• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

De-Badging

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I’m just realizing that. I’m almost 50 and quit social media over a decade ago. This is/was new to me. I did many more mods yesterday but I shall refrain from posting. Thanks for the advice. Gonna let my account fizzle and fade. Adieu.
Please don't refrain from posting. We'd love to see any and all mods you do. Just try to be thick skinned because if you post something you are essentially soliciting opinions, even if you didn't ask for any. That's how forums work. Don't let negative reactions scare you off. Your car, make it your own however you choose.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
And people won't approach and discuss the badges new home? I'm confused.
Now when they say, you should’ve got a dark horse they can open the door and say we did. Little bit of custom sleeper there… if badging is the only mod not gonna hurt value in the least bit, go chopping at the exhaust or cutting up the intake and there may be a hit but badges are dime a dozen.

OP
OP
Mark & Jenn

Mark & Jenn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 Dually 2017 F150 5.0 2024 Dark Horse
I will try to clarify as best as I can….

the badges DID disappoint me when I first discovered the car. As I mentioned i always wanted a Mustang 5.0. But that didn’t cause the removal. After the first several months. We noticed the strong attraction to those badges. Mostly by the TikTok generation. Mostly when we went to cities. And they mostly didn’t have clue about the car or Mustangs or ever often have a brain cell I could enlighten them with.
Mostly asking if it was a Hellcat or a Demon or whatnot. Dumb. Go away.

Then one night, in a city. We were chased down more than other nights by more unsavoury characters. Always. Ideoing. And then some we literally had to shake off. Because of that plastic badge.

Then my wife, giving our young nephew a ride on a roller coaster county road was again chased down by someone and they pulled her over. With the small child. Because of that plastic badge. And then I decided to remove them. And found the holes.

This Is truck country. Nobody cares about your little Mustang. Unless maybe you have something on the deck lid that means something to them …. GT. That means something. They don’t know what that the horse means.
As for the tailgate badges. The truck people don’t even know about them. The TikTok generation isn’t coming over to us to talk about a Dark Horse badge on some Mom truck or farm dually.

a Mustang or DH or even a Ford fan that knows my tailgate badge may approach but it has not happened yet. I don’t think you guys are aware of how rare a DH is in these parts. We’ve only ever seen one other one the roads since Nov.

Lastly. Not having social media I was looking for some thumbs up from Mustangers & never fathomed (or forgot) that people would go on the internet to tell somebody their car sucks or is ruined.
You guys enjoy your carbon copy Dark Horses. Ours is a unicorn.

We love ALL the Mustangs. And all the Fords.

UniqueDoug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboost
The Interwebz is not always a warm and fuzzy place. While most here will likely share positive feelings about Mustangs and your modifications, you're always going to find people who don't necessarily agree with you.

Keys to success aka good life skills:
  1. Sense of humor
  2. Thick skin
  3. Good work ethic.
On discussion forums, #1 and #2 are mandatory and go hand-in-hand. Otherwise, as momma always said, "If you can't handle the heat, get out of the fire."
Despite the convenience and entertainment it provides, ironically "social" media (and the internet) will be recorded as one of worst inventions for our social fabric. We're already seeing it with studies in regards to kids and bullying/mental health/suicide.

[Grand Pa Voice], Back in the old days (I'm 55), incessant words and behavior that required one to have "thick skin" usually got dealt with after school or on the playground, but keyboard bravado has eliminated that risk for the antagonists.

That being said, I haven't seen anything in this thread that crossed the line from playful dissenting opinions to bullying/personal attacks. If you're looking to test your skin depth, I can direct any interested to a forum I left 6 months ago, a cesspool filled with angry old men and worn out keyboards.

OP
OP
Mark & Jenn

Mark & Jenn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 Dually 2017 F150 5.0 2024 Dark Horse
Very eloquent. Well said. I’ll pass on the mean forum. I’m contemplating posting more pics. Haha.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Very eloquent. Well said. I’ll pass on the mean forum. I’m contemplating posting more pics. Haha.

As long as you come to the understanding that everyone's car is better then yours....you will fit in just fine....

As a oil burning rattle apart any moment no torque having named after a dead guy GT350R owner- I get tons of abuse

Oh and I cant forget my oil burning truck with the 10 speed auto that should be self destructing any day now...

S650 owners - did I miss any insults or did I get them all on my S550? lol

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
You guys are going to make the OP re-badge his DH and go back to the hell that is real life compliments...shame on you!

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Where we come from, a Dark Horse is a very rare car, and I’m told everyone knows of the DH from Social Media. Our first several months with the first DH in Western Canada, we were constantly approached and badgered at every available opportunity to discuss the car. Not a fan. So we changed the badges to GT….. & now people just say “nice car” & walk on by. Very pleased with our decision. Has anyone else debadged their DH yet?
41BE62C7-FD7B-4F3D-B404-75BA904EAEB0.jpeg

3A3A9C3E-57A2-421F-9D8D-3FE0D32D3704.jpeg
9DB34D7B-12D5-43CB-B4AA-6C8AF4281735.jpeg
1FC3BD79-D97F-4B09-BEFB-1085C702028B.jpeg
One of the weirdest flexes I’ve seen in a long time.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Now when they say, you should’ve got a dark horse they can open the door and say we did.
But the entire reason they removed them was because they didn't want to be asked about their DH ...

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please don't refrain from posting. We'd love to see any and all mods you do. Just try to be thick skinned because ...
I don't think one needs to be THICK skinned. One just can't be too thin-skinned ... :)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Despite the convenience and entertainment it provides, ironically "social" media (and the internet) will be recorded as one of worst inventions for our social fabric. We're already seeing it with studies in regards to kids and bullying/mental health/suicide.

[Grand Pa Voice], Back in the old days (I'm 55), incessant words and behavior that required one to have "thick skin" usually got dealt with after school or on the playground, but keyboard bravado has eliminated that risk for the antagonists.

That being said, I haven't seen anything in this thread that crossed the line from playful dissenting opinions to bullying/personal attacks. If you're looking to test your skin depth, I can direct any interested to a forum I left 6 months ago, a cesspool filled with angry old men and worn out keyboards.
So true. If anyone thinks what's been posted here is mean-spirited over over the line, they've been living under a rock!

Ask my wife: I tell her all the time that, if I could snap my fingers and ALL forms of social media and mobile devices (not phones, but anything with a screen accessing social media diappeared, putting us back to pre-1990s (at the latest), I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Other than some discussion forums based on my hobbies and vehicles, I signed off of everything related to social media YEARS ago ... it's been great. I got a huge part of my life back.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Post away!

If people don't like something, who cares?! Just tell them: Hey, it's my car, my money, my choice, so bugger off ... or eat a bag of richards :cwl: