• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Handling Pack

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Was that directed at me, or everyone that responded to this thread? Just curious..
I am thinking it is aimed at those who were too judgemental about people getting the HP due to cost. But then have spent more getting the parts in the aftermarket. I do not think their post was aimed at you at lease i hope it wasn't. Just those who tried to make the people with the HP feel bad or second guess.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RiksDH

RiksDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2023 Cadillac Escalade Sport.
I am thinking it is aimed at those who were too judgemental about people getting the HP due to cost. But then have spent more getting the parts in the aftermarket. I do not think their post was aimed at you at lease i hope it wasn't. Just those who tried to make the people with the HP feel bad or second guess.
Got you! But still, a bit uncalled for. I totally understand people getting annoyed about a particular topic or what have you. But other than a few comments expressing an opinion about the overall HP Pack, this entire thread has just been more of an informative discussion about the HP. Heck, I ordered one. It's stated in my OP! All good šŸ˜Š
Thanks for chiming in!

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Itbis
Got you! But still, a bit uncalled for. I totally understand people getting annoyed about a particular topic or what have you. But other than a few comments expressing an opinion about the overall HP Pack, this entire thread has just been more of an informative discussion about the HP. Heck, I ordered one. It's stated in my OP! All good šŸ˜Š
Thanks for chiming in!
A bit uncalled for to criticize people for the decision they made. If you want or donā€™t want is your call, but it is not someone elseā€™s call on how others made their vehicle decisions.

OP
OP
RiksDH

RiksDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itbis

A bit uncalled for to criticize people for the decision they made. If you want or donā€™t want is your call, but it is not someone elseā€™s call on how others made their vehicle decisions.
Dude! Are you sure youā€™re reading and understanding the entire thread correctly?
First, can you quote me one response or anything in my original post that I criticized ā€œPeopleā€ or anyone in particular for their Purchase?

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
I think the handling package is overpriced. There isn't that much of a difference in hardware, in my opinion to justify the cost. The wheel and tires I would switch out anyway as they are boat anchors on an already heavy car.
I weighed mine and they are identical to a few ounces to 350 wheels with ps4's on em 305/325

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K2375
What do you guys think about increasing the tire Width/Size on the Stock Rims? If so, any recommendations on limits? šŸ˜ŽšŸ™
Depends on what you want to do with the car. The stock non-HP wheel/tire combo on the Dark Horse is the same as the one on my Mach 1 (9.5/255 front and 10/275 rear) I believe. For normal and even spirited street driving it is fine but I don't know how the Pirellis are. I remember my 2016 GT coming with some Pirellis and they were total crap (I think they were also just 235s on all corners). Since then I've only had Michelin tires (Pilot Super Sport, Pilot Sport 4s, Cup 2) and was always very happy with them.

My car came with 255/275 Pilot Sport 4s and they were good. I never felt "under-tired", except for when really pushing the car. I currently run the Mach 1 HP wheels with 305 front and 315 rear Pilot Sport 4s and the difference is noticeable. They also look better IMO, so I have to admit that optics was also a deciding factor to me.

OP
OP
RiksDH

RiksDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on what you want to do with the car. The stock non-HP wheel/tire combo on the Dark Horse is the same as the one on my Mach 1 (9.5/255 front and 10/275 rear) I believe. For normal and even spirited street driving it is fine but I don't know how the Pirellis are. I remember my 2016 GT coming with some Pirellis and they were total crap (I think they were also just 235s on all corners). Since then I've only had Michelin tires (Pilot Super Sport, Pilot Sport 4s, Cup 2) and was always very happy with them.

My car came with 255/275 Pilot Sport 4s and they were good. I never felt "under-tired", except for when really pushing the car. I currently run the Mach 1 HP wheels with 305 front and 315 rear Pilot Sport 4s and the difference is noticeable. They also look better IMO, so I have to admit that optics was also a deciding factor to me.
Yup! All correct! Like you were reading my mind, lol. Definitely that is my aim. Your last point sums it up. A mix of appearance/ performance upgrade. Im gonna go in between and run PS4s as well. 275 on the front, and 295 on the rear. I sort of like the stock rims. So i decided to keep em. Plus dropped 7k on all ceramic coatings all around Wrapping (Wheels too)Expel PPF, ceramic coating Ceramic tint, the whole shebang, lol.
As always, very thorough and helpful. Really appreciate it, Man.
Thanks a bunch šŸ™

Last edited:

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K2375
Yup! All correct! Like you were reading my mind, lol. Definitely that is my aim. Your last point sums it up. A mix of appearance/ performance upgrade. Im gonna go in between and run PS4s as well. 275 on the front, and 295 on the rear. I sort of like the stock rims. So i decided to keep em. Plus dropped 7k on all ceramic coatings all around Wrapping (Wheels too)Expel PPF, ceramic coating Ceramic tint, the whole shebang, lol.
As always, very thorough and helpful. Really appreciate it, Man.
Thanks a bunch šŸ™
Of course! Sounds good and I think that is wide as you can go on the stock rims. Man, you really gave her the full spa treatment :thumbsup:

OP
OP
RiksDH

RiksDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course! Sounds good and I think that is wide as you can go on the stock rims. Man, you really gave her the full spa treatment :thumbsup:
Indeed! Ha! Wifey not too happy šŸ˜†
Canā€™t imagine when Super Charger becomes available early next year. Lol.
šŸ™

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
Hi and congrats on the new ride! The HP parts are mentioned here but you probably know that already. https://shop.ford.com/configure/mustang/config/packages/Config[|Ford|Mustang|2024|1|1.|700A.P8R..PK1...COU.67P.MAC.YZTAC.]?intcmp=moddetails-bb-fbc

I think the biggest challenge right now would be availability. Ford Performance just started offering the shift knob https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-7213-T but that is all I could find so far.

I myself am looking for some Handling Package wheels but unless finding some take-offs (no luck so far), that'll take time. I inquired with Ford Performance and they said they didn't know when/if they were going to offer them. They do offer the PP2 wheels and the Mach 1 wheels, so I am pretty optimistic they'll do the same for the DH wheels. Question is when. Same goes for the Spoiler with the Gurney Flap.

Speaking of Mach 1 wheels, I think they look pretty nice on the DH, if you'd consider that https://www.7thmustang.com/threads/ford-mustang-dark-horse-with-mach-1-handling-pack-wheels.419/

As to camber plates and tow hook, there are quite a few aftermarket options. Not sure what "Revised Chassis Tuning" entails but could be sway bars and springs (maybe ask Ford Performance).

As to "Magnetic Damping System", I find it quite interesting that for the Mach 1, Ford Performance, says there is no difference in MagneRide tuning between HP and non-HP. Maybe the same goes for the DH?
I'm curious about this.

If the differences of the HP are largely wheels/tires, then I'd be inclined to forgo to the HP and install some parts from the HP later on (ie. camber plates).

I think most people who end up tracking the car frequently are going to opt for a square wheel/tire setup anyways.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Love it when people criticize the price of the Dark Horse or the price of the performance suspension package, but then want to buy the parts to make their car look like one.
Maybe they'd just like to get their car before 2026.

How exactly does a handling package Dark Horse "look" different other than the unique wheel tire package?

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Maybe they'd just like to get their car before 2026.

How exactly does a handling package Dark Horse "look" different other than the unique wheel tire package?
Splitter, rear wing, front wheel arch trim and of course wider wheels with larger tires.
Sponsored