• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do we think the 19 x 11 rear wheels & tires available on the Dark Horse would fit in the rear wheel wells of a GT ?

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Pretty sure I will be changing out the wheels at some point. Just curious if anyone knows. I imagine the GT & the Dark Horse have the same rear wheel wells but this is my first Mustang since an 89 Fox Body so I'm not familiar with the S550 / S650 platform.
Sponsored

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
I would assume so for sure.

I will want to do some sort of a wider 275/305 wheel/tire combo as well. No clue as to what ones yet though lol. Maybe RTR Tech 7's...

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I would assume so for sure.

I will want to do some sort of a wider 275/305 wheel/tire combo as well. No clue as to what ones yet though lol. Maybe RTR Tech 7's...
I found some silver looking APEX wheels I like and some blue VOLK wheels I like. I might just copy the Dark Horse tire sizes in hopes that I don't experience tire rub although my suspension in a non-track pack GT is probably going to be a little softer than the Dark Horse.

S650 Mustang Do we think the 19 x 11 rear wheels & tires available on the Dark Horse would fit in the rear wheel wells of a GT ? Silver Wheel

S650 Mustang Do we think the 19 x 11 rear wheels & tires available on the Dark Horse would fit in the rear wheel wells of a GT ? Blue Wheel

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
Pretty sure I will be changing out the wheels at some point. Just curious if anyone knows. I imagine the GT & the Dark Horse have the same rear wheel wells but this is my first Mustang since an 89 Fox Body so I'm not familiar with the S550 / S650 platform.
19x11 and 20x11 are very common sizes for aftermarket rear wheels on S550 GTs, so it should be safe to assume they'll fit on the S650 GT.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
When confirming the diameter and width, see if anyone can confirm that rim's offset.

On the S550 rims I've seen, the offset # is marked as part of the casting process, on the back of the rim.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Iā€™m curious if there will be any issues clearing the new performance pack rear brakes. The only specs of any kind I can find are for the front and thereā€™s not a lot of detail.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Iā€™m curious if there will be any issues clearing the new performance pack rear brakes. The only specs of any kind I can find are for the front and thereā€™s not a lot of detail.
Based on many years of changing wheels on cars, I have yet to see an issue with rear brake clearance, if you you clear the front brakes.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I found some silver looking APEX wheels I like and some blue VOLK wheels I like. I might just copy the Dark Horse tire sizes in hopes that I don't experience tire rub although my suspension in a non-track pack GT is probably going to be a little softer than the Dark Horse.

Silver Wheel.jpg

Blue Wheel.jpg
which volk wheels are these? have loved volks/rays since seeing them on 240's, GTR's, etc. These things are making me drool

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I believe the offsets are the same. I saw Ford Performance offering a lot of the S550 parts for the S650 as well.
Sponsored