• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse MSRP + Markups ... no way to buy !!

VELGEN WHEELS

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 /DH
We have two on order and seems like I just can't wait anymore. I have called over 20+ dealers there is some asking 10 /15 /20k over, I told them they're smoking crack. So I just found one fully loaded 2k over out of KY. I had no choice to snag it. It sucks with these dealerships doing what they're doing.
Sponsored

ProdiGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler, Ford F150
Very sad, but I decided not to buy my DH now
1f622.png

DH has been arrived and stopped by the dealer. Somehow my original sales guy was not there and his sales manager came to me and showed me my ordered DH.

Very nice and me and my wife got super excited.

After that, we went back to his office then he showed me the price. Although I did contract with my original salesman to order and buy by MSRP without any markups. Actually I stopped by all bay area dealers. Other dealers told me some markups will be applied. But he promised me no markups. So that's the reason we decided to to order and buy here.

However, the sales manager put >10k markups finally. My wife got super upset
1f621.png

We lost the trust ... I cannot buy without good trust and relationship and I need to be my wife side always.

So if you want to have DH now, ready to drive back to home immediately if you don't care >10k markups to pay. I'll pass you the contact. You can have DH today.
1695391271547.png
1695391518215.png
1695391390345.png

1695391348660.png
That is terrible, they should honor the price on the build sheet and what you and the salesperson agreed upon. Anyone who pays the mark up is screwing us all over. This is the reason these jackasses are charging mark ups, DO NOT PAY MARK UP! The dealer I ordered my GT from is putting up to 5k mark ups on GTs! I hope they don’t pull that crap on me, I’d be furious. I put some screen shots from their page. I hope you can find a dark horse at a reasonable price. If not, get a GT like the rest of us. It’s still a great car. Best of luck to you and your wife.

S650 Mustang Dark Horse MSRP + Markups ... no way to buy !! IMG_2528

S650 Mustang Dark Horse MSRP + Markups ... no way to buy !! IMG_2527

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Boss 302
. My dealer said they have had other dealers calling them trying to get a dark horse for buyers that are offering up to 20k plus over sticker
You actually believe that, that’s a good con to justify 10k over MsRp
It won’t be long and there will be a bunch sitting on Dealers lots for MSRP or less

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
You actually believe that, that’s a good con to justify 10k over MsRp
It won’t be long and there will be a bunch sitting on Dealers lots for MSRP or less
I doubt that. You see them on lots for 10 to 20k over sticker everywhere but they still sell. There are people willing to pay hell. There's people willing to pay 10 20k over MSRP just to get a car not too long ago. Not just a specialty car any car. And you really don't think they'd bring more of a premium right now, the sooner they come in versus waiting. If you don't want to spend that much on a mustang, just tell yourself that others will. It's fine. It's not your money

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
1f622.png

DH has been arrived and stopped by the dealer. Somehow my original sales guy was not there and his sales manager came to me and showed me my ordered DH.

After that, we went back to his office then he showed me the price. Although I did contract with my original salesman to order and buy by MSRP without any markups. Actually I stopped by all bay area dealers. Other dealers told me some markups will be applied. But he promised me no markups. So that's the reason we decided to to order and buy here.

1f621.png

We lost the trust ... I cannot buy without good trust and relationship and I need to be my wife side always.

So if you want to have DH now, ready to drive back to home immediately if you don't care >10k markups to pay. I'll pass you the contact. You can have DH today.
1695391271547.png
1695391518215.png
1695391390345.png

1695391348660.png
When dealers do this, everyone needs to start doing reviews for that company and letting people know how they do their customers.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only thing that sucks is most likely that will slap a higher mark up now since you didn't take it. That's my only guess. My dealer said they have had other dealers calling them trying to get a dark horse for buyers that are offering up to 20k plus over sticker
That’s just ridiculous! Those dealers need called out on that. You do know if you have the XPlan, and you tell them you want to see the invoice they have to show it to you. I would never ever buy from a place that did that. I got my GT to the penny that it was supposed to be, -800 and something they took off for me, plus I wanted to finance 20,000 even, and they Did not put in the $.57 I paid to make it even, So it went on the three-year loan which comes out to 20 some dollars extra but I still let them know about it and they gave me a check for $100

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
That’s just ridiculous! Those dealers need called out on that. You do know if you have the XPlan, and you tell them you want to see the invoice they have to show it to you. I would never ever buy from a place that did that. I got my GT to the penny that it was supposed to be, -800 and something they took off for me, plus I wanted to finance 20,000 even, and they Did not put in the $.57 I paid to make it even, So it went on the three-year loan which comes out to 20 some dollars extra but I still let them know about it and they gave me a check for $100
Yeah you got a GT at price. They are selling GTs at MSRP. They are only selling the Dark horse above but who cares? It's not your money

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
1f622.png

1f621.png

1695391271547.png
1695391518215.png
1695391390345.png

1695391348660.png

Bravo!!! Let them choke on it.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah you got a GT at price. They are selling GTs at MSRP. They are only selling the Dark horse above but who cares? It's not your money
Yeah well I find it hard to believe that anybody would be stupid enough to pay 20,000 over MSRP. It doesn’t matter if you have the money or not. My brothers had a Lamborghini now he’s back to the Corvette. He had paid a big down payment on one of the rivian trucks. They called him and told him they were going to charge more, so he told them to cancel it. Then, when a lot of people started telling them to shove it, they came back and said well, we’re going to keep it at the original price, a lot of people were not happy about it. He told them no, he would just go buy a Corvette. He could’ve paid it no problem, That’s not the point. The point is people ripping off people, I want to go to bed at night and be able to sleep. I could’ve gotten a dark horse, and I was originally going to, but two things made me not get it, one I wanted, a convertible, two when they talked about upping the price, I said no way. The car is gonna go down in value as soon as you drive it off the lot just like all the others.

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Yeah well I find it hard to believe that anybody would be stupid enough to pay 20,000 over MSRP. It doesn’t matter if you have the money or not. My brothers had a Lamborghini now he’s back to the Corvette. He had paid a big down payment on one of the rivian trucks. They called him and told him they were going to charge more, so he told them to cancel it. Then, when a lot of people started telling them to shove it, they came back and said well, we’re going to keep it at the original price, a lot of people were not happy about it. He told them no, he would just go buy a Corvette. He could’ve paid it no problem, That’s not the point. The point is people ripping off people, I want to go to bed at night and be able to sleep. I could’ve gotten a dark horse, and I was originally going to, but two things made me not get it, one I wanted, a convertible, two when they talked about upping the price, I said no way. The car is gonna go down in value as soon as you drive it off the lot just like all the others.
Okay cool that's you. You don't want to spend the money on that car versus I really like the Dark horse and I really want one that's just a lot more easier and convenient just to get the one from my dealer. also I just see it instead of having to search for one at MSRP. See if I have to get it shipped. See if I have to drive out and take time to get it and all that cost me money anyways. So I just got to pay the 10k drive 10 minutes and pick up my car when It comes in and it's mine. You can do what you want. I can do what I want. It's no big deal. People get ripped off on other things all the time doesn't make it right. No am I upset about paying the extra yes but I don't care

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
People everywhere spend well over msrp. People need to make decisions best for them, but to think dealers won't get 10-20k over msrp is just crazy. Of course they will sell and get every penny of the ADM's

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay cool that's you. You don't want to spend the money on that car versus I really like the Dark horse and I really want one that's just a lot more easier and convenient just to get the one from my dealer. also I just see it instead of having to search for one at MSRP. See if I have to get it shipped. See if I have to drive out and take time to get it and all that cost me money anyways. So I just got to pay the 10k drive 10 minutes and pick up my car when It comes in and it's mine. You can do what you want. I can do what I want. It's no big deal. People get ripped off on other things all the time doesn't make it right. No am I upset about paying the extra yes but I don't care
Did you look at all of them on KBB.com, cars.com edmunds.com.
There are a lot of dark horses out there and they didn’t up the price. I don’t like seeing anyone get ripped off

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Did you look at all of them on KBB.com, cars.com edmunds.com.
There are a lot of dark horses out there and they didn’t up the price. I don’t like seeing anyone get ripped off
And there are tons on there above MRSP. Did you just ignore what I said? I don't care there are others "listed" at MSRP who really knows if that is what they are going to sell for. Cause you know it cost me money and time to get one that is no where near me

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
1f622.png

1f621.png

1695391271547.png
1695391518215.png
1695391390345.png

1695391348660.png
Check state laws if you have a signed buyers order by manager, I always make sure the buyers order says at msrp on it