• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Daily driver suggestions between 25-30k

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
White over red/black interior

1.3k over sticker, I can live with that

pick it up on Friday woooooo
Sponsored

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
But yeah, I saw someone else mention the Prius. The new gen is a massive improvement. Strange how car fans are openly praising a Prius lol. Shows how impressive the new one is.
I think weā€™ve all come around to hybrids over the past decade after seeing some good performance examples; itā€™s not just associated with South Park references anymore šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The clutch is too light on these though. Picture the clutch on an MT-82 and cut the resistance in half at least. Felt like I was going to punch a hole through the firewall

And it does the same rev hang thing I hate on upshifts where the revs fall and hold to the predicted RPM, but I also only realized that rev matching was on after we got back from the test drive, so maybe thatā€™s a byproduct, but I also thought rev matching only affected downshifts

Need to find a spring replacement asap

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
The clutch is too light on these though. Picture the clutch on an MT-82 and cut the resistance in half at least. Felt like I was going to punch a hole through the firewall

And it does the same rev hang thing I hate on upshifts where the revs fall and hold to the predicted RPM, but I also only realized that rev matching was on after we got back from the test drive, so maybe thatā€™s a byproduct, but I also thought rev matching only affected downshifts

Shoulda got a GTI, much better transmission and driving dynamics.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE

Congrats man! Outstanding dailly. I'm going to be in the same boat next year, seriously considering the new WRX (I need AWD in my area). Japanese sedans make for great daily drivers, especially since they still come in manual.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I spent six months trying to lock them down. My main issue with the GTI comes down to the transmissions and shitty ADM situation

The DSG auto-upshifts on the GTI which sounds like anon-issue but is a total deal breaker for me (just like it was for the Stinger) and their manual is notoriously sub-par, like a gummy gearbox with a vague clutch pedal and it can barely hold stock torque output. You need the R to get a DSG with semi-decent physical paddles and have to put it into Race/Special to get it to hold gears, and if you opt for a manual they reduce torque to the level that the stockclutch can handle. I wouldā€™ve been in a DSG R months ago if their dealer system wasnā€™t hot trash

But I also donā€™t care which car is faster, which theoretically handles better on a circuit, 0-60, all that shit. Thatā€™s for forums. This thing delivered what I wanted on the test drive and it should make a fun commuter. Hereā€™s to hoping lol

But I do love the MK8 truth he told :ā€™)

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Congrats man! Outstanding dailly. I'm going to be in the same boat next year, seriously considering the new WRX (I need AWD in my area). Japanese sedans make for great daily drivers, especially since they still come in manual.
Thanks dude! I highly suggest test driving one; theyā€™re slow as shit in a straight line but I really loved the way it handled, like right on that line of comfort and damper control and the interior no longer looks like a Gundam kit like my 10th gen

Heard the new WRXs are really refined so they should make for a really good commuter

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Thanks dude! I highly suggest test driving one; theyā€™re slow as shit in a straight line but I really loved the way it handled, like right on that line of comfort and damper control and the interior no longer looks like a Gundam kit like my 10th gen

Heard the new WRXs are really refined so they should make for a really good commuter
Gundam kit lmao

TheCur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wild Cherry Tintcoat ZL1 M6
I dunno about "much better", the past couple generations of Civic Si have been truly impressive drivers cars. Honda's are almost universally praised for their manual's... Don't get offended, but it sounds like you haven't driven a Si lately or are just a big VW fanboy.

And when factoring in reliability I'd take a Honda over a VW every single time.

@OppoLock - I'm jealous, my "other" car needs to haul 2-3 ~130lb bullmastiffs or I'd love to get a Si. I'm looking at replacing our Infiniti M with a CX-5 or Outback. <sad trombone noises>

Definitely going to need some pics and seat time review.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
So your daily driver was not a Mustang and never was considered a replacement vehicle? You must have a long daily commute.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Too lazy to redo the math. But in 2018, I drove 40 miles a day round trip. Factoring tires, oil changes, and gas, I saved over $200 a month by picking up a commuter. Iā€™ve still got a commuter and itā€™s more than paid itself off.
Well now itā€™s not my commuter, itā€™s my daily bc Iā€™ve got no fun car šŸ˜­

Edit: especially so when gas prices were wildly high

So your daily driver was not a Mustang and never was considered a replacement vehicle? You must have a long daily commute.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Easy vote for the 2022 Mazda 3 with the turbo. Super practical and fun to drive

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Too lazy to redo the math. But in 2018, I drove 40 miles a day round trip. Factoring tires, oil changes, and gas, I saved over $200 a month by picking up a commuter. Iā€™ve still got a commuter and itā€™s more than paid itself off.
Well now itā€™s not my commuter, itā€™s my daily bc Iā€™ve got no fun car šŸ˜­
I haven't had a job where I commuted over 23 miles RT since 1979 and only then because I received a mileage allowance. On that commute, I wore out my 1977 PInto in 18 months plus my stress levels were through the roof. I said no more and moved closer to my job. My 15-year Mustang (that I have had since it was new) is a daily driver and has less than 96K miles. The only part that looks bad is the windshield and it is full of pits.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Thatā€™s the dream commute. Iā€™ve only ever worked in refineries and chemical plants. They either donā€™t build them close to nice areas and/or you just donā€™t want to live near them. Pays well. Minor trade off.

I haven't had a job where I commuted over 23 miles RT since 1979 and only then because I received a mileage allowance. On that commute, I wore out my 1977 PInto in 18 months plus my stress levels were through the roof. I said no more and moved closer to my job. My 15-year Mustang (that I have had since it was new) is a daily driver and has less than 96K miles. The only part that looks bad is the windshield and it is full of pits.