• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse - Hood decals

NJStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
Hey guys - had my dark horse for a little bit over a month. I just noticed this week some major water spots appearing on the gray piece of the hood decal. Has anyone experienced this? I tried using rubbing compound etc, to remove it but no luck. Is this something that should be replaced by Ford?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

S650 Mustang Dark Horse - Hood decals IMG_3115
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
according to General Service Bulletin (GSB) 23-7073, if those are bubbles, that would be warranty. however, if it's stains/water spots, it is not warranty
S650 Mustang Dark Horse - Hood decals 1702784241734
S650 Mustang Dark Horse - Hood decals 1702784264252

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
There are detailing products out there strictly for use on vinyl graphics. I remember reading that you shouldn't use any product that has wax in it (supposedly you shouldn't use Meguiar's Quik Detailer, etc.). Check on Google but there are products that you can use safely when it comes to vinyl graphics, matte finishes, etc. Using even a mild compound, unfortunately you may have permanently damaged it already...you have to use caution when cleaning the hood graphics. Hope you can get it fixed. In the meantime, you can try some protectant that you would use on your interior vinyl to see if it helps...Meguiar's makes a natural shine one (not glossy). Supposedly McKee's 37 Matte finish cleaner and protectant may help...I have it on order.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67, 99, 2013 Mustang
Hey guys - had my dark horse for a little bit over a month. I just noticed this week some major water spots appearing on the gray piece of the hood decal. Has anyone experienced this? I tried using rubbing compound etc, to remove it but no luck. Is this something that should be replaced by Ford?

IMG_3115.jpeg
painted stripes under clear coat seems like the best long-term fix. I had to remove the Super Snake stripe off the hood of my Shelby Raptor because they got so bad.

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I used Adam’s VRT….you put it on with a sponge….let it sit and buff it off with a soft microfiber. It was awesome when I had a 1LE withe the vinyl matte wrapped hood.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

IMG_3115.jpeg
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
Sponsored