• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

De-Badging

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I guess nobody in this group had heard of customizing your vehicle before. Too bad. There’s so many options these days. I suppose when I get the DH vinyl airbrushed on the hood, and tint more lights, & drop in a Whipple, y’all’ll hate that too. I love everybody’s Mustang.
Save the passive-aggressive, you got remarkably little negative feedback by online forum standards. I can't imagine a DH drawing such a troublesome amount of attention but will accept it is true in your experience. Trust me, no GT owner is thinking you are a GT wannabe. Now if you had done it the other way around you'd be tarred and feathered I suspect. I'm not sure what you wanted from this but sorry we didn't deliver for you.
Sponsored

rrbrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I guess nobody in this group had heard of customizing your vehicle before. Too bad. There’s so many options these days. I suppose when I get the DH vinyl airbrushed on the hood, and tint more lights, & drop in a Whipple, y’all’ll hate that too. I love everybody’s Mustang.
No one is really hating on your car it's just a bit of a weird look, especially with your reason for doing it. It's kind of pointless to me because the first thing I notice on a Dark Horse is the front bumper not the badges. It's completely different and really noticeable.

If you're set on debadging the car I think adding the Air Design decklid instead of the GT badge would look pretty cool. I haven't seen it done to any cars other than a couple at SEMA.

https://accessories.ford.com/mustan...-trunk-applique-exterior-trim-vpr3z99425a34a/

UniqueDoug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboost
Ford made a specific point to NOT have any obvious/clearly visible "Ford" badging on the DH.

I used to get a ton of compliments and questions on my 2017 F350 Powerstroke CrewCab 4x4. No way in heck would I ever thought of removing the badges and replacing them with F150 badges.
Fwiw there is no Ford badging on my EB, unless you count the aforementioned Ford on the windshield.

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
anyone who knows Mustangs will still know it is a Dark Horse by the different body styling, wheels, exhaust, wing, etc.

OP
OP
Mark & Jenn

Mark & Jenn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 Dually 2017 F150 5.0 2024 Dark Horse
We were/are not trying to device nor thought we would deceive anyone. And when car people recognize & approach we engage in conversation. I’ve wanted a Mustang GT 5.0 my whole life & now when I’m ready to get one the one I wanted didn’t even say 5.0 on it. My DH IS a GT and it IS 5.0.

The badges found a good home. They’re just plastics you know. Soft plastic even.
882AD713-D7D5-47A7-A48C-2681D04703EC.jpeg
1AD243CA-BAED-41BD-A1B9-0D27B33F4BB9.jpeg

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Sure we have. But swapping lower model badges onto a higher model vehicle is not the type of "customizing" anyone I know has ever done.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We were/are not trying to device nor thought we would deceive anyone.
I don't think anyone here thought you were trying to deceive anyone.

My DH IS a GT and it IS 5.0.
Well, my Dark Horse is a Mustang, but it's not a GT.

And it's not a 5.0, but it has a 5.0L motor.

The badges found a good home. They’re just plastics you know. Soft plastic even.
First Dark Horse F150 !!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fwiw there is no Ford badging on my EB, unless you count the aforementioned Ford on the windshield.
I actually misspoke. It had something to do with the running pony with the only badging having that being the running pony in the front grille. I don't recall completely - I blame it on old age!

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
@Mark & Jenn it's your car, do what you want to it. If you look to sell the car it will probably hurt your resale value not having the DH emblems on the car. As one who initially was looking to get into a DH (long story of dealers who wanted a lot of ADM, but ended up with my GT which I actually like better than the DH I was looking to build once I saw the differences in person between the trim levels) I find it strange to take off the badges that make it such a special Mustang. To each his/her own. As long as y'all are happy that's all that matters regardless of what I, or anyone else, says.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Mark & Jenn it's your car, do what you want to it. If you look to sell the car it will probably hurt your resale value not having the DH emblems on the car. As one who initially was looking to get into a DH (long story of dealers who wanted a lot of ADM, but ended up with my GT which I actually like better than the DH I was looking to build once I saw the differences in person between the trim levels) I find it strange to take off the badges that make it such a special Mustang. To each his/her own. As long as y'all are happy that's all that matters regardless of what I, or anyone else, says.
While I agree generally agree with your sentiments, I can also say that, if you're going to post things on Internet discussion forums, don't be surprised if a bunch of people speak up and give you their opinion - positive AND negative.

Because that's exactly what these forums are for.

Public discussion forums are not echo chambers. If one can't handle the feedback, then it's probably best if one refrains from posting about said thing ... ;)

ShelbyMilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DH
If you dig the "custom job"...like it or not...your are giving Ford ideas for their "Dark Horse" Line of Vehicles. :)

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
well as a truck rednec

There’s four badges on the cover. 👍🏻
B90C63BA-DC61-45A2-B1EF-B8F4AC3F6274.jpeg
man’s in black and white. Great composition and angle. I’m guessing you’re a little more like me than I thought with artistic sensibilities. Perhaps that had something to do with the rebadge? Or maybe it was randoms trying to race all the time? LOL

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
It just doesn't add up to me. The only thing that makes sense is if the OP really doesn't like the DH badge and prefers the GT 5.0 badges. Which I have no problem with. Somebody so willing to cavalierly customize their Mustang but cares how people react is oxymoronic to me.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m just realizing that. I’m almost 50 and quit social media over a decade ago. This is/was new to me. I did many more mods yesterday but I shall refrain from posting. Thanks for the advice. Gonna let my account fizzle and fade. Adieu.
The Interwebz is not always a warm and fuzzy place. While most here will likely share positive feelings about Mustangs and your modifications, you're always going to find people who don't necessarily agree with you.

Keys to success aka good life skills:
  1. Sense of humor
  2. Thick skin
  3. Good work ethic.
On discussion forums, #1 and #2 are mandatory and go hand-in-hand. Otherwise, as momma always said, "If you can't handle the heat, get out of the fire."
Sponsored