• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse (standard, S, R) Order Thread

GTP-J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2022Mach1
Wasn't the FP350S about 115k? Seems DH-S would be more just due to inflation. I would agree 120+ seems likely. Glad to be proven wrong though! Not many options for factory built track/race cars. Even if in the 120s, still much less than the 718 Clubsport Trackday version. It was 195k+ after shipping and import.
Sponsored

ChuckBilodeau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Race car.
Wasn't the FP350S about 115k? Seems DH-S would be more just due to inflation. I would agree 120+ seems likely. Glad to be proven wrong though! Not many options for factory built track/race cars. Even if in the 120s, still much less than the 718 Clubsport Trackday version. It was 195k+ after shipping and import.
Yes but the FP350S had the same EXPENSIVE BIW chassis as the GT4... Just playing devil's advocate. Anyway I'd prob go for the R...

GTP-J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2022Mach1
I thought both S and R will have the same FIA cage- thought I read that somewhere.

edit-Looking back, I assumed the cages would be the same from the part about featuring all S content. maybe that's not correct.

"Dark Horse R raises the track-focused intensity, featuring all Dark Horse S content, as well as special serialization that approves it for racing. It will come standard with strategic seam welding, a fuel cell for increased range, and Ford Performance Parts wheels."

Last edited:

ChuckBilodeau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Race car.
"Dark Horse R raises the track-focused intensity, featuring all Dark Horse S content, as well as special serialization that approves it for racing. It will come standard with strategic seam welding, a fuel cell for increased range, and Ford Performance Parts wheels."
Thats what made me think the chassis will not be the same...

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
I know it's FWD and not a ton of power, but there is the Civic SI FE1 for $55k.
Still going to handle better and take the abuse better than any modified street car

Or there's the Rush SR for $40k or the Elan NP01 for I think $80k

Last edited:

GTP-J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2022Mach1
I know it's FWD and not a ton of power, but there is the Civic SI FE1 for $55k.
Still going to handle better and take the abuse better than any modified street car

Or there's the Rush SR for $40k or the Elan NP01 for I think $80k
Agree, I considered a Radical at one point, some friends have them, but they seem to need a lot of fettling. And in a DE environment with mostly large, heavy street based cars I'd be a little nervous in one. The Porsche Clubsport is nearly ideal but there's something about a NA V8, MT race car that is appealing. Can't wait to see more details on the DH S and R.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree, I considered a Radical at one point, some friends have them, but they seem to need a lot of fettling. And in a DE environment with mostly large, heavy street based cars I'd be a little nervous in one. The Porsche Clubsport is nearly ideal but there's something about a NA V8, MT race car that is appealing. Can't wait to see more details on the DH S and R.
That's fair; you always want what you don't have, right?
With the mustang, I want something smaller and much lighter weight. But if I had that, I'm sure I'd want a V8 again.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exact, $30k more than the street car, so my theory is not 100% ridiculous!
I like where your head's at, Chuck. Though I don't think the DH-S will be $70-80k, that would be a screaming deal! Honestly, I don't see why it couldn't be.....take a $40-$50k mustang and add $30k of standard race car equipment and done for $70-$80k. Seems reasonable to me.

ChuckBilodeau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Race car.
I like where your head's at, Chuck. Though I don't think the DH-S will be $70-80k, that would be a screaming deal! Honestly, I don't see why it couldn't be.....take a $40-$50k mustang and add $30k of standard race car equipment and done for $70-$80k. Seems reasonable to me.
Well I meant the civic is $30k more than the street car, so a DHS at $95k (+ $45k over the street car) is, maybe, possibly possible?!

racechris74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302S
I've called around to 5+ dealers regarding S or R ordering. Agree with most here, dealers and Ford Tech Perf line all have no idea how to get an allocation or find a way on a list. Answer is usually, "we're the last to know anything..."

I just hope when they officially launch a part number they don't have a disclaimer saying "all have been sold"

OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
My dealer said they will not take a deposit until they have pricing.

ChuckBilodeau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Race car.
I've called around to 5+ dealers regarding S or R ordering. Agree with most here, dealers and Ford Tech Perf line all have no idea how to get an allocation or find a way on a list. Answer is usually, "we're the last to know anything..."
I used to own a Ford dealership (sold 2 years ago), and unfortunately, that's kinda true. Ford tried many times to show its dealerships new stuff and give valuable future info but you always have the stupid guys secretly taking pictures and/or leaking the info which ends up plastered all over the internet

Remember the bronco pictures at the Vegas dealer convention? I was there and they specifically told everyone to hand out their cell phones and not to take pictures; guess what happened. SO now they treat dealerships pretty much like customers. It takes only one stupid person to ruin it for everyone.

Last edited:

ChuckBilodeau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Race car.
What if they dialed down the S if compared to the FP350S to reach a lower price point, let's say 105K (street car with a cage an racing basics)...

The R could be between what the FP350S and the GT4 was, at a $180k price point...

The GT4 would be $250k...

Makes sense?
wow, I think Ford performance read my post! $145k falls right in the middle. I will wait until I see the full specs on the car but right now I must admit there is a little less racecar stuff that I would have expected in the R. But I’m still very excited and will try to order one.

Let’s see what they bring for the S!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '02 4Runner
wow, I think Ford performance read my post! $145k falls right in the middle. I will wait until I see the full specs on the car but right now I must admit there is a little less racecar stuff that I would have expected in the R. But I’m still very excited and will try to order one.

Let’s see what they bring for the S!
Lol yea you were pretty close. I expect the DHS to be around $115-$120k which is what I predicted.

The S might be more my sure being that to order a DHR, multimatic asks for the racing team info. The S might be more geared for weekend track enthusiast.
I’m very excited for the next release.
Sponsored