link)

S650 Mustang Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang? b0297003-c980-468a-a113-f2bd87220fac-jpeg-

Last edited:

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
I think the rear of the car and the taillights in particular look fantastic from this angle:

(Original image found here: Link)

b0297003-c980-468a-a113-f2bd87220fac-jpeg-jpg.jpg
I agree that angle is perfect. I hope they will include auto dimming for long redlights while standing on the break pedal with the auto tranny? They look very bright. They look nice with no light

S650 Mustang Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang? CLOSEUP
Sponsored

Reactions: DRB