• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Handling Package Constraint - Shortage on Which Part?

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
With constant news of the Handling Package being an exhausted commodity for the Dark Horse, I start to wonder what components in the handling package could be on constraint:

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Handling Package Constraint - Shortage on Which Part? 1690491485825

Since the bottleneck is at the plant, probably either the Mag Ride or the chassis tuning? Surely it's not the entire package that exhausted.
Sponsored

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
With constant news of the Handling Package being an exhausted commodity for the Dark Horse, I start to wonder what components in the handling package could be on constraint:

1690491485825.png

Since the bottleneck is at the plant, probably either the Mag Ride or the chassis tuning? Surely it's not the entire package that exhausted.
It's 100% the black paint on the spoiler lol.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
The constraint is the actual custom shop/plant isn’t ready to run yet so they are just doing a handful still.
Mod center for FRAP.

they aren’t building DH HPs on the line… they are building DH and sending it to get modded into the HP.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Would not surprise me if it is the trofeo rs tires, they are brand new.

Dont know if they will do these like the Mach 1 HP, they didn't produce them from Dec-March because of the tires. If thats true, some of us have a long wait if we aren't scheduled by November.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
It's 100% the black paint on the spoiler lol.
That was my exact same thought when I read the specs. They can't paint roofs black, so I'm with you on the black painted spoiler.

Last edited:

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Would not surprise me if it is the trofeo rs tires, they are brand new.

Dont know if they will do these like the Mach 1 HP, they didn't produce them from Dec-March because of the tires. If thats true, some of us have a long wait if we aren't scheduled by November.
Do they still produce GT PP's during the winter even though they come with summer tires?

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Do they still produce GT PP's during the winter even though they come with summer tires?
Yes they do. The tires are not quite in the same class. The Mach 1 handling pack had Michelin Cup 2 tires that are not supposed to be driven in Temps under 40 degrees and the company says that temps below 20 can damage the tire in storage, without driving. Not sure if the Trofeo RS tires will have the same requirements, but the standard P Zeros on the PP do not.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
My guess would be the wheels. Seeing as there are 2 other wheel options with constraints.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yes they do. The tires are not quite in the same class. The Mach 1 handling pack had Michelin Cup 2 tires that are not supposed to be driven in Temps under 40 degrees and the company says that temps below 20 can damage the tire in storage, without driving. Not sure if the Trofeo RS tires will have the same requirements, but the standard P Zeros on the PP do not.
Thanks good to know!

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
The owners manual has the same temperature constraint with the Trofeo as the Cup 2 tires.
Sponsored