• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse WRECKED in transit!!!!

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
There is alot more damage than just the plastic shield. Yes that was ripped off, but I think the healight is cracked (due to condensation in it) and some other clips or something of that nature are broken in the bumper.
They all get condensation in the headlights. Mine does as well. So does my friends s650 🤔 You saw the broken clips?
Sponsored

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I am leaning toward this. I have been cross shopping the C8s while waiting for my Dark Horse.
Sorry that you have to deal with it. It sucks. Hope you find a C8. :like:

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Sucks to have that happen, but the damage doesn't seem bad at all. Just a new shield. And that probably keeps the bumper from moving as well.

If it were me, I'd probably take it and have them fix the car, which they said they'd do.

Nice looking car! 👍
My "viable" options to me are.

1) Refuse car and request my deposit back.
2) Wait until the car is fixed to evaluate before I purchase.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They all get condensation in the headlights. Mine does as well. So does my friends s650 🤔 You saw the broken clips?
I saw broken clips at the bottom where the plastic piece was connected, and the clips to the wheel well lining on the drivers side were broken form the bumper. But something is loose under the headlight. It squeaks really bad when I moved the bumper.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ask yourself - did you buy a brand new car or a wrecked car that’s been repaired?

I know we have all been waiting a long time for our deliveries and it’s hard to refuse a delivery, but take into consideration you paid for a brand new car
I agree and this is no longer a brand new car. It is a wrecked brand new care.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Now we know what happened to your car. The rail line damaged the car and the truck hauler spotted it. The normal procedure is to get the rail to acknowledge the damage so the trucker's insurance doesn't pay the damage. Nobody at the rail yard would sign the paperwork so the trucker wouldn't accept the car.
The way I see it is if you really want the C8, go for it. If instead you want the dark horse, keep this one and get it fully repaired. If you don't, it will probably be 6 months or more before you can get a replacement as it's not likely to be produced before spring at best. The damage is probably fairly minor and replacing a few parts should restore it to new condition.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I have a 1 inch gouge in the front of my car from shipping and nobody wants to do anything about it.
Guess what, I love this car and a little damage isn't going to bother me.
Just get your shield replaced and stop worrying about "4-6mm" of flex on something you're never gonna touch.

Honestly sounds like you've already decided against the DH and the inconvenience of delivery was pushing you over the edge. It sucks but I think shipping is part of the "car lottery"; you either win and get a perfect car. or you don't and lose a splash shield or get a ding in your bumper.

I think you should keep the car.

John boschma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Wow, allot of the responses in here sound like a bunch of entitled brats wearing skinny jeans and hair buns.
I would not squeal about a piece of plastic. It's nothing structural, no paint work or major repairs needed.
Take the car if it's what you really wanted, have the dealer make the necessary repair.
But it seems to me the o.p. is looking for an excuse to back out on the car because he really wants a Vette.
And that's fine, buy what you really want. But I wouldn't fret over a piece of plastic.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
I'm sorry this happened.

If it were me, I'd probably get a full evaluation of the extent of the repairs needed then make a decision. My car had an area where there was some paint touch-up done and a part replaced on the rear fascia (black part) before I got it. The dealership was quick about it (just a few days).

By the way, if you get a C8 Corvette Stingray, they are awesome cars but they are not immune to the damage before delivery, as I'm sure you know. Also, I suspect you are probably aware of the DCT failures that are still occurring in this 4th year of production. While no one can say for sure what percentage are affected, I see enough posts of people finding this on their Stingrays and Z06s that I paused on getting one. I especially think long and hard about it because some people report the repairs are taking multiple months to complete (parts availability). I'm not bad mouthing that car at all. I would surely love to jump into one.

Again, I'm sorry you are dealing with this :-(

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Mans acts like a train hit the car and was repaired. It’s your choice but still. Imagine waiting all this time to just change your mind like that becuase something you probably will never see unless you actually work on your vehicle.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Regarding the comments of the headlights, I'd consider getting the issue evaluated and documented. They should maintain a good seal and should not have moisture inside. The lens assemblies are not cheap. Nice to get them replaced for free under warranty.

Last edited:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Do not accept that car man.

I took a paint flawed 2022 Timberline. (Found the damage an hour after delivery) The dealer had to repaint the driver side fender, and blend the door. In process, they broke the inner door handle assembly. It was on back order for three weeks. Got it back after 30 days of not having it, only to see the same defect in another area of the paint on the rear door. Two more weeks and a broken lower trim panel later, they repainted it. Of course the body shop paint wasn't the same as factory. (Was better actually) and it stood out unfortunately.

Again, do not take that car. Just my experience and two cents.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Regarding the comments of the headlights, I'd consider getting the issue evaluated and documented. They should maintain a good seal and should not have moisture inside. The lens assemblies are not cheap. Nice to get them replaced for free under warranty.
I don't think that's true. With the s550 at least, they have vents and Ford says condensation is normal in the headlights. I assume the same for the s650. I know my s650 has had some condensation in there under certain circumstances and so did my s550. Also my friend has an s650 that was built a couple months after mine and his has had some condensation 🤷🏻‍♂️

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/anybody-have-this-issue-headlight-condensation.33275/

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
With the s550 at least, they have vents and Ford says condensation is normal in the headlights. I assume the same for the s650.
Touch'e. I tip my hat to you Sir. Doesn't seem right, but yes, it is part of the overall design to vent.

https://dealer.parts.ford.com/shop/...dlight-housing-vent-valve-front-p-am5z13c126a

Edit: the vents are there to help with changes in air pressure. Condensation is a byproduct of the temperature changes that often come with differences in those pressures.

Last edited:

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt