• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Vinyl Hood Decals

accharger66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'65 Nova Wagon, '71 Demon, '19 GT350, '69 GTS Dart
Just thought I would see if there is anyone here that has removed the hideous hood vinyl decals from their Dark Horse. First thing I plan on doing is ripping those off, but would like to see if anyone else has done the same. Blue Ember specifically.
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
No touchy touchy!! Its part of the Dark Horse look and enhances the package. Its what the designers intended for it to look like. I'm sure the removed hood stripes from the DH would look fine anyway though.

Completely your decision since it is your car. You can do whatever you want to it of course. They are just vinyl stripes so super easy if you ever want to put another set back on the car, but I said the same thing to the dudes that were removing their stripes from the Mach 1s. Its part of the car, just seems strange to me when folks take parts of the identity away from the machine.

Obviously you are just talking about removing stripes, but one guy I remember got a black Bullitt and changed out the grille, rear decklid, wheels.. like why not just buy the GT at that point if the parts that make it special are removed?

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Just thought I would see if there is anyone here that has removed the hideous hood vinyl decals from their Dark Horse. First thing I plan on doing is ripping those off, but would like to see if anyone else has done the same. Blue Ember specifically.
Tons of guys removed the stripes off the Mach 1s for a cleaner look... might want to check out the S550 Mach 1 forums

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Not that I consider them hideous, but I would be tempted to replace them with old school Shelby racing stripes. Is that what you had in mind?

My wife hates racing stripes though...she says the "hideous" decals are much nicer.

OP
OP
accharger66

accharger66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not that I consider them hideous, but I would be tempted to replace them with old school Shelby racing stripes. Is that what you had in mind?

My wife hates racing stripes though...she says the "hideous" decals are much nicer.
I would just remove them and not put anything back in their place. They just cover too much area of the hood. Especially with Blue Ember, which I think less of it being covered is better.

OP
OP
accharger66

accharger66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No touchy touchy!! Its part of the Dark Horse look and enhances the package. Its what the designers intended for it to look like. I'm sure the removed hood stripes from the DH would look fine anyway though.

Completely your decision since it is your car. You can do whatever you want to it of course. They are just vinyl stripes so super easy if you ever want to put another set back on the car, but I said the same thing to the dudes that were removing their stripes from the Mach 1s. Its part of the car, just seems strange to me when folks take parts of the identity away from the machine.

Obviously you are just talking about removing stripes, but one guy I remember got a black Bullitt and changed out the grille, rear decklid, wheels.. like why not just buy the GT at that point if the parts that make it special are removed?
I totally see your point. I just wish it was a bit smaller and not a cheap looking sticker. Ideally I would have gone for painted stripes but not for 5K.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I would just remove them and not put anything back in their place. They just cover too much area of the hood. Especially with Blue Ember, which I think less of it being covered is better.
I agree with youā€”if I end up getting a DH, Iā€™ll be removing the decals as well. I tend to like a cleaner look in general. However, with that said, there are some stripes and decals I do like, but the DH decals just look dumb to me.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Tons of guys removed the stripes off the Mach 1s for a cleaner look... might want to check out the S550 Mach 1 forums
I had a Mach1 and no way in hell would I have removed my stripes. They helped make the car what it was

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang

Ha.
My wife is the opposite. She loves the stripes.
Go figure.

_JĀ¢_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion
I don't mind the decal on the Dark Horse. The issue I see is the decals not lasting as long and causing paint issues as the time goes on. Reason being, why I will be taking mine off.
I agree as well, the more Blue Ember, the cleaner it will look.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I really love the DH decals and the painted stripes as well. Would replace them if something happened to them, especially on a lighter color.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
if you have Blue Ember, you also have a special version of the hood decals. be sure you want to remove them, as ordering replacement decals is nearly $1600 before parts department markup and labor for installation. i can't find how many hours Ford says installing the decals will pay, but i'm sure that after everything it's probably going to land over $3000

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
if you have Blue Ember, you also have a special version of the hood decals. be sure you want to remove them, as ordering replacement decals is nearly $1600 before parts department markup and labor for installation. i can't find how many hours Ford says installing the decals will pay, but i'm sure that after everything it's probably going to land over $3000
Curious now - so if Blue Ember gets a special version of the hood stripes, what is the color difference in stripes between say the Blue Ember or a black/gray car? Tried looking up pics online but couldn't see the changes.

I can easy see unique stripes costing that much to install. Must be a pain for the parts department to even get another set in the first place.
Sponsored