• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealer Test drive refusal?!?!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Hello there stranger, haven’t noticed you in these parts. I see you’ve got a wild ride there. We only have two establishments. Test and trial, thataway, to have and hold the other direction. You say you wanna try this here one but openly relay you really aren’t interested, sorry kid, hold just a second new customer just strolled in.
Sponsored

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I prefer scotch and (Irish) whiskey (Islay and Highland are where most of my favs come from), which of course are meant to be sipped and enjoyed. I leave the shots to those who have livers that have not been punished as much as mine ... :crackup:
Jameson or Redbreast?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
So I had a dealer experience where they tried to address it from both sides…

Took my Mach and parked it at the showroom door and went in asking to drive the DH HP manual sitting outside. They knew I was a potential buyer but said they want to keep the miles down on it so I can drive it but only if we first agree on numbers. If we come up with a deal I can drive it before signing anything. Hadn’t experienced that approach before.

Ended up not driving it because they wanted my car at 5,000 miles on the odometer with double the monthly payment and I wasn’t quick enough to stifle a laugh.

OP
OP

Monte87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Raptor Atlas Blue
He seen you drive in with a new Raptor Truck. His first thought I would think why are you not at the dealer where you got the truck?
naghhhhh, i dont think so. I bought truck in NJ and was home in NY.. my dealership in jersey, didnt have any dark horses in stock, sadly

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Jameson or Redbreast?
The only time we drink Jameson is in mixed drinks ... :giggle:

I prefer the peaty, mossy stuff from the Islay and Highland regions of Scotland, but do enjoy some Irish whisky, too. Some of my current favs and/or daily drinkers, in no particular order except for the first one:
  • Lagavulin 16 (my current #1 fav)
  • Johnnie Walker Blue
  • Ardbeg 10 and Corryvreckan
  • Highland Park 12
  • Knappogue Castle 12
  • Teeling Small Batch (rum cask finished)
  • Dalwhinnie 15
  • Aberfeldy 12 (great taste and great value!)

Last edited:

ShelbyMilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DH
Just be here more frequently and you will notice that he has many forum fights with others.

Always wants to win an argument. Even when it's about a paperclip, he will destroy the topic and moan page after page about how wrong somebody is.

Some type of psychological damage he had to deal with in his childhood and thinks he has to do the same to others now.
I had to ignore RoadPilots post all together. You can do this by clicking on their name and ignore. The only user here I ever had to ignore. I just don't value his comments

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
I'm back and I apologize if this is considered off-topic, but is there a general consensus as to what comprises a vehicle's OTD price? And also in general, is paying MSRP a bad thing if you can afford it? (If not, how much percentage off the MSRP should I be looking for?)

Billycar11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Grand Prix
I'm back and I apologize if this is considered off-topic, but is there a general consensus as to what comprises a vehicle's OTD price? And also in general, is paying MSRP a bad thing if you can afford it? (If not, how much percentage off the MSRP should I be looking for?)
on a Dark Horse i would not expect anything off but dont pay over sticker.

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible

I prefer the peaty, mossy stuff from the Islay and Highland regions of Scotland, but do enjoy some Irish whisky, too. Some of my current favs and/or daily drinkers, in no particular order except for the first one:
  • Lagavulin 16 (my current #1 fav)
  • Johnnie Walker Blue
  • Ardbeg 10 and Corryvreckan
  • Highland Park 12
  • Knappogue Castle 12
  • Teeling Small Batch (rum cask finished)
  • Dalwhinnie 15
  • Aberfeldy 12 (great taste and great value!)
Great to know. Not really this forum topic. Back in my drinking days, I loved most single malts. Never found a bad one. Loved the unique taste. Went to the Jameson distillery years ago and truly enjoyed the tour. I am more of a gin man now and also enjoy most arak brands.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
...is there a general consensus as to what comprises a vehicle's OTD price?

...is paying MSRP a bad thing if you can afford it? (If not, how much percentage off the MSRP should I be looking for?)
You'll get a wide variety of responses on these topics, for several reasons: personalities, location, definition, current market, etc.

I saw my OTD price as this:

Car (presented as ordered, with no dealer add-ons)
Tax
Registration (1st year)
Doc fees
Insurance (1st year)

OTD for me was what was it going to cost to drive it off the lot.

Regarding pricing, it depends.

The initial offer for my car was MSRP+Add-ons ($1300)+$5K premium. That was haggled down to MSRP +no add-ons+$650 premium. At that time, a $5K premium was normal in many areas of the country. Add-ons and other "surprises" can sometimes catch the unexpected.

I paid what I considered to be a fair price, getting exactly the build I wanted. Could I have found a cheaper buy somewhere else? Yes. I know I could have. But, there were two other factors affecting my decision: a remote location and shipping.

Once I factored in the cost of travel/drive back or shipping and any issues which would have occurred, the price was even. And now it was local. I could see the car as it arrived and discuss any concerns directly with the salesperson, versus the potential for a remote dealer and shipper pointing fingers at each other.

And the above paragraph was used during negotiations. "For $X, I can buy the car I want from this site and have it shipped. If you match that, I'll give you the order."

I was promising them a hassle-free buy. MSRP secured them a fair profit for placing an order. I got the exact car I wanted from a dealer moments away. They were happy. I was happy.

None of us can predict the future or what the market is going to be. From some existing threads and Googling, you should get a general feel for what a vehicle is going to be selling for in your area today.

If you're comfortable with the deal presented and have a sense things worked out OK, that's a good sign. If you have a feeling something is not clear, incorrect, pressure or you're at less than the fair end of a trade, it's probably best to pause and discuss with someone else.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
Here in the MD/VA area 10% off a GT is the norm, and 15% is not out of the question for an off the lot purchase.
On a DH, if you can get a couple of thousand off you should buy it.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
I just received a bottle of Aberfeldy 21 as a gift, can't wait to get into it this weekend with one of the Cubans I've been hoarding...

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox

I prefer the peaty, mossy stuff from the Islay and Highland regions of Scotland
My man!!
I have a hardcore scotch collection as well… I have got to share something for you to try

casamigos mezcal …. It’s a smoked tequila

I was jaw dropped from the 1st sip… if you get the chance to try, it’s like it was made for elite scotch snobs.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
Good one! A friend's parents brought about 6-8 back from a cruise for me. Down to about 3 :(
When I worked at Lexus, I had a steady source for them by the box, but no more.
Sponsored